DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    School metal detectors
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School metal detectors
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Perhaps we should protect them from lightning

One in 1 trillion is great until its your child.
Statistics:
Most shark attacks occur in less than six feet of water, what does that tell us? Most people swim in less than six feet of water! Most traffic accidents occur within 25 miles of home, what does that tell us? Most of our driving is done less than 25 miles from home.
Statistics are used often as a drunk uses a lamp post.....for support rather than illumination.
Like Larry is saying, do something, anything, to help stop the problem. doing nothing is the worst thing at this time.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
Brilliant Idea!....EXCEPT TIMOTHY MCVEIGH AND TERRY NICHOLS, THE DEADLIEST KILLERS IN US HISTORY, WOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY USING YOUR PLAN!!!!

Really.... So they killed more than the shyt stained muslim camel fucrs on 9/11? Go back to your safe space and wait to fall in the ocean with the rest of you cali nut cases.

I guess it takes a nut case like me to know that every school shooting has been done by white American born kids, not the foreigners you want to say should leave cause they are the problem!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Statistics:
Most shark attacks occur in less than six feet of water, what does that tell us? Most people swim in less than six feet of water! Most traffic accidents occur within 25 miles of home, what does that tell us? Most of our driving is done less than 25 miles from home.
Statistics are used often as a drunk uses a lamp post.....for support rather than illumination.
Like Larry is saying, do something, anything, to help stop the problem. doing nothing is the worst thing at this time.

We use statistics to prioritize our efforts.....or we should. How would you like to look at the FACTS about how uncommon school shootings are Mike? It's a nice emotional subject that fits right in with some political agendas and makes for great drama on the nightly news. Unintentional fatal injuries, cancer and suicide are far more common causes of death among US school aged children. Where's the big push to spend money to improve those statistics? Does it matter more greatly to a parent why a child dies or that he/she simply stays alive?
Armed guards and metal detectors in schools so we can avoid the tiny blip on the radar compared to the real causes of death among school children? You get way more bang for your buck concentrating on reducing suicides in that age group. Then realizing that a good many of the school shooters are among that age group AND suicidal, and you just improved two statistics.
I'm just saying we should spend money to solve real problems, and not just to make ourselves feel better about school safety.
Far more kids are killed in bus crashes on the way to school than shot at school. No seat belts on busses. What will save more lives and which is cheaper?
I guess bus seat belts just aren't sexy enough for the nightly news or a candidates platform.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did not read the entire thread but did anyone mention the deadliest school massacre in United States history?

Posts: 842 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia:

Bath school disaster. 58 dead 38 were students.

Posts: 842 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The year: 1927

No AR 15's involved.......

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that 911 was done by Muslim terrorists makes the Oklahoma City bombing by white, American, ex military men OK? What is your point?

My point is that YOU, along with ALL other libtards talk bs out your ass. They obviously werent the "deadliest" killers in us history, so why say it? To protect your muslum shyt stain pig brothers?

The rest of you blind mince dont get it either. The people behind the scenes want us fighting with each other. Liberals where created as a distraction along with all the liberal sub categories such as homos, mexicans, and mold makers.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good to see that Boucher is still fighting for the Right . When this country has one party we all will be in deep trouble .

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good to see that Boucher is still fighting for the Right . When this country has one party we all will be in deep trouble .

WRONG. Im fighting for what IS right. Liberals where created to divide a country. Its brainwashed into the colledge kids that are too ignorant to think for themselves. Its brainwashed into weak minded Americans that think news channels are anything more than a business trying to make a profit spewing whatever they are told out of their mouths. School shootings take place because they are part of an agenda. The more shootings, the more people say you know what, maybe its worth giving up our freedoms to "protect" innocent people. The more people willing to give up their rights, the easier to let the muslims intertwine into society and implement their own animal like way of existance. You think any country is dumb enough to let a bunch of third world mexicans walk all over them like we are? Shyt no its another topic the created liberals can fight Americans about, more division, more smoke and mirrors, more termoil. When obummer lit the white house up like a queer, hillary was probably handin syrians over the keys to their shiny new U.S. tanks who knows but the sooner we get the liberals aka weak minded *****s out of the country, the muslims out, all aliens, hell anybody here since ww2, then we can start takin our country back. If the same people alive today were alive in the 40s, we would be speaking german, whats that tell you.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most traffic accidents occur within 25 miles of home, what does that tell us?

You should move!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

WRONG. Im fighting for what IS right. Liberals where created to divide a country. Its brainwashed into the colledge kids that are too ignorant to think for themselves. Its brainwashed into weak minded Americans that think news channels are anything more than a business trying to make a profit spewing whatever they are told out of their mouths. School shootings take place because they are part of an agenda. The more shootings, the more people say you know what, maybe its worth giving up our freedoms to "protect" innocent people. The more people willing to give up their rights, the easier to let the muslims intertwine into society and implement their own animal like way of existance. You think any country is dumb enough to let a bunch of third world mexicans walk all over them like we are? Shyt no its another topic the created liberals can fight Americans about, more division, more smoke and mirrors, more termoil. When obummer lit the white house up like a queer, hillary was probably handin syrians over the keys to their shiny new U.S. tanks who knows but the sooner we get the liberals aka weak minded *****s out of the country, the muslims out, all aliens, hell anybody here since ww2, then we can start takin our country back. If the same people alive today were alive in the 40s, we would be speaking german, whats that tell you.

Got news for you...neither the right nor the left run this country. The money does. Sooner you figure that out the better off you will be.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
quote:
quote:

Got news for you...neither the right nor the left run this country. The money does. Sooner you figure that out the better off you will be.

Power and money do and have always gone hand in hand.
But whatever. I thought we were all frothed up about saving a group of kids whose parents have a better chance of winning the loto than the kid getting killed by a gun at school. Let's not lose our grip on the goofy here.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Maclibtard, its not run by money, its been run by the cia since the 40s! Yet the liberals are too brainwashed to get it. The CIA through jeff bezos owns the washington post, yet you fools buy their liberal bs hook line and sinker. School shootings are perfect for their agenda and you schmucks eat it up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maclibtard, its not run by money, its been run by the cia since the 40s! Yet the liberals are too brainwashed to get it. The CIA through jeff bezos owns the washington post, yet you fools buy their liberal bs hook line and sinker. School shootings are perfect for their agenda and you schmucks eat it up.

lol...whatever keyboard hero

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Statistics:

We use statistics to prioritize our efforts.....or we should. How would you like to look at the FACTS about how uncommon school shootings are Mike? It's a nice emotional subject that fits right in with some political agendas and makes for great drama on the nightly news. Unintentional fatal injuries, cancer and suicide are far more common causes of death among US school aged children. Where's the big push to spend money to improve those statistics? Does it matter more greatly to a parent why a child dies or that he/she simply stays alive?
Armed guards and metal detectors in schools so we can avoid the tiny blip on the radar compared to the real causes of death among school children? You get way more bang for your buck concentrating on reducing suicides in that age group. Then realizing that a good many of the school shooters are among that age group AND suicidal, and you just improved two statistics.
I'm just saying we should spend money to solve real problems, and not just to make ourselves feel better about school safety.
Far more kids are killed in bus crashes on the way to school than shot at school. No seat belts on busses. What will save more lives and which is cheaper?
I guess bus seat belts just aren't sexy enough for the nightly news or a candidates platform.

Good points indeed!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have lots of ideas, but none would ever "fly", so I'll keep them to myself.

Someone mentioned division amongst all of us. My thought on that is that division is part of a big problem. Even in this thread, I'm reading where so-and-such is pointing a finger at so-and-so, etc. This happens daily among all of us 350 million Americans. Could the division be a contributing factor in the type behavior that we're seeing lately? Next question....how are foreigners (countries/leaders/immigrant/etc) affecting the division amongst Americans?

Purely rhetorical.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bring back Roseanne!!!!!!now that should get some comments. I think NC passed letting qualified teachers carry a weapon yesterday, I think.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't see how any lower authority can overrule the Constitution's 2nd Amendment's rights.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:

Someone mentioned division amongst all of us. My thought on that is that division is part of a big problem. Even in this thread, I'm reading where so-and-such is pointing a finger at so-and-so, etc. This happens daily among all of us 350 million Americans. Could the division be a contributing factor in the type behavior that we're seeing lately? Next question....how are foreigners (countries/leaders/immigrant/etc) affecting the division amongst Americans?

Purely rhetorical.

Sure. But more than that is the WAY we disagree. There is little respect in a lot of political disagreements today. If someone doesn't believe the immigration is good for our country, those who disagree label them as a racist. Right away that is the end of any civil conversation about anything. Any heaven forbid we simply live with our differences. No! We have to hate each other because we can't accept not only not having our voices heard, but not getting our way. We are a country of fat children living in adults' bodies today.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:

Purely rhetorical.

Sure. But more than that is the WAY we disagree. There is little respect in a lot of political disagreements today. If someone doesn't believe the immigration is good for our country, those who disagree label them as a racist. Right away that is the end of any civil conversation about anything. Any heaven forbid we simply live with our differences. No! We have to hate each other because we can't accept not only not having our voices heard, but not getting our way. We are a country of fat children living in adults' bodies today.

Im not racist i own a black truck. Youre not going to ever get anywhere trying to have a conversation with somebody that cant figure out what bathroom to use or realize if they have a ****** that they are in fact a boy. They are brainwashed hypocritical fools that are beyond saving and stick to a couple pre programmed ignorant responses to answer facts. So dont bother wasting your breath.

Its fine for that she ape to wear a shirt of Mr. Trump blowing his brains out but Rossane says something against the left (which was spot on by the way she nailed it! look at side by side photos youll see) and bam shows canceled. Im sure someones gonna say im a racist for calling whoopi whatever the fuc her name is a she ape and im perfectly fine with that cldnt care less, but for gods sake look at her or it or whatever and tell me im wrong.