DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like any rain in the area will be early, and we should be good to race tonight. I'm hoping. 1 time trial session and go. Hoping to go some rounds.

Fern, I hope you get an engine today, and get it in. I wish I could make Elk Creek next week. Doesn't look like much traveling for me until the fall.

Floyd, I hope you're doing ok today. I feel for you.

Nick, I've been a saver, and now am trying to purge. Stuff for sure piles up! It sure is green here, after all the rain we've had, and now it's been dry most of this week, so everything is growing like crazy.

You all have a great weekend, whatever you're getting into. Ice cream/milkshake time!
Relaxing

What's up with the friday night points race decision for KRP this weekend?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
NC3x58, mixing in Friday nights a couple times this year, like KRP used to do. Program moves nicely.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
9:30 Fri---I have my motor in the back of my truck. Have a wedding Sat and will try to start getting it in Sunday. Just might make Elk creek with my car.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its in there thanks to my friend Howard Day for coming and giving me moral support. Still have to do the up top work, carb, dist, radiator. etc. Hope to fire it tomorrow.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Dropped Fusion off at Meineke this morning after I heard noise coming from the rear after they replaced brakes. Will probably need to put more money into the car now. Ugh. Right before we are about to take out Home Equity Loan.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I was so looking forward to Friday night's race, all day, chomping at the bit. Get back to the pits after my time trial in Modified, and it starts to spit. I look down Route 22 to the west, and you can the rain coming up the road. And it did. Washed us out. Saturday, my niece and her school band played the national anthem before the Pirate game, nice day with my sister and her family, and a birthday party yesterday.

Fern, I hope you get it all buttoned up today. Good luck!

1258, that stinks. Sounds like it has not been a good car for you?

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Has been. Apparently when applying the brakes, the caliper got stuck and kept rubbing against the rotors. Chuck it has been a great car. This just has been the most expensive month ever for the car, otherwise it's been great with 114k miles.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like a nice day today. Hopefully, the Penguins can close out the series with the Senators tonight, and the smack talking with the Lemens can start about the Stanley Cup Finals, since Nashville made it in last night.

1258, glad it's been a good car for you. Sounded like maybe it was a bigger money pit than cars normally are.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Well, I went to the shelter and found me a new pup. He's just under a year old and I haven't trained a pup in a long time. He's got long legs and is skinny as a rail. I'll take care of that. He has latched on to me and doesn't want me out of his site. He's starved for affection.
Since it's getting warm out here I've got to get him used to being alone for a little while. I tried it yesterday and went to the store for about 30 minutes and he wasn't happy. H ecried like a baby when I came home. We'll do it some more everyday.
Meet Woody.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All, Nothing to report here, except its HOT out here in the desert SW eight degrees over the norm.. Its is making me mad as heck as I'm just trying to do a little yard work. Its like I'm still at work having to get up at 4:30 am so I can work in temps below 85.... LOL

Floyd , the puppy is a great looking dog. Having got our last dog as a stray I know it will take some time to get adjusted . You picked out a name for the little one?

Everyone Have A Great day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
Floyd,
Congratulations on the puppy!

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup Floyd. Glad you got another one......I got my motor fired this morning and it sounds pretty good. Now to get everything else done so I can get out of here Thursday morning. Been raining here since yesterday and we are under a flood watch. 3 $10,000 races for $225---How do you beat that? Kevin Pollard is the man.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
3 $10,000 for $225.00 WOW... Can't go wrong with that race. Hope the weather clears, best of luck with that motor.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, his name is Woody.

That's a good pot, Fern. I was going to do the pro at Figspeed West this weekend, 3 races for 285 that paid 3500 each but the new guy is going to keep me home. He's got a lot of adjusting to do being in a home instead of a shelter. That's okay. Marty is landing in Australia about right now so I wouldn't have my crew chief.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Last year at the 3 tens he raised the purse to $13,000 because of the turn out. Greed is not in his blood. We have a few good promoters here in the East. I don't understand why track owners can't do this.....to much work, reputation, what?
Get you some pee pads from Costco Floyd, makes clean up easy.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Now that's a smart promoter, paying out more than advertise. The word of mouth will fill pits this year. Hope you have good luck Fern, should be a great weekend.

Floyd , Woody is a great name for your puppy, he looks like a woody....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Last year at the 3 tens he raised the purse to $13,000 because of the turn out. Greed is not in his blood. We have a few good promoters here in the East. I don't understand why track owners can't do this.....to much work, reputation, what?
Get you some pee pads from Costco Floyd, makes clean up easy.

Thanks Fern but he has a doggy door and I'm taking him out back as often as I can to get him used to where he's supposed to go. So far so good.
Now I just gotta get him used to being alone for a little bit. He don't like it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Senators are taking the Penguins to game 7 tomorrow night, hope the Penguins can get through Anderson. He was a wall last night.

Floyd, Woody is a good looking pup, I hope you and he get along great. That's awesome you are taking in a shelter dog, and giving him a good home.

Nick, still waiting on the dry weather. It keeps getting delivered on the wrong days! Razz You can keep that heat though.

Fern, great to hear you got the engine fired and it's good to go. I wish I could go to Pollard's race, great deal, great racing, great people. I'll be watching for updates.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey wake up! Good Morning All. As Chuck said hump day is here, and I'm happy to see it come and go. The older I get the longer the weeks are and shorter the weekends seems to be...LOL
And another thing why is everyone always sending a bill to pay, enough all ready....DANG

Fern, you all loaded and ready? We will be watching for results, best of luck.

Floyd, Sounds like you got your hands full with Woody .

Chuck, When is the next race you'll be attending?

Have a Great day!! Good Morning

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Never done this before and seen it a zillion times so here goes...
Good morning all!
Prayers for Vic Hobbs our friend and racer.

Barry Polley

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post