DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Floyd, glad you are home and on the mend. Awful lonely around here since you been gone buddy.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good that you are here Floyd--had me worried.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I'm home guys, re-hab was a *****. Improvement is slow but I'll get there.

Glad you're home & back on DRR. Hope your recovery goes well!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
So do I. RE-HAB WAS A BITHCH.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd clapping USA clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. FLOYD!!!! Nice to see you back on here. Best wishes for continued recovery.

Footloose, that's a big rat!

Fern, temps sure did drop, like it saw a state trooper, from 80s to 60s.

Vetman, sorry to hear about your friend. Wow, selling the car has to be hard. I may be selling my 69 Cutlass I've had since '96, and it will be hard to watch it go. Would a swing out bar help you get in and out?

Bob, sorry for the reason you had to cancel racing. LOL at the language difference with the pooch. Maybe DuoLingo has an option for Spanish speaking pups?

Nick, I gotcha on the finals versus stuff at home. How often do you deal with scorpions out there? When my sister was in Sedona, she had a couple in her apartment, and one in her car.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning!

Hope all is well for everyone, especially Floyd!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well made it through the Stumpf race ok but hey Toad1 won on sunday so CONGRATS to my ol friend Jok. Glad to see you back ok Floyd any day we are still suckin air is a good day stay safe everyone and good luck!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 400 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Life is good, and cool! Looks like most racing here is about done for the year and looks like most are turning to no prep, dig or die or other forms of unconventional racing. I did some serious damage to a couple of my toes yesterday. Stubbed them pretty hard, one broke, nail almost off, blood every where. Go back to Dr wend but I see no way to help it but time. I guess this pales compared to Floyds deal but both were caused by our age I think. Clumsy I guess in my case. You all take care especially Floyd.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got in the garage and worked on my car some yesterday afternoon. Add another injury to my list as a wrench slipped off and chopped open one of my fingers pretty good. I had just told myself that if it slipped I would be hurt. I don't listen well. But I got a lot done and will go back today sometime and try to finish it. You get old like me and it takes a lot longer to do the simplest things. But I enjoy it! Floyd hope you are doing good. Weather has been great here, 50s at night and around 70 in the day time with not a cloud in sight. Life is good for ol Fern. You all take care

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon you guys. So glad Floyd it’s OK, but Fern quit tearing yourself up. Dang we all have our bodies getting cut up. I did a good one a few months ago it’s all healed up. Now I got up at 4 AM ran my 4th toe Messed up Bad. The joint closest to the foot itself now bends left and right as well as the original up and down. It’s been five weeks now not too painful but I have that tail taped to the big toe. Only bothers me when I go down to check the tires. Spent the morning replacing top driver side hinge. Doors on the Camaro so dang heavy. The only reason I did it is that the guy at the water box after I do my burn out always comes over and opens and slams the door shut, he thinks it’s not correctly shut oh well. Works good now it’s like it should be.

That’s all I got. You guys have a great day.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Nick I am going to the Dr tomorrow about the one toe. Its black now and like you were saying, it bends the wrong way. Got a lot done today but quit early, tired!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern mine was red but never got a lot of color . I hope I’m not making a mistake by not seeing a doctor but not a lot of pain, so that joint is now a little weird! Haha

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good evening, guys! I'm reading your woes stories & figured I would add my story from this morning. While I fared much better than you guys, it was a little scary.

I was taking my normal morning walk & saw to dogs approaching a chain link fence rapidly. The one stopped the other one cleared it like a white tail deer. Then this 70 lb. dog of some sort lunged at my throat, this was done in one swift motion. Luckly, I side stepped his lunge he turned & came back growling & nipping at my hands. I thought I was out of danger & I was looking for a large rock to club him with. Then he decided to lunge at my throat again. This time the sucker got my best socker kick to the groin. I don't know if it was female or male, but it took some steam out of the dog. Finally, the owner came out & took control of the dog. I told the owner next time the dog nor he was going to fare very well if it happens again. I don't like harming animals, but I will be well prepared if it happens again.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow ! Glad your ok Bob. That was down right nasty !

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm going to avoid the place until I'm better equipped for the situation if it arises again. I've been needing walking aides for years; this finally forced my hand. We have a bunch of coyotes running around also & even occasional mountain lions.

Hope you guys get all mended up!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That little 9mm I carry all the time would have taken care of that situation, quick!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard anything about Mike Hawks? He hasn't even been on FB for a while.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd last I heard from the locals was that he was busy selling stuff on some local site. I went to his house once but he was not there, around but not there.
Hurricane went through here Fri night. Lost electric for about 4 hours in the night. Not much damage.
I am sure glad you are back on here. You take care of your self. Is your dog ok?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Woody is just as happy as a puppy withe 2 peters.
You take care of yourself, too. We aren't getting any younger.