DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway today to look at the leaves changing colors. Up about 4-6000ft and it was pretty neat. Not a business, advertisement, nothing for miles. I think we were in at least 3 National parks. We were up there 2 years ago. Glad we went on Fri as every overlook was packed and we went into the town of Blowing Rock and every business was packed---spending that Biden money I guess. No racing so working around house. Us old ****s got to keep busy, right Floyd? Good to hear from you Nick

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fwrn,
That's right. We gotta look after ourselves first but the family will pick up the slack.
I ke4ep my son up to date about my finacial position and he keeps telling me, spend it all. We got your back. I don't lack for anything except it pisses me off to have to spend so much on steak right now. Thanks Joe. Woody's not doing to bad either.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got over a 100 head of cattle out the front door, Ain't worried about no meat Floyd. Watched the Maybe million awhile last night but don't know who won. Nothing going on local. Nice weather so I'll get on with the outside here. People supposed to start cleaning up at WV cabin today. Seems every thing is either wearing out or falling apart. Might have to turn all this property into CASH and sit around and count it. My kids are a blessing to Floyd, youngest is coming tomorrow for about a week. She is learning to fly now so she don't have to drive down here-LOL. Imagine that!

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Your lucky Fern. We don't even have dairies any more.
Went to a local family butcher store yesterday that I had forgotten all about. Got 3 1 1/2" rib eyes for 10.98 a lb. I was glad to get them cause that's 4 bucks a lb cheaper than the store I usually go to.
Wow, a pilot in the family. That could come in handy.

Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd, Fern. I only have to go 5 acres for beef and pork. Neighbor use our property to graze and I’m seeding now cause it’s raining!! Yeah! Problem is my wife has them all named! Confused

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, Barry. Do you ship?
I'm not buying bacon at today's prices but I gotta have my rib eyes.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Neighbors Chad, his cattle and pigs. I just seed to my acres to feed them and when he butchers I put in an order. Drought really screwed up feed so it worked out good for him and I don’t have to mow!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Baqrry,
Put me down for a hind quarter, mostly steaks.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We have lots of those 500ft long chicken houses around here=free chicken chit, slaughter house about 2 mi away, and 500 head of dairy cows about a mile down the road. No pork but supposed to be some wild pigs around but I have never seen any signs of them. Plenty of deer also.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Don't you go shooting Bambi's mother now. Not when you got all that beef and chicken so close.

Well they got the Hot Rod Reunion in just in time. It's raining in Norcal and coming this way. Bakersfield is already getting wet and we are supposed to be getting it very shortly.

Might be time for chili.

Y'all have a gooden. Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Friend tried to go to NHRA deal at Rockingham and his online tech was rejected. Don't know why as it always has passed. I think it drove the nail in NHRAs coffin for him, said he is done. Looks like he and I will try to bracket race at Galot this week. Floyd I tried to watch the reunion but couldn't find it. That deal is supposed to be way cool. VA tomorrow for cortisone shot in the neck I think. I need a whole body shot. Everyone be safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

The reunion was live on Warren Evans Drag Racer TV-you tube. It was a good show. Got to watch my buddy's go out first round. Our group is getting smaller and smaller. We are aging out.

I hate those cortisone shots.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd no shot -- a lot of BS and x rays and 3 hours of my time + 120mi round trip. Left here at 6am and got home at 2. Thank goodness for my daughter. Has to run her business and pilot ground school from here and drive 350mi down here to look after me. More later, to nice outside to be sitting in here.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
My taster is all messed up again since getting the phizer booster.I hop this doesn't linger on like when I had Covid last year.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
D-mn Floyd, what good is that steak if you can't taste it? Got the car loaded just have to get provisions for the motor home and watch the weather. Looks OK Sat and Sun. Every one take care and be safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I can still taste it but I gotta season it a bit more. Coffee seems to be effected more.
Good luck this weekend. The weather really looks good for the Vegas race this weekend. Hope the wind doesn't blow too much.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd I can still win a round, ONE, but I was glad. Lost once late but dead on zero. The next day I lost red but once more dead on zero. Car ran the same ET 2 days in a row.

They had almost 500 cars, 95 JRs about 250 top and the rest foot brake. I was told at the gate NO DOUBLE ENTRIES OF ANY KIND. But eliminations proved different as, supposedly, you could run both classes in the same car no less. I just think they expected less than 200 entries and were overwhelmed by the turn out. It was a well run race with great weather and I got to see so many old friends. I had not seen George Brown in years and there he was. Had a great weekend.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You just have to come down our way more often Fern......We welcome the donations.... Smile Smile

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I was hoping to see a copy of the check but glad you had a good time. Nice to know you got the car figured out.
Get 'em next time.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1800 glad to donate. Its worth every penny to see and visit old friends. Even you!!!! We will be back.

Sorry I disappointed you Floyd