DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So I get rid of one Smart car and the a/c starts acting up in one of the ones I kept. Good to see Joe Foley win last night at Bristol said it was a good day as his Dad had his best run ever in the top fuel car at Indy. Nick Hastings never ceases to amaze me. Wins $100K on Sat and is in the final the next day--Amazing. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rumor was Floyd would be home today----anyone hear anything? Come in Chuck

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
5 more days, no Floyd? I am in Charleston, WV for a couple of days. Touring

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey all ! Happy Friday to you all. Still no word from Floyd yet. Last team race tomorrow night ! Should be cool night by the time we hit the track at 7pm around 87 degrees. You all have a great weekend!

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was at the Rock&Roll hall of fame in Cleveland yesterday. WOW! Still no Floyd?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another 4 days, no Floyd. Read somewhere that he was home but no sign of him here. Got home from Ohio last night, resting today but got a lot to do. Used to be a lot of folks on here and I wonder why they have left. Even Mike Hawks who started this thread years ago don't come by.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Two guesses as to why many have left I have been called many things by clueless 1290 and am sick of all the political B.S. thats on the general page instead of the political page-rant over have a good day

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Vetman knows, The political stuff is pretty boring, I’d rather hear about what’s going on in the bracket world. As for Ed I take him with a grain of salt.

Fern what are you got going on as far as Racing?

Chuck, wish you could send all that rain down this way. You got a race coming up?

Last team race lost third round As my competition when trip zip and I was 008 red. We both ended up running our number. Finish this season number 19 out of 50 sign ups. And I missed one race as my converter was out it A1 in Seattle.

You guys have a great day.

Make my shake chocolate please!

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hope I haven't ran off anyone. My car is still in the air as I am putting in a new converter. Guess I am old and slow. Been touring some as its just been to hot to go racing. Might find me anywhere. Might get motivated any time but everywhere I look there is something to do. Couple of my friends did good at the SFG deal in Darlington, Blaine Parrish and Shawn Carpenter were both in finals. Both good guys. I'll get going soon I hope. Ignore what you don't like and come on in, us old ****s need some company now and then

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course it’s 1320racer’s fault that this thread is dead. Wrong

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LOL! This thread isn't dead, it's doing very well without the drama views/posts. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2508 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Been a whirlwind the last 3 weeks. Mom fell, was in ICU for a week, a regular room for a week, and is now in a rehab facility. Doing well, thankfully. In the middle of that, dad caught a mild case of covid, kicked it out pretty quick and is back to normal.

I messaged Marty last week to see how Floyd is, and he said he is home and happy.

Nick, if you're gonna lose, might as well get whacked doing it. Did you qualify for team finals out there? Are they in Vegas?

Vetman, I get what you're saying, but we rarely get that kind of thing in here. Feel free to stop by any time and say howdy.

Bracket finals were last week. I went 3 rounds in the box gambler Friday, and 4 rounds in the main event Saturday. I missed the tree to the eventual winner, Jeff Kerl. Good time, good weather, Team Keystone finished second. 2 more race weekends left for me for the season.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Relaxing Evening all,Chuck hope your mom has a Quick recovery . Also glad your dad kicked it fast and is good health now.

Great to hear Floyd is at home , we all miss his post!

I Qualified for ET finals but decided not to go, got way to much going on at the house, plus been putting a lot of time at my work.

You all have a great weekend!

Still hot here so make my shake tall and chocolate!

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
J17red do you have those big lizards where you live? Iguanas and such> Geckos etc . Here in Alabama we have medium size lizards and huge Rattle snakes,copper heads and cotton mouths.some armadillos. And a big Nutria rat. almost the size of a cat. Some people eat them. Not me. Razz

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to see so many on here for a change. Chuck looks like you were at least noticed at the finals. Several around here going to IHRA deal at Holly Springs. I am still getting straightened out after trip to Rock&Roll hall of fame. My race car is still apart and I have no idea when I will get back out. Temp here dropped 20 degrees in 1 hour yesterday and supposed to be cool all day. NICE! Sure would like to here from Floyd. Later

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Another weekend and another race to cancel because I have another funeral to attend.

I'm formally asking all my friends and family to please stop dying.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Heading out today to Cedar Falls Raceway for the Terry Stumph memorial race gonna be a tough one as Terry was a very good friend and it maybe the last race in my vette. Sold it after 32 years just getting to hard to get in and out of for my old a-s lol oh well life goes on have a good day guys!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all ! Footloose got lots of lizards, some a foot long , we have bobcats and coyotes . But the most animals in my backyard which is about an acre is ground squirrels very small variety but 8 inches long maybe longer with a tail. They love my yard because it looks like a desert and is protected by most prey except the Hawks which come in and get one or two a week of the Ground squirrels.We see a rattlesnake once in a while maybe three times a year, the most the animals know how to outsmart them. It’s funny the way the animals including birds will let on to where the snakes are is it go through the yard. The wildlife do a little dance and squawk a bunch it’s kind of funny.

You all have a great weekend and then if you racing Good luck

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We got a dog rescued from Tijuana, so I guess I have to learn more Spanish. Five year old female
AKC registered mutt. The guess is that she is a Shnozzoodle (Shnozzer and Poodle) mix that was never house broken, cute little critter that lived on the streets, unfortunately she craps a lot . So far we are about $1,000 in Vet and medication bills after paying $200 for her. Good deal, great companion worth every penny.

One problem is that she thinks she can drive the car. Every time I get in the Roadster she hogs the driver's seat. I'm getting tied of telling her she can't drive since she doesn't have a NHRA license (it may be that "Spanish" thing). Any help in explaining this to her in Spanish would be appreciated.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm home guys, re-hab was a *****. Improvement is slow but I'll get there.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post