DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Back to winter for a few days, but nothing terrible. And it is February in Pittsburgh, not like isn't supposed to be cold with a little snow.

1258, I hope the interviews go well. Do you go on your own for the real estate business, or sign on with a realty company, or is that the same thing? The wagon really looks good!

Footloose, I am a wagon fan! Post some pics if you can.

Floyd, that's great, almost ready. What weekend is the March Meet?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, first weekend in March. I think 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Had interview. Met with a couple people first, then the Director. She was VERY intense and that's when I think I lost the battle. My presentation for it went well too.

Chuck, I signed up with Keller Williams out here. Obviously plenty of offices but I know a fellow racer who works in the office I did, which is why I went there.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! A little dusting of the white stuff this morning, but the weekend is supposed to be mid 50s again.

Sounds good, Floyd. 2 weeks away, nice. I have 6 weeks, if I even make the first test and tune.

1258, yaneverknow. I've always thought interviews were a big mixed bag, good cop/bad cop, trying to get me to think on my feet while keeping my composure. Good luck!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all. I have a feeling things are going to start looking up and up for me soon. Even if this interview didn't go well, I feel this real estate thing might work out well. If you someone in PA that is looking to to buy/sell in SE PA let me know. Take a look at my site.

http://robertharnsberger.kwrealty.com/

I also have a Facebook page for anyone that does the social media thing.

https://www.facebook.com/robertharnsbergerkw/

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Picked up the hay hauler yesterday. Looking real good. Lang at LP Racing got it done in 2 1/2 weeks. Said it was the fastest turn around they have ever done.
New Chris Alston Fab 9 housing with back brace, narrowed so the tires are now inside the body, Strange 33 spline axles and spool, 125 lb springs, wishbone, wheel tubs, drive shaft loop,
added halo and down bars to complete a 10 point cage and got a 8.50 cert. We are ready to go. Of course Marty had to do a couple of burnouts. Left it at his warehouse so we can put it up on the rack and service it.
Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Since I'm up early and on a roll. Here is what Marty posted on FB about my retirement.

30 years ago, my old man, his buddy Butch, and myself (I was the grunt laborer and fabricator) started a company in a small 4,000 sq ft building with nothing more than the machines down below (which are still running). I left the business long ago and today is the day that my father finally steps away and begins the next relaxing chapter of his life. What a tremendous evolution that company has gone through. I am extremely proud of what you have built and accomplished @floydstaggs. A whole lot of families owe you a great deal of gratitude for giving them the opportunity to work for and with you over the last 50 years in that industry. Time to have some fun! — at US Rubber Recycling.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like today is kicking off a warm stretch, a week or so of 50s. I will finish getting the engine and trans out this weekend, and my trans to my builder on Monday.

1258, go with that feeling. I believe in being positive. Hard work pays off.

Floyd, that's awesome. Do you have feeling of a kid waiting on Christmas now, wanting to make passes on the track? That is a wonderful testament from Marty, love it.

It's that time again. You all have a great weekend.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Chuck, I'm ready. It's been a year and a half since we been on the track. Lang at LPRacing said we are going to be surprised. He said the old rear end was bent up so bad and out of line the truck oughta pick up some 60' time and be a lot easier to drive. Maybe we oughta put it in HR instead of D/G so we can cut it loose.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Gonna launch hard now. Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It launched hard before. Hard enough to bend the old 9". Shouldn't have that problem anymore.
Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Well, it's raining again or still. Do you think our drought is over? As much flooding as we have had and as many lakes and dams overflowing you would think they would cut back the increases we had in our water bill. Not a chance. They give but they don't take away.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Praying hug rainy

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd every month I get a notice that my water isn't up to fed standards but it is OK......BS, I don't use it for anything except flushing the commodes. To top it off I get a bill for $7 with an administrative fee of $15 Eyes I got the old fashioned well that gives us good water Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Got the old Hay Hauler up on the rack over at Martys. Getting the oil and filter changed. It's nice that he has 2 racks, one a 4 post and the other a 2 post. Sure makes it nice. Gotta chance to look underneath and see a little better and see what we paid for. I gotta admit, Lang did a hell of a nice job and really helped us out with the cost. Marty helps him a lot on parts so he paid back in kind. We are race ready. Not going to get to Bakersfield till Thursday due to Martys work schedule so we will probably only get one hit before qualifications. Going to use the old setup from before so we can get in the show and compare some numbers. Would like to turn it up a bit but to see the improvements but there won't be any time this meet. At least we will be able to look at incrementals.
Here is what the underneath looks like. I was curious about how he would mount wishbone, now I know. Good job. Beats the hell out of the panhard bar that constantly was coming loose. That Fab9 housing sure looks cool.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Oh, Lang set it up like he does his 10.5 cars so we probably won't be doing any wheelies. He moved the ladder bars up, we always ran them down, and freed everything up so we get body movement to plant the tires better. He scaled it and set the ride height and squared it up. He said don't screw with it. He's used to heavy cars that go fast. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice long weekend for me. It was great weather here. Out with friends Friday night for beer and pizza, birthday party for my friends' son Saturday, in the garage before then and Sunday. Got the engine and trans out, and took the trans to the shop yesterday. Nice to be out in a tshirt with the sun shining, met my best friend for lunch, took a walk in the park, met friends for dinner. I'm at work to take a rest. Big Grin

Floyd, that's awesome. With the old rear, would it go squirrelly on the launch? I hope you're on the high ground out there. Might be time to look into building an ark.

Fern, Nick, you go racing anywhere this weekend?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
No, Chuck, it would launch straight but it would wander going down track and if I got out of the groove it would spin the tires and the tail would twitch. I had it try to come around more than once.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening one and ALL...Been hiding under a rock, had a week off of work to get caught up at home. Also went out to Tucson Dragway Shootout. Wednesday was TNT and a Run for The Money, this was a laugh as I was just setting up for the next days S/ST race. Never in my life had something like this happened to me. Off the trailer had a .001 then .002 so for fun I put .020 in box and went .021. then took .005 out of the box went .016 The hit for $1000.00 in run for the money was for total package, so I took out .012 for a tight setup dialed 11.12 on the stop. Went .004 on the light and ran a 11.119....OMG... That day was over !!
Next day I was all over the place with my lights. I had the stop working really good , index was 11.15 and was 11.14s in testing... Got a first round win only to sleep .030 be hide round 2 competition , me running closer to the dial. Then entered the Super Pro Warm up race, this race I was on the throttle stop too.. my best light this day was .019 but most in the .030s . So I decided to take .005 out of the box , I was dialed 7.02 in 1/8 race . Went .001 RED and ran it out with a 7.019, other lane was late with .044 running a tenth slow...
So at take point I figure no reason to enter the Big Buck Shootout for $350, or the Showdown for $305 . It felt like the gods were going to teasing me all weekend and was not going to play....LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went to the car show in Greensboro. Wanted to try car but the track had no fuel and neither did I. So much for that

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morni9n Y'all!
Spent some quality time with my son yesterday. We worked on the hay hauler with one of his people helping. Actually doing the work. Got oil and filter changed and put the diaper back on. One of the straps got burnt through from the headers. Marty warehouses and ships Speedpro Products so he pulled a new fuel filter off the shelf and put it on. Nice to have a parts supply right there at our disposal. Speedpro makes fitting, hoses and filters to rival Earls. Nice stuff. Polished the front wheels and we are ready to go.
We have rain coming and going for a few days so I'm just going to leave it there so I don't get it wet bringing it home.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug