DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spending my time getting ready for WFC at Bristol. I feel for you Nick

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , was just looking at that WFC flyer and looks like a great race!!! Good Luck ,it's going to be a good one.

USA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Howdy Y'all,

Well I'm officially old. My grandson and his wife just made me a great grandpa. I guess it's all downhill from here. I hope it doesn't spread.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been busy catching up with work here, getting ready for WFC, and going to PT. Had to replace one of those columns on the front porch which took a whole day, trimmed some trees, sprayed weed killer on the grass trying to take over the driveway, Took old motor home to get it serviced, picked it up and dropped off the new one. Got race car out of trailer and in garage to change oil etc. Try to do that today as its supposed to be 95. Nice to have AC in garage. WFC is in 2 weeks. Yep you are getting OLD Floyd. Congratulations! Later

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got all that junk out of the way. Had a temp gauge put motor home and they got 2 of the wires reversed so that when I turned on the lights it went straight to the pin. I wasted a day taking out the dash and figuring out that the hot was wired to the ground on the light. Fixed it. Got 2 more days to get ready for the WFC and traffic will be a bear July 4th weekend. Went to a hill billy wedding in WV over the weekend. Serious!!! I won't even try to explain it all but one guy in the wedding party walked down the isle in dirty jeans, cowboy boots, baseball hat on backwards, and a bottle of Bud in his back pocket!!!! I can't make this stuff up and it went down hill from there. BUT it was a fun time. Any one coming to the WFC?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

We just had a little wake me up roller going thru SoCal this morning. Just something to get our attention.

My boy leaves tonight to do some work on his bucket list. Lands in London tomorrow and then he and the gm for the UK office of Turbosmart will be VIP guests of Monster Energy at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend. Then the Porche factory and museum next week and a drive on the Nurburgring in a new AMC they are renting in Germany. They plan on spending the next 7 days seeing as much of Europe as they can. Damn kid didn't even ask his dad if he wanted to go.
Proud of the boy. He's come a long ways even being handicapped by being my son. LOL!
Lookout UK. Staggs boy is going to eat and drink his way across your country.
NahNahTounge

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
How you doin back there? You cashin those big checks yet?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lost 2nd round in 3 races. BUT— I have not seen the buy back lane either. Try once more tomorrow.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Kinda slipped to the bottom of the page.

Quiet and hot around here. Makes lazy days.
Marty is on his way back from a whirlwind tour of Europe. They toured a lot of car venues all over. They weren't allowed to drive on Nurburgring but they did do a high speed ride along. They hit 4 countries and he left from Amsterdam this morning headed home. His bucket list filled a barrel.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been A whirlwind for me, up to WV for a wedding, Bristol for 5 days the next week, 8 hour ride to get a Featherlite trailer, and just rolled in from another 4 days up to WV for a family reunion. I might be be getting wore out.....glad to see you holding down the fort Floyd. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow , just reading your post tried me out Fern....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern Whatcha doin with a new Featherlite trailer? Open I assume.

Marty got home last nite. Called me this morning exhausted like Fern. He did 4 countries in 10 days. 7 airplane rides.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd anyone who flies a lot will tell you it just sucks , I hope it was a great trip for him!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, I use to fly a lot when I was younger for business. I've flown all over the US and been to Europe, the middle east, the far east, mexico and Hawaii. I used to do trade shows all over the country. I got burnt out and quit doin it.
Marty did this trip as a bucket list item and he had a ball. He did no business, all for pleasure.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Da mn lawn tractor put a rod out the side of the motor after I got home yesterday. 5 year old Cub Cadet 20hp Kohler engine. Going to go get another Huskvarna in a little bit. May go to the SFG race at Piedmont with my friend from Baltimore. Got to keep rolling around here. Yes its an open Featherlite w/20ft deck. Makes things easier than hauling this 30ft Pace enclosed. Floyd I worked in 23 countries before I gave up that "profession" and have visited every State except Alaska at some time or other--lived out there with Nick for awhile and spent a year in the LA area in the early 60s. I even raced at Lions back in the day. Ferns had a pretty full life and still trying to write a couple of chapters. You all have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, you're supposed to lift when you shift those tractors. They don't have rev limiters.
I'm kinda looking for a Jimglo tilt trailer, made in AZ but I don't want to pay new price. Used ones are few and far between.
Damn, I was at lions in the early 60's but I was scared of that track. That light pole just off the starting line in the right lane got to close to me for my liking. I did all the rest though, San Fernando, Old San Gabriel, Irwindale, Pomoma, old Fontana, Bakersfield and a lot of streets.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, traveling for fun is a lot easier than doing it for work , that's for sure. Sorry I assumed your son was traveling for business. Between September 2003 and January 2019 I flew 1525 trips for work. I'm done now and the only way I'll fly is for a vacation overseas ….LOL Being down here in southern AZ. I'll keep my I open for that trailer.

It's so Hot

Fern, I sure do like reading about your travels, thanks for posting your trips here....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Friends got here from Baltimore last night....Guess we will go to the track tonight. Yard looks like a camp ground. Got to get breakfast-----

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, damn, that's a hundred trips a year, almost two a week. Last one I did was to Saudi and stayed there for a month. I said no more after that. They tried to get me to go to India and back to Saudi again. I said no. I didn't even do local flights the last few years before I retired.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spent last 4 days at the SFG race at Piedmont. It was brutal hot but track worked well and our boy got down to 4 today + did good in the 50k on Sat. The track tolerated me in the tower for a lot of the time and Kyle even brought me a Burger king Whopper 2 days in a row...You don't know how good being treated good makes an old guy feel. Thanks to Kyle of SFG and the Piedmont staff for making a hot few days enjoyable. It was a good well run race. Nick they are coming your way and you should make your presence known. Hope you guys out West support this because its the only way to get them to come back----Payouts guaranteed!!!