DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. Been awhile and I'm sorry, life has been crazy.

I did go racing at Cecil this weekend. Ran Street and Pro. First time in two years and went two rounds in Street and three rounds in Pro. Took Bud McNasby out 2nd round of pro. Gave it back to me by .0024. I'd say successful time out and I was on the tree.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hoping the rain we get tomorrow drains away in time for racing Saturday. Forecast this morning was saying close to 2".

1258, I hope the good kind of crazy. Sounds like it, if you were able to get some racing in. Nice! Bud is one tough racer! And he drives the right kind of make. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning How We All Doing...well the summer is here and just in time for the A/C at the house to die a slow death.... LOL It's being extracted as I type this and new one being installed, Wow!!! contractor said will save $70 per month over the old antique one... Lets see $9000 divided by 70 , should pay back in just over 10 years....What a deal that's just when the warranty will run out....LOL There goes my fund for enclosed trailer, Oh well I'll start all over for the third time. Got a feeling someone does not want me to have an enclosed....

Chuck, rain sounds real good to me send it down here no racing for the next 6 weeks, hope the monsoons bring us a bunch of wet stuff...

Camaroracer. Sounds like a great time doubling up and going rounds....

Fern, Olds verse the world how can you do wrong ....

Everyone Have A Great Day.....

It's so Hot

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rain rain rain all day in the forecast, 2-3" of it. I hope Keystone dries out enough for us to race after it stops.

Nick, I wish I could ship this west. Or anywhere that needs it. Long range forecast for next week doesn't look good, and we race Friday and Sunday. Ugh, that stinks the AC died in those temps.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning at all... well everything is on hold out here in the desert southwest. Wild Horse Pass had its last race before its summer break canceled because of the extreme heat so Saturday is a bust... It sure is great having friends , I say that cause When the A/C went out one of my good track buddies said "call my nephew's". I did and there team came out gave and estimate of repairs on 30 year old unit and 11 options on new units. I had been shopping online for pricing and had three other estimates and found they beat them all on the unit I wanted. This started Tuesday at noon making an appointment with them coming out Wednesday and by Thursday at 3 PM was cooling down the house. Believe me when I tell you other A/C contactors saying "I come out in a week to 9 days" was bad news. The A/C was still working but could have died any minute so the service I got was way beyond helpful as I was out of town working.

Chuck, We are so dry , we really could use some that NOW!!!! LOL

Everyone Have A Great weekend....

Make mine a chocolate milk shake hold the whip cream....

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Hope all is well. Things are getting more hectic with life now. More keeps piling on when we are about to start demoing our kitchen to update it. Ugh.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been running like a chicken with its head cut off! Looked to see about trying to race this weekend and looks like mud bogs and slot car racing + IHRA at Piedmont is all there is close by. State got 15 race tracks and no one wants to race----might head down to Darlington--maybe. Got to go back to Baltimore Tue. Don't know how anyone can face I-95 every day 40-50 miles of stop and go traffic. You all have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its all loaded and hooked up. If the weather holds I'll be at Darlington Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Luck be safe and have a great time.... Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made it to Darlington. 3 hour ride. rained after 1st round so after a couple hours waiting while they dried the track and it started to drizzle once more I headed on back home. I had a good time, car was ok, and I saw lots of friends that I used to race with at Pageland......I took my truck instead of the motor home and that was a mistake because it was in the 90s and the humidity was about the same. HOT! First time there after new owner completely redid the place and it is great. Talked to him for awhile and he seems like a nice person interested in the racers. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Dinner with friends Friday night, and the track survived the rains and ponding. A delayed Saturday, but the crew works hard, and we went one time trial and raced. Dodged a bullet first round in Mod, I was .058 total, and Chad was .0005 red, dead on 1. I'm the slowest car in Top, and drew the fastest, my 7.87 dial to a 4.61. My .029 to a .010, man that thing closes fast when it's coming 65mph more than my junk. Dropped and the W came on in my lane, .02 over to a 2 thou under. Went red second round of Mod, to a .208 package. Awesome. Backed off the tree a little second round of Top after that, which is a mistake any time, but especially footfeeding in the box class. My .056 to a .030, he's dead on zero. Argh.

Nick, great that you got taken care of, and before it went. That would have been bad out there now. I hope you get a break in the weather. We're supposed to race Friday and Sunday this weekend, would love to send you any of the rain the forecast is showing right now.

1258, good luck with the kitchen demo. Keep juggling everything, you can do it.

Fern, glad you got out, sorry for the weather. I've heard good things about Darlington. I was there 20 years ago for a Saturday night test and tune, back when the NASCAR spring race was in town. I had way more fun at the drag strip than the race the next day.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. Just signed paperwork on Saturday for our Home Equity Loan. We won't ever be able to save the money we need, so might as well just do this haha.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Been out of pocket for a few days. Had a little corrective surgery done a week ago and it kicked my a$$. I've never been knocked out before and it wasn't pleasant. Took a few days to get it out of my system. They prescribed NORCO for pain and I couldn't take it. Me and narcotics don't get along well. I'm survivng on Tylonol and my Gel Pak. Poor Woody is bored to death. Luckily my daughter comes over every day to check on me and play with him.
If any of you kids have any surgery you need to get done, don't put if off. The older you get the more it hurts and the longer it takes to recover.
I should be up and about by the end of the week. With the heat the way it's been I would be staying inside anyhow so it's all good.
Y'all have a gooden!
It's so Hot

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning .... how you all... Spent the weekend indoors as it was HOT... Got some paperwork caught up on and that is about it.

Camaroracer, well good for you , demo going good? I've thought about going this but those dollars always scared me....

Chuck , sounded like a pretty good outing....

Floyd , Take care of yourself and thanks for the advise, a point well taken. Woody is just happy to be camping out with you I'm sure...

Have A Great Day Everyone..... It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Last of the perfect weather days, with low humidity and comfortable temps. Moving into some heat and stickiness. Hoping the weather cooperates for this weekend, racing Friday and Sunday, and the track has a show Saturday.

1258, whew, I hope you're able to pay it off! I hate debt. Hate having a mortgage, but there was no way I could save up to pay cash for a house Razz

Floyd, I hope you're feeling better. My mom had her gall bladder out 3 weeks ago, and her first couple of days were bumpy like yours. I'm glad your daughter is around to check in and help with Woody.

Nick, seeing some of the stuff on the interwebz about cooking stuff in cars out there, crazy! I hope the new AC is keeping you comfortable. All the more reason to have some ice cream! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well good evening everybody....thought I'd check in tonight because tomorrow is going to be a wild one. All my fault but too many people take vacations at the same time what the heck they're good families .Yeah I got a long weekend ahead don't have to go to work till Wednesday and I'm leaving tomorrow early so oh my gosh will they ever forgive me...not too much planned for the weekend just a lot of kickback visiting with Friends you know that kind of stuff. Well it's been a little cooler here in the Southwest if you call 105 cool Hahaha

Chuck,have you tried that new oil filter ,hope it fits..I really like the one I got ,it'll tell you in the flash if you got a problem that's the best part.Plus no waste ,no more filters to buy.

Hey Floyd, hope you're feeling better!!! Don't over do it ,take it easy give Woody a pat on the head from me will you...

Fern,you got big racing plans this weekend I hope you do!

Everyone have a great Fourth of July but remember to be safe.... USA

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be hot here too this weekend.

We haven't demo'd yet RED because we are fixing our shower in the bathroom due to some leaking problems that we have to fix first. Actually in both bathrooms. Still trying to figure out the hardwood we want to go with, cabinets, etc.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Been a heckuva week; I'm really looking forward to the weekend, plus we race tonight and Sunday. It's on the 1/4 mile though, meh on that. I'm ready for KRP to move to 1/8 all the time. 9 of our 16 scheduled points races this year are 1/8, since the 2 bracket finals we go to are 1/8. I hope the weather cooperates.

Nick, we're going to be warmer today, mid to high 80s, but humidity is going up close to 70%. I think I'll still take that over 105, dry heat or not. I haven't had a chance to try the filter yet, I will on the upcoming oil change. I really like the piece.

1258, are you doing the work, or a contractor? Either way, man, that's a lot of work. These are the times I'm glad to be single. Big Grin

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern could race if I wasn't to lazy to drive and suffer the heat. 1 kid and 1 grand daughter coming tomorrow. Going to tinker with race car some but no big Drama in the plans. They just don't race in NC like they used to. Everyone have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was good, just sucked on the track. No round wins, not even in the reentry round. Friends were in from out past Toledo, that I hadn't seen in 3 years, so it was good catching up with them on Saturday.

Fern, you making it to Bristol?

You all have a great day, and a great Independence Day!