DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Hey Red, Brian went back to back in Sonoma. Ryan lost in the final in S/C.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm ready for the weekend. I'm really ready to hit the Powerball, actually. There would be a lot of happy people if we did.

Floyd, going outside might not be so bad at night, depending on how close the neighbors are to you. Big Grin I hope the bathroom work finishes up well.

Nick, it's an instant gratification world, where everyone wants everything easy. FB has an app, while web hosting sites don't. Are you racing soon?

You all have a great day.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all as we head towards the weekend. Hey I promise if I WIN half a Billion in Powerball I will share.... I hope you guys do the same...LOL

Chuck , you are so right about that instant gratification. I'm just not ready to follow or be followed, My friends are real folks that I can easy be reached...Hahaha
Next race is a team event in Tucson , Aug. 26th, Sept.9th in PHX. with a team deal, Sept.16th is a S/ST and Super Pro race, Sept. 23rd night team race then 24th back to PHX morning for the Final team race. After that ET Finals in Vegas first weekend of Oct. and then Super Chevy Oct 12,13,14... That's on the books but I may not chose to race every event, just depends on how much fun I'm having as the race's go.....Hahaha...... when you going out again?

Camaroracer, Got that remodel going good , how's that new job position going?

Floyd , I was thinking 3 bathrooms, sounds like a lot to keep up with. How's my favorite truck doing, hope its not dusty...

Well you all Have A Great Day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. All sewer piping done right now. We moved the sewage lines in the soffet moved back about a foot which won't look so massive now when we rebuild it. I will try to upload some pics. The new position isn't bad. Not as many incoming calls as the last position and I'm understanding how credit card terminals work a lot more. If you don't know I work for a credit card processing company.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Today is Nikki's angelversary, 8 years now. Thinking of her, Ashley, Karen, and Bob.

You all have a great weekend. Go get some ice cream with the good people in your life.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Two bathrooms finished and the third one will be done Monday.
Chuck, my patio is totally enclosed so they gotta climb up on the wall to see in.
Nick, I only use one on a regular basis and I have housekeepers that come every two weeks. These hands don't fit a mop.
The truck is at Marty's warehouse and he starts it up when he has visitors. He keeps it clean. A buddy of mine crashed his dragster so he was selling off some parts. He had a MS D crank trigger for 75 bucks so I got it. What the hey.
Y'all have a gooden. I'll get my office back soon so I can get off this tablet.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are going from Denver to North Platte, NE. to watch the eclipse on Monday. Staying at fellow D5 racer Butch Kleewein's Shop in our rv. Never saw a total solar eclipse and it will be the only I will ever see being 71 yrs. old. Nebraska's population will probably double on Monday. We have the correct glasses for watching. The total time for total eclipse will only be 1 minute and 54 sec. Hope it's worth it. Anyone else traveling to watch the eclipse?

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I could ride an hour and see the full deal but I could care less---seems to me most of us close to it are only finding it an inconvenience.

Anyway getting ready for the 3 day at Rockingham this week end. Anyone that can make it should show up and support this race as Tony Saranceni does one he!! of a job promoting it for us racers.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm not really caring about the solar eclipse either. I'll be working when it happens so something I can't really pay attention to.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Happy hour and pizza with coworkers on Friday, drove out to Beaver Springs to watch Saturday and hang out with my friends, hug the Denikers, and my niece's birthday was yesterday. My eardrums are starting to recover from all the shrieking.

Floyd, there ya go! Nice score on the crank trigger, sorry it came at the expense of a crashed car. What are your plans to race next?

Denny, protect your eyes. My sister and cousin went to Charleston SC to see it. She used to live there, and is staying with friends. I don't have the glasses or a welding helmet, but it might not matter here in Pittsburgh. Forecast is calling for clouds and maybe rain. NASA has a livestream site for it, will probably look at that some.

Fern, I like the races that Tony puts on, very nice deal. It's another one on the list for someday. C'mon, Powerball! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck you got to get over "some day" and just do it while you are alive and able. Don't look back and say "I should have or could have but didn't". Remember I have been to your track so you "come on down". Ferns got a big empty house where you can relax while not racing. I went to Pamona when I was pretty young and just about had to hitch hike back. And remember my friend Jeff Verdis trip to the fling? Weight is what broke the camels back......To hot today to do anything--Period.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. I know I know I need to get pics up of the project. Life is too busy to even take pics. Got sponsorship info for Maple Grove's 12.50 index racing class next year since they need a sponsor for that class. $1250. I would normally say eek, but if I can make on sale out of it, would be worth it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man, I'm tired. 12 inning Pirate game last night, there with my dad, brother, and nephews. I see some sweet tea in my future today. Worst part is, they lost.

Fern, I'm with you, I have the same attitude, especially as I get older. I just have to do it on my budget. I try to strike a balance with everything, racing, family time, other stuff I like to do.

1258, good stuff, busy in a good way. I hope the advertising pays off for you. I think it's a good way to get the business name out there and known.

You all have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am teasing you Chuck but when I see my racing friends dropping like flies it puts a different outlook on things----for instance I have a brother that got real wealthy and as far as I know has not spoke to any of us 5 brothers and 3 sisters in 10-15 years. Someday you wake up and say "Dam, I missed all of that"? this week to travel from CA to SC (coast to coast) to see an eclipse yet not see brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, that were less than 100mi away. I guess what I have done is change priorities. I'll be at Rockingham this weekend---racing Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon ..... Been a little busy to post, and also lazy...LOL
Monday was just another day to me, all the media sure did send some big cash on a 2 minute event. Good for them I saw it on the news at 6,
hate to say it but really did not thrill me. Not like news such as Vegas track going to 4 wide by 2020.... LOL
Or maybe my brother retiring for the third time, Now that real news to me...Hahaha

OMG... all you guy would have had to laugh at me working on the car over this weekend. It took me 6 hours to do 1.5 hours of work. Dang this body is just not keeping up with the things I want to do lately. This weekend I'll see if it paid off, car has been moving side to side out 1,100' out, lost a round because of it at last team in Tucson.

Chuck, That must of been one long night, but when your with good company I was well worth it I'm sure.... When you taking the new ride out again...

Fern, hope you go some rounds and see all your friend this weekend, I feel like that brother of yours has forgotten what real important ,
and its not all that wealth.

Floyd , sounds like your truck is in great hands... Your one lucky guy....And all that bathroom talk had me laughing, I'm easy amused...what a deal on that trigger, but sorry for your friends loss. NO one I know likes to hear about a crash at the track.

Camaroracer, sound like the hard stuff is about done...LOL I know its was just a joke, doing a remodel each new job seems harder... That credit card processing is a huge billion dollar deal , there will be a lot of room to move up.

You Guys have a Great day....

BlahBlah Going to be hot Saturday an easy 101

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got hot here yesterday afternoon. 95 is hot in the Carolinas. Went to dump TWICE, took new tow dolly wheels off, got them balanced and put them back, washed 2 loads of clothes, worked on motor home sewer hoses, and a/c not working right in duelly so workrd on that till 10pm---in a/ced garageBig Grin. Still not figured it out. Got to be sure I am ready for the Rock today so I can go park tomorrow. Cooler today so got to mow grass. You all have a good one.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking at a real nice stretch of weather here, 70s and low humidity. I hope the weather entertainment people got this one right! Big Grin

Fern, I'm with you. Big Grin I hope to race well into my retirement years like you are. I'm racing every points weekend here; I just have to pick and choose where and when I can travel. Sorry to hear about your brother not making the time for family. I hope you get the AC figured out. That's too warm to be without.

Nick, make sure you're not overdoing things out there in that AZ heat. It would take me that long too, just on breaks for water. Big Grin I hope the works pays off, that is scary that car makes a move up top. Suspension adjustment?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... Hump day is here and I'm ready for the weekend NOW!! Just to much work its week and I have a short crew so ....

Chuck, new front tire's, raised the ride height by an inch, scaled car then off to alignment done by a guy who does a lot of door cars here, change some shock settings. Saturday night I will know if it all helped...

Fern , The A/C on my dually could use so help, works great at and idle but cruising not as good. I keep thinking about it when it gets real hot, one of these days I'll look in to it ....LOL..... Maybe this winter

Have A Great day You All.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been on this ac thing all day---got to be something dumb but so far after hours of research I still don't have a clue. But it seems blend door actuator is not getting any signal----might just lock it on cold and change it come winter to heat.....Google aint helping ol Fern

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I went to the Pirate game again last night, with my dad, sister, aunt, and uncle. Awesome game, almost hate to see the Dodgers' Hill lose his shot at history. I'd rather see the W for the Bucs though. Big Grin

Nick, sounds like you have a good handle on it. I hope it drives like a Caddy straight down Broadway for you.

Fern, safe travels to the Rock, good luck, and have fun.