DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on back Floyd. That VW powered ride was impressive. In my early life I was part owner of a VW garage. We had a bug race car with a Porsche engine that was pretty fast but nothing like that. Everything is good here. Fuel prices continue to rise here

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My son's first car was a bug. We had a VW powered dune buggy that he learned how to work on. He continued to speed up his bug till he got into the wall at Pomona and totaled it. We did save the turbo motor and it was upward on onward. He had a side line of building turbo vw's. That's how he got involved with Turbosmart. I don't remember how many he built, from mild to wild. I shipped his motors all over the world for him. Somewhere I have a picture of a twin turbo VW he built.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
This is one of Marty's VW's.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not mine but somewhere around here I have a picture of a friends Carmin Ghia with a twin turboed Olds engine in it. Chuck may remember it as he ran some at that track he announces at. He!! I ran a turbo Corvair in NHRA stock back in the day and did pretty well with it. Those were the days.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, Yeah those were the days. I really miss that roadster.
We also had a little dragster with a turbo VW in Super Comp. We had to slow it down a little.
We were in the lanes at Pomona one year and John Force came walking by to his daughters car when she was running S/C. He took about 2 steps past us and stopped, turned around and said what the hell is that? He laughed and said good luck. We promptly went out and blew a pushrod tube off putting oil beneath the slicks and put it right into the sand. The announcer had a ball with that one. He said right where the dune buggy belongs, in the sand. LOL.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Seems like we keep losing people here. Mike Hawks who started this hardly ever comes by, Chuck comes once in awhile, Nick is here often, and a few others but us old f arts like hearing from others now and then. Not much happening here as we had rain for 3 weekend days. Loose Rocker had to cancel. Watched some of the Ohio race. Replaced a solenoid on my motor home air horn. Took 1/2 a day as they couldn't have put it in a more difficult place. My big enclosed trailer hadn't been moved in 2 years so I aired up all 6 tires, hooked it up and took it for a ride. Just boredom here. Everyone be safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Fern,

I blocked Ed and that Mike Reinfrow fella so I don't see as much junk.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm going to take Woody out for a birthday breakfast. He tuned 6 yesterday.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey all! The weather had me staying inside lately, it’s hot out here in in the desert SW.

Fern you need to get to the track soon, that Olds need some exercise…haha

Floyd , hope you had a great birthday dinner and a Cruise with your house mate!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd glad you stayed around.Kiss Woody on the head for me.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Right Nick, I backed it out of the trailer yesterday---

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! I hope everyone is at least hanging in there or better.

Floyd, my first car was a '71 Super Beetle. Not that I've owned a lot of cars, but it was the worst one of the bunch.

Fern, it's been a long time since I've seen the twin turbo'd 455 Karman Ghia. He is from WV, isn't he? I can't remember his name at the moment.

I had a first for me last week. I lost to my own car. My buddy's boy is waiting on his engine to be finished, so he's running my 69 Cutlass in our points program. I run 2 classes, so I was pitted on the other side of the track. I come around the bend in the staging lanes, and we're both second in each lane side to side. I turned it red, wasn't trying to push it. And Josh goes 43 green, 42 under, to my 8 thou under. D'oh!!! Keystone had 2 $7500 to win races yesterday. Disappointing that they didn't draw more cars. It was supposed to be Saturday and Sunday, but the weather forecast for today forced the move. I was driving pretty well, got a little too aggressive 4th round, needed a whomp whomp instead of a whomp and stomp, gave it up .004. Put it dead on zero first round of the second race, but missed the hit, .008 at the stripe. Won in the buy back, but turned it red second round, wasting a dead on 3 pass to the same guy I lost to in the first race. Looking forward to this coming weekend, hopefully I'm still seeing it as well as I have been.

Nick, don't melt out there!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You doin good Chuck. That Turbo guys last name is Heinze from Fairmont WV. That bunch has some history. Your olds tuned right on a 1/2 decent track will repeat, so you just drive it knowing it will run dead on something. Around here I hardly ever change my dial in. Was the same in FL but loses .20 up at Bristol usually. I am just lazy I guess, close tracks aren't running much on the bracket side but I'll go when I feel like it. Need to get a new converter. Got Motor home serviced last week so I am ready to go. Everyone be safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
In your 81 years how many mass shootings have you been involved in?
In my 80 years I've never been involved in one either. And I used to have a .22 in the rack in the back window of my pickup. Of course I had 2 parents and went to church on Sundays.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd I have dodged a lot of bullets in my day. Twice I didn’t duck quick enough. I am in Durham right now doing VA medical stuff and they had a running gun battle 2 blocks from here 2 days ag o in broad daylight. 1 dead shooters gone.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern. I wasn't actually being serious in that post. I was only pointing out that times have changed and we haven't.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fern, I love this car. I just need to not let it down and park it in the winner's circle soon. Terry Heinze? I have some video somewhere along the line, but I don't think I saw too many clean passes from it. I think the last time I saw it, he was running without the front clip on the Karman Ghia. Gotta be about 15 years or so ago now.

Floyd, times sure have changed. My heart breaks for the people in Buffalo and Uvalde.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

56 years ago the delight of my life was brought into this world. I can't believe Marty is 56 years old. But he is. He makes me prouder of him everyday.

Y'all have a gooden!
Happy Birthday

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How about that Floyd. My oldest is also 56

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
It stands to reason. We're pretty damn close in age.
Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I guess. I been kind of under the weather here lately. Seems some sort of summer cold is going around here and I got a goo dose of it. Had a fever, cough, headache, etc. Woke up ne night sweating like a pig and after that no more fever but the cough hangs on. VA gave me a Covid test, negative, but anyway still feel like sh it. But guess what--life goes on. I got in the trailer yesterday and started the race car and let it run for awhile. Felt good! Its just to hot to do anything but life goes on. Everyone stay safe! By the way Floyd thanks for celebrating my kids birthday all these years even if you didn't know. 4th of July!