DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Where do I start? Blew out a trailer tire about 100 miles down the road and found out my bottle jack wouldn't lift the trailer. Got a service call and followed him th the tire shop and got 4 new tires. If one's goin to blow, the others will follow. Got to Speedworld after 8 hours. Pulling into the pits I was dodging a light pole and tagged the awning of a big rig with my trailer corner. Broke his strut and dented my trailer. Made the first qualifier and was slow. Tuned it up and went for the second qualifier. Let go of the button, went about 60', Pow! The rear end let go. I hope it's just the ring and pinion.
All and all it wasn't one of my better weekends. Cause of the weather they got it all in in one day. Terrible car count. I was a good spectator though.
Oh, in getting tires changed on the trailer that little safety pin for the trailer brakes got pulled. I drove the last 250 miles with the trailer brakes dragging. Maybe I better take up golf.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone,Floyd sorry for your bad day,sounds like one my adventures,hope you're home safe and sound,and hope it's just something simple in the rearend...............

Hope ya'lls sunday is a good one,me I'm in and down for the count,nascar and thunderstorms and b-ball,prayers to you all my friends.................. Praying hug.....................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd;

Wow, Like Mike, that sure sounds like one of our advertures. I am convinced that I ain't smart enough to be drag racing, but, I'am too stupid to quit. Well, if nothing else, I make life for the guy in the other lane easier.

Headed up to the VA at San Antonio tomorrow. Have a CT Scan on Tuesday, and find out what happens next on Wednesday. If we get out of there early enough on Wednesday, we will leave for Denver then. else, we will leave on Thursday morning. I want to spend only one night in a motel. Trying to save a few bucks. hopefully, the VA won't throw me a curve.

So, anyway, hope everyone is well and having a grand time doing their thing.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi Y'all!
I got home okay this afternoon. Spent some time with my grandkids in AZ before I headed out.
Got an unusual treat coming home. Drove through a snowstorm between Beumont and Yucaipa. It was coming down hard. First time for this california boy.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
We are about to get some rain for the next couple of days here. We could use it, but not as much as we are going to get.
Well, it's Monday again. Time for work.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone,got a great day planned me and Mom are going to keep her great granddaughter,so that makes me a great uncle Big Grin I knowed if I waited long enough I'd get the right title,Great Uncle Mike,sounds good to me............. Tongue...............................

Floyd glad you got home safely and got to see the grandbabies,hope the hayhauler is a easy fix for ya.................................

Mouse it's been raining here like krazy lately,that means only one thing lawn mowing...................... Banging Head.......................................................

Chuck,Michelle,Susie,Nicole,WAO,Christine,Christina,Andy,Lurkers,and anyone I forgot(sorry)has a good week and that all is good............................ hug...............................

Ken,I hope all goes good at the VA and that you have a good spring............................................

Prayers all around and ya'll have a fine day....................... Praying hug Wave...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was a beautiful weekend here, hope you all had a great one. Friends of mine had a party Saturday, mini racers get together in the middle of it. Got some sad news... a young man, 36, who raced occasionally with a 9 second Road Runner, passed away last week. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

Man, Floyd, you got all the work this weekend, and none of the fun. Glad you got to see the grandkids, I hope that made the trip worthwhile. First time being in a snowstorm while driving?

Ken, I hope you get a good medical report this week.

Mouse, when is your opening day? How close is the S10 to being ready?

Hi Mike! Wave My Uncle Larry likes to correct my nieces and nephews, that he's not simply Uncle Larry, but he's the GREAT Uncle Larry. Wear your title well, my friend. Big Grin

I didn't see any of the hoops this weekend, but my sister in law has the bragging rights... she is a Lehigh grad, while my brother is a Duke grad. I don't know yet if there were any bets on it. Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's cold out here in SoCal. At least it's dry. I had enough bad weather coming home yesterday to last me all year.
Yeah Chuck, that was my first drive in a snow storm. It was actually kind of cool. It was coming down like crazy and the wind was blowin pretty hard. It wasn't dangerous or anything, just way different for my part of SoCal. It only lasted about 15 miles then got into heavy rain for the next 50 miles.
Like I said Mike, I( hope it's just the ring and pinion. I have a spare. Ironic part is I had a spare 3rd member and somebody needed it so I sold it to them. Sold it too cheap too.
It was good seeing my kids and I still had fun. One thing about racing is stuff will break no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of it. It was funny, ran into an old friend Saturday morning and we were talking about how he told me years ago as long as I stayed with footbraking I wouldn't have many problems. Told him I put in the trans brake 4 or 5 years ago and everything had been fine. Guess we shouldn't have talked about it.
Y'all have a gooden, I've got laundry to do and de trash the tow truck and trailer. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
We have flood warnings pretty much for all of Eastern Oklahoma today. It started raining yesterday about noon, and hasn't stopped yet. It's suppose to taper of this evening, but then start again tomorrow.
Chuck, the motor is together, I just have to put the timing chain cover, and the oil pan on. Our season starts on the 31st. I'll have it in and fired up this weekend, do a couple of dry hops in the driveway, and then go racing the following weekend. Nothing like cutting it close.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,stay safe out there Mouse,that sounds like a lot of water at one time,hope everything will be ok.......................................

A little under the weather here,having a rough time with my blood sugars the last few days,changing seasons always seem to throw me curve balls,we'll get though it,but it sure messes up getting anything done............................ Banging Head...................................

Prayers out to you all my friends and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.............................. Praying Wave...................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Thanks to each of you for the prayers & support, hopefully life is making a small upward swing..just praying it's the real thing, life's up's & down's are rough on all of us.

Wow, Floyd is about all I can think to say, glad you got to drive in a snow storm...one of my fav life moments, use to love it when the really big flakes would fly at the windshield at night, coming straight to you, I would always get lost in them...I show that feeling to the kids every chance I get. Speaking of, they only missed one day of school so they are getting out like May 11th!!! 3 months of summer vacation, like we use to get...fun stuff!
Hope all goes well & you get a great report Ken at the VA, my Dad had to get up early & head to the VA this morning-just for a check up, get his migraine meds, etc..
Got to make a couple of passes at the Creek Sat, after getting the car back together, engine, carbs, disc brakes, Rick built new trans & chg'd a lot of wiring. The bottom fell out as we were pulling on to the track first time but the staff at Elk Creek waited for the rain to pass & dryed the track, awesome effort for a test n tune and those of us who made the haul there & we at least got to make sure everything worked.
Watch those floods Dennis, feel better Mike, and Chuck, bball...what's that??? lol

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy spring! It's coming in real nice today, sun is out, on the way to the upper 70s. I just hope spring isn't all reversed, and comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion.

Floyd, I've never towed, so that would be a white knuckle drive for me. I do kinda like driving in a snowstorm, but that's in the daily beater. Heck, when I'm the passenger and my junk is on a buddy's trailer, I don't want any rain. You're right about stuff breaking.

I hope you're on the high ground, Mouse. Might want to get the cover and pan on just in case. Big Grin I can ocmpletely relate to cutting it close.

Hi Mike! Wave If you're not going to hit the curve, lean into one, and take your base. Big Grin

Michelle, how did the Camaro run? Were you able to make a full pull, or were you sticking with shakedown hits? Come footin'!!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,get to play Great Uncle Mike again today,wish I could spell her name,but it's sound something like this,and she is one beautiful little girl,Madoria,she's loves to ride the gator with me and sits and looks at pictures in books so good,and lets me read to her,she's really cool....................... hug.................................oh yea she's a yr.old and did I say she was beautiful..................... Big Grin.....................................

Mouse I hope you're just late for work and not treading water, Praying..................................

Michelle,Rick and Kids,ya'll hang in and we're still praying for ya'll,sometimes it's darkest right before light.............. Praying........................................

Chuck,I reckon I must to have leaned in to far,this mornings sugar levels were better,just got to get over my near overdose of meds. yesterday,I'm telling you it's bad when you take the wrong meds. even when they are marked,folks that has never had the experience with diabeties just can't know how messed up it can be,this morning I have notes telling me which ones to take,seems every spring and fall my changing season sugars give me more and more trouble,I think that pitch got into the old noodle............. Hum Eyes Tongue..................................................

Well ya'll have a great day I'm going to go and play Great Uncle,and prayers to you all..................................... Praying hug Wave..............................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! It's also an old friend's birthday.... happy birthday Julie, wherever you are. hug

Hi Mike! Wave Good stuff, love reading to my nieces and nephews, especially as they get old enough to catch me if I start using the wrong names or describe the wrong color on purpose. It's amazing how many chemical reactions have to happen to keep us right every day, and that's before medications.

I hope you all have a great day out there.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Mike, yes I was late for work. We had some thunder storms roll through yesterday morning and knocked our power out. The flooding problems are pretty much over for around here now.
We might get a little more rain and a couple of storms here again today, but nothing to cause anymore problems.
I've got a busy weekend ahead of myself. The engine for the S10 is complete, so I have to get it put back in and fired up. Racing season starts next weekend for us. I'm so ready to go racing.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Morning all;

Well, on our way to see our Grandaughter Kylie's and her folks. Gonna surprise her picking her up at school.

The VA went well. No problems, so I am back on the chemo. Pills this time, so I am on a three week cycle. Means I have to go to the VA every three weeks instead of every other week. Works for me. Now to see how well I tolerate this new chemo.

Get to visit the car on Friday, and maybe bring it home to Kylie's house for some work before we tow it back to Rockport and some serious work.

Hope everyone is having a grand day, and that tomorrow is also good.

Mike. Of course you can call Ol' what's her name .....Ol' what's her name. I got real lucky when she tricked me into marrying her. She is one hell of a woman, and pretty much tolerates me (most of the time). Friends call her my "Garage Gal"

Ken Gasbarri

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another nice one out there today, sunny and high 70s. It's my Friday, woo hoo. Time to get some work done and get ready for the season that's 3 weeks away.

Mouse, I hope you have a great year to make up for your limited action from last year.

Ken, I truly hope you meant "marrying her" instead of "marring her"!! Big difference! Laughing I hope the new chemo helps you out and you beat that thing.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All:

I hope that all of you have a great day and a safe weekend of racing.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Mouse the reason I figured you was late for work,was you did'nt post,you alway beat me getting in,so I hoped it was over slept instead of the flooding,this pretty weather sure makes you want to get ready to hear some open headers and smell some smoke................. Car..........................................

Ken so good to hear of a good marring or marrying, Big Grin.....goodens are hard to come by,and it's good to hear about your new treatment plan,hope it works good for you,and grandkids are the best,me helping the last few days with my sisters grandchild,makes me feel alittle like a grandpa,I asked Mannie if he was going to have me some little Mannie's one of these days,and he said do I have to like girls to be a daddy, EyesI said it would help,he's only 10 so we'll be having that talk before long,the guys at school will probably fill him in before I get the chance to do it,but hey maybe he will enlighten me,his most famous saying since he was a little boy was,Dad you just never know............. Hum Big Grin..................................

Hey Bob glad you stopped by and said howdy,hope you and your's have a fine weekend out on the westside of town............ Wink.....................................

Chuck,it's hard to believe we are already into the start of racing season,me I'm still trying to get the mater ready for last season,I guess I need to move on to 2012, Humyea thats what I need to do............... Tongue.............................................

Well ya'll have a fine day and try as hard as you can to enjoy some of the day,and prayers still being said for our MIA's,hope their all ok........................... Praying hug Wave...................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Going in this morning for a few hours of overtime. I'm not sure why, but I am.
Yes, I am ready for some tire smoke, and open headers. It's been too long.
Thanks Chuck.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing