DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd we have survived the “earthquake”as we were maybe 20 miles away and hardly knew it happened. We have now toured western NC to death. Yesterday took the scenic route to Lake Lure, Chiminey Rock state park, etc. Took 4 hours to go, came back on interstate in 1/2 hour. We are in Hendersonville, NC today and going to try to go home in the morning. May go to Piedmont’s race in 2 weeks. Been hot here also, mid 90s is way to hot for the mountains. Stay safe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
Out here we just call those little shakers tremors. We get them quite often Most times me and Woody just sleep through them.
Me too

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morni Y'wll,

It is not a good morning. A close friend and family memmber went in for a stint yesterday morning. Simple, right? They sent him home yesterday afternoon feeling fine. Last evening he had a terrible headache and started throwing up and they called 911 and got him to he hospital. Apparently he passed a blood clot which caused an aneurism and he is on life support this morning.
I have experience with aneurisms. Lost my beloved wife, my dad and a drag racing friend to them. Nate is one of the sweetest guys I know and I feel so bad for him. IT's going to be a long day.
Praying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My good friend passed this afternoon. They kept him on life support until his mother got here from Idaho today.
Praying

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
My good friend passed this afternoon. They kept him on life support until his mother got here from Idaho today.
Praying

Sorry to hear Floyd! My condolences to you, his family & friends.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Terrible news Floyd. Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Al1
Nate was only 53 years old so it's hard to take.
You all take care of yourselves. We are all in the checkout lane we just don't know how far back we are.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Floyd. To many of those situations happen.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , may Nate rest in peace.My condolences to you, his family & friends. This is never easy no matter how old. Seems not to be fair....SAD

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I got back home finally. Grass high but everything else OK. Have to put brakes on the little Smart car, heard a little scrape this morning when I unloaded it, 34,000 mi. Raining here so I am trying to get my act together. Everyone be safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It's 108* out here right now. Rain would work for about 10 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vZ-Cb14r0

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all
It's been a hell of a week. First losing Nate and now we have lost another old friend. Esther Hollister was a VW racer we raced with for years when Marty was running VWs. She went on a hike Saturday with a friend and they got separated. Esther couldn't make the climb up the mountain and the friend went on. When she came down she couldn't find Esther but her car was still there. They found Esthers body today in a construction site near the trail head for the mountain. Apparently she was murdered. Esther was the sweetest gal you ever met. She had hugs for everybody and really enjoyed her VW drag racing. She drove a turbo VW bug called Last Call. She was only 53. Our whole group of drag racing friends out here are devastated. It just isn't fair. Our hearts and prayers go out to her husband a 2 kids.
Praying

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Floyd---You all getting more bad news than enough. And you and I have to see those much younger passing on.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yes Fern We have.
I have to make a correction. Even though it's tragic we lost her there was no foul play. She died of heat stroke. Not much consolation but it's easier to handle.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, I hope everyone is doing ok at least.

Floyd so sorry to hear about your friends. That is way too young for both.

Nick, working from home is ok, but I'm by myself. I'd rather be in the office. I miss my people, and a change of scenery.

Fern, glad to see you're out and about and enjoying yourself. Good luck if you're going to Bristol for the $100k.

Thinking of Nikki today, and Ashley, Karen, and Bob. 11 years today. Frown

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Can’t make Bristol Chuck. Maybe Piedmont this weekend.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I dodged a bullet at Piedmont today, twice! Made a time run and after the stripe brakes went to the floor. Survived that and while under the car tightening the brake line I passed out and woke up in ambulance on the way to the emergency room. Still here but seem ok. They think it might have been a heat stroke. Thanks to Kevin Blevins and Suzanne for always looking out for me.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! Fern please kick back and rest. The heat is a killer so take it easy for a while. Really glad your ok , take care of yourself....

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern that's terrible. I hate to tell you, ole buddy, but we are getting too old for some of this stuff. I've told you to take care of yourself. Listen for once, stubborn old fort..

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am home and feel fine. A great bunch of people looked out for me. Weirdest thing I ever had happen. Thanks to everyone.