DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

My brother is in Dallas, GA and they've lost power and getting blown away.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd my cousin used to live in Dallas, GA years ago. There was a drag strip there then also.
Wind stopped, sun came out and it hit 82. Wonder we all aren't sick with this kind of temp fluctuation.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
What a night guys... Fingers Cross . what a night

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let’s hope the day goes good

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon, been a bad week. Sure wish this wasn’t happening to us. I wonder where we All can move to next, This please may see some ugly changes in the next couple years. Knowing the left they may think that dragracing should be outlawed as it uses fuel for fun.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe those that benefitted most from the Trump years turned their back on the man....including some of those in his own party. Guess you can lead them to water but you can't make them drink.
Nick with their green deal Drag racing is an easy target.....and poor ol me with all my oil and gas leases. Not good.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sad state of affairs. Harris will be worse than anybody we ever had after she replaces Biden. Only saving grace is we kept the senate.
They are still counting dead peoples and illegal immigrants votes here in California so we are still in flux. A lot of local races have been skewed by these results.
Just started to rain out here. It's not in Vegas so they will get the last divisional in.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd I bet the left has a real scary plan going on. After about 6 to 8 months Joe will resign leaving us with Harris . The left knew this would be the easy way to get her in as it would never happen any other way. The left spent twice as much and had the media and pollsters in their pocket. SO MUCH FOR A FAIR RACE....

Super Angry

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I fear for our country under Biden-Harris. None of their programs look good to me. Gas fracking, coal, oil, 2nd amendment, Trade agreements, immigration, this list goes on forever. Greatest economy in history under Trump + the recovery from the mess Obama left him.....The rich won't be affected much, the poor will be given EVERYTHING, and those of us in the middle will be expected to suck it all up and support it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
It's probably going to be a tumultuous time ahead for conservatives. I really object to their open border policy. Our only salvation is we kept the senate.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Every year out here there is a race called California Airstrip Attack. It's a 1/2 mile standing start side by side drag race. My boy is doing it again in his new Shelby GT 500 and his brother-in-laws in his Dodge Demon. The Demon beat Marty last year in his '08 Shelby. He could only get 153 out of it. This yar he expects to eclipse 160 and beat the Demon. He better. He spent 5 grand on new wheels and tires. But he won't spend the money to put the turbos on the hay hauler. We have the turbos, the headers, a new turbo cam and blow thru carburetor. Just need them installed and the intake and exhaust fabricated. Marty had Steve Morris supply the cam and the carburetor. He sells a lot of stuff to Morris for his engine business.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey all! I keep meaning to make stopping in a regular thing, but life gets in the way. All good here, everyone is healthy. I hope you and your are healthy and safe too.

Fern, wish I had seen that you were in the neighborhood, would have liked to have seen if we could have met up.

Floyd, the Hay Hauler been down the track lately? Are the fires out now?

Nick, you doing ok out there?

I got to race last month. A little carb tuning on the '69 had it running nice at the SBRA bracket finals at Mason Dixon. Made it to the 6th round before I kicked it .007 red, wasted a dead on 2 pass, and my guy was .013 red behind me, and .011 under. Oh well. Tempted to make the haul to the Footbrake Frenzy since Thanksgiving is going to be low key this year.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Chuck--hope you stick your nose in here to see this. My car might be at Piedmont and if I am I'll just be watching. Floyd you got to kick that boy in the butt. Guess my next pass will be at West Palm Beach. Everyone stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin, Chuck. Good to hear from you. No, the Hay Hauler hasn't been out lately. Pretty soon.

Fern, he's a grown man so he's goin to do why he's goin to do. Every time I say I'm thinking of selling it he say's no.

Y'all have a gooden. We are having some real nice weather for a few days.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hitting 30 here tonight. Acre+ of yard and several Oak trees---spent all day taking care of the leaves

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess we all need to come out and play. Piedmont had 534 cars for a $20k door car race and the level of competition was awesome. Just shows the respect racers have for the affordable level of the Loose Rocker races. I expect some modification of the format in the future as they had no buy backs this time. I think we will see more of this and MAYBE get rid of double entries next. Reverse progress. Stay safe everyone, the grim reaper is lurking!!!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Keystone was supposed to have its last day of the 2020 season this past Saturday, but the forecast flipped on us and rained it out. I wanted to make a couple of hits just for kicks. Probably not making it to Piedmont, as much as I'd like to, just have too much to attend to here.

Fern, that was an awesome turnout, happy for Anthony and Michael. I really want to make it to Piedmont some time.

You all stay safe out there.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck my next race will be New Years in West Palm Beach. Won't make Piedmont but the Olds may be there. Good to see you come see us here on DRR once in a while. Gets lonely with Floyd, Nick, And myself keeping this thread going. Have a good turkey day and stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Woody and I have decided to stay home Thanksgiving and just enjoy our prime rib by ourselves. There's just too much sh&t going on out here.
We normally go to my son's and then over to my brothers to see my mom. She's gone now and my brother who still works for the company I retired from and sold a few years back told me they have 6 people sick with the virus and more getting sick all the time. He's fine but he mostly works by himself and doesn't socialize with the other people.
I just don't think it's worth the risk with my respiratory issues and we are kinda used to just the 2 of us.
Y'all have a great holiday and be safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... Happy Holidays ... with Vegas canceled not much going on this week . I'm with Floyd , got me the wife a very large T-bone for thanksgiving . We had a turkey breast last Saturday and again last night..haha we are kind of tried of it ! Been working on the car , its been slowing over the season 10.30s to 10.60s. Found the problem the distributor gear was bronze but the lifters solid flat tappet , so just replacing gear with steel per Comp. Real happy to see Chuck posting, congrats on that runner up good job big guy. Did you get that long text I sent you? Fern good luck at your News Years race , we have a good one down here to The Hangover 3 day race. Just hoping that the county doesn't close it down. Racers here are all masked up and follow all the rules , never see that happening on the east coast.

You ALL Have A Great TURKEY DAY...

GO Cards