New
Find
Notify
Tools

IHRA to NHRA Lic?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Reading online today per NHRA, you can use your existing license from "another sanctioning body" and just make 2 full passes.

My question is IHRA's license ETs are not the same as NHRA, mine is good to 9.00, class D, will that qualify me to be good to 7.50 level 4 license in NHRA land? Has anyone done this lately? It would be much easier to get 2 passes insted of 6 at a T&T.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HR3377,

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The track operator can waive the licensing runs, with agreement of the drivers who are signing off.
Take single runs during time trials and call it good.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A racing friend just did a IHRA license to NHRA license “Transfer” which is the 7.50/ 9.99 class. The deal was this. He needed 2 time slips (these can be with a competitor in the other lane) showing the car running faster than 9.99 in the past 12 months and a licensed NHRA driver witnessing the runs (me) to sign the application. He also needed a “Track Owner/ Official ” to sign the application as well. His NHRA 6B License came in 2 weeks.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post