DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You all got it rough out there. Worst we got is they raised the fuel tax 2 cents a gallon. Was cold a few days, no snow, no floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. Life is good. Still got a lot of race tracks and even when its cold the sun shines. My property assessment went up $60,000 but since I fall under the homestead deal it don't matter as I pay no property tax. Now eggs, milk, bread, groceries, thats another story. You all have a good day and hug your race car!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted]
I used to pay $1.00 per thousand, now its right at $8.00.

That is cheap down here in souther AZ last month I paid $78.45 for 4,900 !

Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Holy shirttails, Nick.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My water isn't terrible. I get a 20% CARE discount on water, gas and electric. But even with the 20% my gas bill will be 360.00 this month.
It is what it is. Woody and I don't like to be cold. Blue Man

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
The home here in the desert SW is 1,900 square feet and is all electric, NO gas. That power bill is average’s $140 per month . The water bill is split up in three parts the water , fee’s and tax’s and sewer fee . That bill averages between $110 and $140, which is still reasonable for me and the wife. I’m on an acre with all desert landscaping and NO pool. 10 years ago it was half that, but what are you going to do.

Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cold, rain, just nasty outside. Started the race car yesterday and discovered a crack in one of the headers--I'll try to weld it I guess. Everything was supposed to be new in this car this year and nothing has been replaced yet so I'll start the year with a bunch of patched up old stuff I guess. Got new shift control timer yesterday, got new transmission, converter, etc but no engine or headers--waiting! Put new tires on my F-150 and the Smart car Friday, $2000, so now we have a smooth ride. Life is good---get well Chris

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well with everyone!

We've been busy being electricians in the shop replacing the existing 110 service with 220. My brother-in-law is the electrician, I'm in the way!

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been working on my mig welder all day. Guess its old and tired like me. That thing runs fine as frogs hair then wire wads up for no good reason that I can find. At least its warm. Maybe I'll see if I can wire up this new shifter timer. See how bad I can mess that up. At least it is warm. You all have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
I know you tried cleaning the tip. I use to have a wire brush I got at the welding store that cleaned the tip.

We finally got a respit from the rain but it's supposed to come back this weekend. Woody is getting web feet just from going out to pee.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Warm is gone. I have had no luck working on shifter other than to smoke the solenoid. No luck at that either. Got VA appointment tomorrow so I quit for now. Guess I need to try to sell this extra Smart car. Floyd I bought some new tips, no luck. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing with a electric shifter. I switched to PPP air shifter. Never fails. I get the tanks filled at the local paint ball store.

Maybe the tips are wrong size for the wire.

The wire brush I was referring to is for removing the slag.

I just fired up the mini truck and it still runs great after it warms up. I'm going to have to get some 110 to run through it. It loves 110.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fern, I had the same problem with my Lincoln, as long as I held the cable straight and taut it would be fine. If I relaxed or turned the cable at all it would ball up the wire at the pulleys. I found a small kink in the liner that was catching the wire. I didnt have a new steel liner at the time so I put the teflon liner in it to finish up. You might check the liner, just a thought.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Hope all is well with everyone!

We've been busy being electricians in the shop replacing the existing 110 service with 220. My brother-in-law is the electrician, I'm in the way!

2BKING Big Grin

Again...hope all is well with everyone!

The electrical work is all done for now, until I build storage for the trailer.

The seasons points openers are this weekend, testing on Fri. I need to break-in a new supercharger belt on Fri.

2BKING take care all!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. I've been meaning to get in here, but it's been pretty non stop all month. I took the race car to my buddy's place, and we pulled the transmission. We tore it down, found some worn clutches and hot spots on steels. All back together now, converter will be back from BTE in a week or 2. We're pulling the engine this weekend. I bought the car as is in 2017, and aside from 2020 when I didn't run the car, I've double classed/double entered it just about every weekend. I'll change to Edelbrock heads, but hope the only other changes needed are rings, bearings, and gaskets. And I'll need a new set of Pro Bracket radials before the season starts in April.

Floyd and Bob, hope you're good out there, looked like a long spell of a lot of rain.

Fern, good luck on the welder.

B, good luck with the new belt and the points weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I be liking them M/T Pro Bracket Radials, although the light & standard weight Hoosiers are no slouch. Although this last set of Hoosiers are leakers/empties! Wink

2BKING is a happy camper!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Howdy y'all,

I watched a lot of Barret Jackson yesterday and today. Prices were totally insane or the booze was flowing freely.
Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm sure both!

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Cold and rainy morhing. Perfect for mendo from a local meaican drive rgough.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am on the soup to Floyd. Had the VA last week. Been cold here, and raining. You all say safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

We've had sunshine the last couple of days but the rain is supposed to come back on Saturday.

Marty is down under this week and he said it is hot and very humid. New Zealand is having thunder storms and flooding and it's affecting the weather in Sydney.

Y'all have a gooden.