DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
I used to think racing in Pro Et at Rt 66 for $1,000 to win didn't make much sense either.

Doesn't matter what the payout is, 75% - 80% of the racers at ANY event go home with ZERO. Racing doesn't make financial sense, PERIOD. You either enjoy racing, or you don't.

I would be interested in poll results if tracks went to trophy only.With your logic,why should they payout anything?
Don't need a poll out here. Bandimere has a class with about 400 entries and NO payout! Trophies only. No payout, no problem here,

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
Don't need a poll out here. Bandimere has a class with about 400 entries and NO payout! Trophies only. No payout, no problem here,

400?! Eek Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I used to think racing in Pro Et at Rt 66 for $1,000 to win didn't make much sense either.

Doesn't matter what the payout is, 75% - 80% of the racers at ANY event go home with ZERO. Racing doesn't make financial sense, PERIOD. You either enjoy racing, or you don't.

I would be interested in poll results if tracks went to trophy only.With your logic,why should they payout anything?

Wow,that is fascinating.
I guess I would race for a trophy with a street car,but I think I would park my race car if I was only going to race for a trophy.
I might race for a National event trophy if I didn't have any,but that's about it.
If the track had trophy only,each entry should kick in $10 into a pot and there is $4,000 that could be split up to the finalists.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What class is it? I'm looking at their website.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used to race a Tuesday night gamblers race. $45 to enter. $10 for every entry going to the winner.

I did well considering I have a cut up shyt box. Won more than the car is worth every year. Granted I don't really have a towing fee. Im a mile to the track that I am banned from from for posting a in picture on FB because the owner is an assh0le. So my cars sit.

The other winners had nothing special and some would know their names. One of them is ½ mile from the track with plenty of foot brake wins. One of them won a million dollar race. One has plenty of wins and has a School. That was when racing was fun.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
That was when racing was fun.

Now that is just sad. "Fun" in the past tense. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What class is it? I'm looking at their website.
Club Clash- for 'street legal' door cars belonging to a car club. Two ET categories: 14.00 & slower; 10.50-13.99. Ave. DA for this track is 8800'.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post