DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
We are 48* right now and rain and snow in the forecast. All the passes are predicted to be closed for a couple of days with snow down to 1000'. Blue Man

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
80 here at 3pm. And supposed to be warmer tomorrow. And here I am with a stitched up toe and can’t enjoy it. Hang in there Floyd.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING: So, I've been experimenting with some enhanced focus drinks. This time I drank a half bottle of standard strength 5-hour energy.

Are those the 2 oz bottles?

I use the generic store brand (Kroger) in Extra Strength 2 oz for those 1000 mile straight through towing trips and work excellent.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all. Seems we’re having a pretty good storm . We been getting rain often on for A day and a half. Winds Continuous 25 mph gusts going to 50. Got some broken tree damage and at five this morning we heard a crash and somehow the entryway to the house which is gated with the Rod iron and open about 6‘ x 6‘ with a drywall roof and tiled walls had the drywall somehow come crashing down. No moisture getting to the drywall, there must have been a freaky wind that caused a vacuum and down a it come.My neighbor across the street who is a contractor said it happened to him about a year ago, he’s got it on the schedule to repair. Not putting drywall up there probably use tongue and groove wood. What a freaky day. I’m just having so much fun , Fern how you doing with that foot Wish you were here. Ha ha ha ha

Forgot to say got my tax Evaluation for next year already , went up by 30%.That means My taxes will go up at least 26%

Didn't think of that

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick one of my oil leases went up 800 percent. That’s right 800. You guys catching he!! And we having a heat wave. Nick I been in there 3 times and that boy looks rough to me. I go back Friday morning then have a colonoscopy that afternoon. Really my health is pretty good but sure giving me a fit lately. But I still think I am pretty lucky.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING: So, I've been experimenting with some enhanced focus drinks. This time I drank a half bottle of standard strength 5-hour energy.

Are those the 2 oz bottles?

I use the generic store brand (Kroger) in Extra Strength 2 oz for those 1000 mile straight through towing trips and work excellent.

Yes.

I'm not much for caffeine & sugars, but in my older age... I need to have something to help with my focus & concentration. I normally drink the MiO Energy additive with water, but sometimes it's not enough. The half bottle was too much, I have to find a happy medium between the MiO & the 5-hour.

2BKING trying to stay competitive! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern how do I find out if I have oil to lease?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry if you have it they will find you.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening and happy Thursday to all. For a while now, I've had a plan to race my 2005 Dodge ram, since none of my 4 race cars are race ready right now. It was my brothers daily driver/work truck, has 314,000 miles on the odometer and runs pretty darn well. He was quite OCD about routine maintenance on it. The plan is to drive it and log the fuel mileage, as well as run it at some T&T events and some bracket races, and log all pertinent info. As I go forward, I'll be making changes to see what gives me good bang for the buck and offers up improvement vs a waste of money. Things like a simple tune up, cold air inlet, headers, camshaft and more goodies over time.

Went to CPD last weekend to make a few bone stock passes. On my way there, I was considering how good of an idea this may be, racing a 300,000+ mile truck without a trailer to bring me home if it breaks. Sure enough, I broke down as soon as I got to the track entrance,, LOL. Not a mechanical thing, but the TIPM, (fuse box), failed. 2nd time this month. When this happens I lose all exterior lights and ABS fails. There's an easy temp fix for it, which worked so I could get home without issue. I took it as a message from God, to come back another day with the trailer.

I've heard hemi's of this year and others close in year, have camshaft/lifter issues, so I am a little wary of getting hard on this one before I swap the cam/lifters. Hopefully all goes well as I use this truck as my little unscientific test bed.

Hope everyone is having a great week..

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
BTR69
Get your race cars ready and give that old Hemi a rest. It's paid it's dues.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd I hope you and Woody are fine Relaxing

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
woody and I are fine. He's wearing his sweater and quite comfortable.
It's 38* and snowing pretty hard. Real big flakes.
I don't see them getting the NACAR race in.
Blue Man

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon all, Floyd Sounds like you and Woody have it all figured out. brrr that’s cold, That storm’s going to hit us tomorrow, very inconvenient timing as I am dropping in a new windshield. But before I have to do that I had to paint the Rollbar as it was not painted during original build. the Chrome Moly was looking it’s age . Trying to get it done before the storm comes.

You all have a great weekend!

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Saturday. Floyd, I agree, the truck has certainly paid its dues. One of the reasons I'm looking to run it, is to document what "improvements" actually help out vs just spending money. Just a little pet project. I'll likely rebuild the entire drivetrain sometime along the way. It's one of the Daytona edition trucks, so it has a "cool" factor to it, along with being a hand me down from my brother who passed in 2016.

One of the race cars isn't really far from being race ready. Old 68 Camaro Superstocker. It's sat quietly in the trailer since 2016 so I want to go through it and make sure it's ok. Going to have a friend who's far sharper than me help with that. I know some things deteriorate over time even when not used.

I've been working on another for bracket racing & occasional street use. Need to finish up the wiring and put the interior back together on it. Lots of projects around here, not a lot of time to put into them, but I'm optimistic for this year. Mom has Alzheimers, so she's a much higher priority than myself, which has been my biggest hurdle over these past few years. I'll happily sit on the sidelines though if it means keeping her going.

Hope everyone is doing well, healing up and staying warm. Those of y'all that are racing, hope you're turning on plenty of win lights...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice refreshing walk this morning with our Sheppard (Gibbs). This past weather system has left fresh snow low into our valley. Absolutely love the surrounding mountains covered in snow.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I survived all the VA hospital drama but the toe looks bad. Looks like I’ll miss St Patrick’s race at Galot—-car not done and toe a mess. Oh well could be worse. Daughter flew down from Baltimore for 4 days and we got to eat last night with other daughter. May get back out in the country tomorrow if all goes well. You all take care and be careful

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Ain't daughters wonderful?
Mine came over to take me grocery shopping. She takes me about once a week.
It stopped snowing but it'still cold outside.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes they are Floyd. My youngest looks out for all my medical stuff etc. I don't know how she does it, didn't get that organized from me. Came back out here in the country this morning. You just don't know how good it feels to be out of the city and here with no neighbors except for the cows. Don't know how long it will be till I get back to the race car---got orders to stay away from the garage for awhile. 66 here today then in the 70s the rest of the week. Grass is growing and all the flowers are in bloom.....everyone stay safe

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Another refreshing walk this morning with Gibbs. Another smaller weather system came through & dumped some more fresh snow. Guess we are supposed to be getting some more tonight & tomorrow. It's much needed out here in the West.

I got a little work done on the B-Car this morning & will probably do some more this afternoon.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING retired & the wife is retiring at the end of this week! Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
With all the mountain passes closed today it's really going to put the hurt on the annual March Meet in Bakersfield.