DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wheeee so glad the cold snap is passed it was the first time my shops in floor heat would not keep up its a 8 inch thick slab 2500 sq. ft. shop usually stays right at 70* but dropped to 66 -oh well we survived at least better than some poor folks everybody have a good new years wh-ho

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 400 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I got through Christmas. Was supposed to go to Robs New Years race but that got cancelled for a number of reasons. Floyd you and the car both looking good. Going to roll the motor home out today and fill the propane and diesel fuel. Our illiterate NC govt has decided to raise fuel tax 2 cents on the gallon Jan 1. Got a lot of catching up to do around here next year, seems to get harder every year. Everyone have a Happy New year and stay safe and warm.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck. The rib roast was excellent.

Fern, I wish we could have got a wider shot of the shop. He has a 2 post in front of the 4 post. His Shelby GT 500 is sitting next to the lift.
He was showing off for his cousin from Kansas who is in town.
He put in a disco light, music and built a complete office with big screen tv, sectional couch, desk with computer, and a zero gravity recliner. He build a complete bathroom with toilet, sink and shower complete with grab bars he says for me. He's always thinking about his old dad.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year guy’s, Hope you all Have a very healthy and prosperous 2023.

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd it still looks good, you to. If your boy likes those Shelbys my BIL has 5 that he is thinking of selling. All new, but one has 30mi on it! He, like us, is getting old and is thinking of selling them. Maybe he is going to move you into that space!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern.
The office is for work and a tax shelter. He works 3 days a week at home and 3 days a week at the warehouse.
He said the bathroom is for me to clean up after working on the hay hauler with him. LOL.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd how dirty do you get wiping the dust off the hay hauler. LOL We are both lucky that we have children that have done well and look out for us now. I had 2, yes 2, flat tires yesterday. Tire store closed so I plugged them both myself. Have not done that in years but they held for what I had to do yesterday. Hope they have air in them today. Going for a newer Smart car tomorrow and looking at a truck (don't want to put tires on this one if another is coming) trying to get newer if we can. Thats all I got for now.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Our illiterate NC govt has decided to raise fuel tax 2 cents on the gallon Jan 1.

I am 60, and beginning to think about where I want to live in retirement. My dad is a North Carolina native, and I love North Carolina (especially western NC) but NC government scares me.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
You forget I have to shake off the California duster when I'm through.
Yes, I'm a lucky dad. My daughter takes care of my health and my son takes care of my finance.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, I see Southern California is drowning .Hope that roof leak was fixed before this hit.
Fern, how you doing? Hope your not over doing it… Haha
Chuck, you getting all your projects moving in a positive direction.

You all have a great work week!

Dancing Cat

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Local Weather Forecasters have issued a high surf warning to San Diego County, their prediction is we will experience 13 to 16 foot waves at our beaches. Our surf normally is around two to three feet high breakers. Heavy rain and high wind continues through the weekend and into next week, all of which at this point is not good news. We need some rain just not monsoon level.

If you live in Southern California buckle up, it's going to get nasty out there.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3 flat tires in a week. That’s all I got.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick
Yes I got the leak fixed. No issues so far except Woody doesn't like to go out to pee when it's raining.
When it's cold and wet like this I get bored so I put on a pot of my killer Texas chili, no beans, this morning. It will be done in about 8 hours.
Bob,
I went to the garage and can't find my surfboard. Guess I'll stay in today.
Dancing Cat

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good to hear the somewhat regular members posting here!

All this gloomy weather here in Southern NV sucks, although we need the precipitation! It's hard for me to get motivated, when it's overcast. Anyway, I've been doing small jobs & preparing for putting 220v service in our shop the middle of this month.

Happy New Year!

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As long as were general discussing stuff, I unloaded my race car and put it on my flatbed and turned the enclosed trailer into a shop, I've got heat, power, air and lights, so why not. Trying to clean up my bone yard, found enough stuff to build 2 powerglides, one a 1.82 and one a 1.76. Have enough discs and plates and soft parts to build three, but only have two cases, guess I need a trip to the junkyard. Also im one planetary short. Ive got three carriers that need rebuilding, but I have found that I can buy rebuilt OEM's cheaper than I can buy gear sets. That's how I'm spending my time, along with honey-do's. I have got a transmission bench in my garage, but lately it has been a collect all and i am to lazy to clean it off, and I have to move the wifes car out to use it.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That 16 foot surf warning in San Diego sort of fizzled this week Floyd, at best they looked more like seven or eight foot breakers.

Good news for the New Year.....only if you are a share holder.

San Diego Gas and Electric raised their gas charge from $2.36 per therm to $5.11 per therm, more than double last years rate. If your January gas bill last year was $110 this year it'll be $238.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:

San Diego Gas and Electric raised their gas charge from $2.36 per therm to $5.11 per therm, more than double last years rate. If your January gas bill last year was $110 this year it'll be $238.

Bob

What a great way to bring in the new year……NOT

Shake head

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Probably a way for SDG&E to recover lost electrical revenue because so many homes now have solar panels. We don't have a monthly electric bill with SDG&E, our solar panels harvest more electrical power than we get from them.

They had to get money somewhere so now it's in the rate they charge for therms. Thankfully we have a pot belly stove that warms the house. Our new gas bill is still less than $25.00 a month.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
my SoCalGas bill is double what it was last year.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Luckily gas bills up here are still under $2.00 per therm. Power was $.12 per kwh for the last 20 years, now its up to $.15. I have solar to thank for that. Grid power has to go north of $.21 in order for me to get any benefit from solar. Water is what is the killer up here. Notwithstanding inflation, I used to pay $1.00 per thousand, now its right at $8.00.

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post