DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
45 this morning and going up to 70. Love it. Supposed to go over to the Fling but don't know when friend is going to get here as he is always late. Nick at this age I enjoy every day. We are getting ready for another 2 week adventure Oct 12 to areas where Covid hasn't shut everything down. Everyone stay safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY FERN !! That's great weather, news here just said we will stay in high 90s and dry till mid December . hope you make it to the Fling, I may go to the fling in Vegas , only to watch . This race has become way to expensive for my racing budget.. be safe this weekend....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Nick, expensive and for those that can miss work for weeks at a time. Glad I got over it long ago

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
I don't think they are doing a Vegas Fling this year.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Vegas Fling is next week at Bristol. They claim they are trying to get something worked out for you west coast people --- before you burn up or fall in the ocean

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, are you going to Bristol too?

If we fell into the ocean at least it would put the fires out and stop the virus.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Vegas Fling is next week at Bristol. They claim they are trying to get something worked out for you west coast people --- before you burn up or fall in the ocean

HMMMM Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
Did you make it to Galot? I heard they are down for the day for rain.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went yesterday Floyd---Just to show you its not always the rich and famous that win these things a good ol boy from West Virginia won last night. 2 door cars in the final. My boy was done round 3. Dam I had a lot of friends over there. Rained out today so I came home but may go back tomorrow morning. Rained here all day and I didn't do squat----later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
How much of a drive is it for you?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
about 50mi Still pretty wet out here

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You're right next door. Hope the weather gets better for you guys.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

Did you go back? They had some real tight racing.. Glad to see a door car take it.
Do you know if there was a split or did winner take all?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad I went. Knew the winner since they were little kids and their uncle lived close to the shop. Funny thing he had a deal with Thursday’s winner and got $1500 of that. So they had a good weekend. Glad I went and the normal winners got shut out.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Was there a split or not? I heard they were talking about it at 8 cars. I was hoping there would be at least one hold out so there could be one big winner. Runner up paid pretty good by itself.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
If they can get 475 entries next week at Bristol there will be a 1 million pay out.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd still only one race that has paid the million they advertise. I think they said $375,000 so not even a 1/2 million. I been watching off and on and its for the most part a pretty rough crowd there. Young guns put it on the has beens. It was close but looked to me like Gage Burch out drove Peter at the stripe.....Little chilly up there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I watched most of it today and it was a hell of race. Scotty Richardson took the win but he also said the split was in before the final.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd the Galot winner got home with $44,000 after all the deals were done. He starts dealing at the first round or a cup of water before. Didn’t go to Bristol as they own a paving company and had work on top of work to do. Smart.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good Mornin, y'all,

We've slipped almost off the first page. I guess everybody was watching the million dollar race and didn't have time to comment.
Hell of a race.
H3ll of a race and a great out come. Those boys were serious.
Y'all have a gooden. Woody and I are going for a ride. It's cooled back down a little.