DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My friends wife passed Fri night while the hurricane was passing through and I am now tasked with keeping my eye on him--married 56 years. Their dog is mourning worse than he is, poor thing. I have still not heard anything from my grand kids in FL---hoping its just the electric. I am good so everyone just take care of yourselves.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening, Fern sorry to hear about your friends loss, very sad.Your a good friend.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, Team Tucson done good, Division champs!!

Posts: 293 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that , we have a lot of great racers that made it happen. It’s great bunch of racers, and when at the track feels like family, until you hit the water then it’s game on. Haha

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I check DRR and this topic but don't log in much but did today. Rain since Saturday from Ian's remnants here. Thankfully just rain for me but some coastal flooding for family & friends but nothing even close to Fl.

Hope everyone is improving from there ailments. I've gone through a few lately.

Hope all & family well.

And for Floyd

Have a goodn!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
I'm still alive and kicking. At least for a while. I saw a neurologist and he found a 7x7.5 aneurism he wants me s to see a neurosurgeon about. At 80 yrs old I don't think surgery is an option.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Making a small return here. My old username was DOTracer. I needed to take a break while working to complete the new car build. Plans have changed and instead of returning to 8.50 index I’m gonna try my hand at running some top bulb racing, 1/8 mile.

Car is really close to being done but this late in the year, likely won’t see initial track testing till spring. Time just keeps slipping away. Two years into the build during the pandemic, really thought I could have it done in one year but that just didn’t happen.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
Hey guys,

Making a small return here. My old username was DOTracer. I needed to take a break while working to complete the new car build. Plans have changed and instead of returning to 8.50 index I’m gonna try my hand at running some top bulb racing, 1/8 mile.

Car is really close to being done but this late in the year, likely won’t see initial track testing till spring. Time just keeps slipping away. Two years into the build during the pandemic, really thought I could have it done in one year but that just didn’t happen.

Good to have you back DOTracer!

I understand what you are talking about during the pandemic; building, buying & getting things done was tough. Welcome to top bulb racing. Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Our power was out from 8:00 till 3:40 today. It seems SCE is going to replace all of our older poles. This is our 2nd all day outage in 2 weeks.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Damn, Fern, sorry to hear about your friend's wife, and you injuring yourself. How did the doc's go last week about the one toe? I plan on the WFC next year, and want to see you there again.

Nick, you too, take care of yourself, will ya? I get what you mean on the doors.... the G body doors have some weight to them as well. I have to give mine a good slam to make sure it's shut and lined up. Did you have to replace the whole hinge? I've read sometimes you can get away with replacing the pins and bushings.

Vetman, that is cool Jok won. You doing ok since the Vette changed hands?

B, man, that's a little scary. I'm with you on not wanting to hurt dogs, but I'm not going to be their chew toy either. I want to get a small carry piece for protection against critters. I like to hike, and we have coyotes around here too.

M120, nice to see you stopping by, hope you're healing up too.

Floyd, glad you're on the mend and hanging out here. Good luck with the neuro. I'm guessing you've seen by now Mike Hawks is back on FB and posting. I wish he would stop by here.

Hey Fabman! What kind of car are you building? Time is like money, never seems to be enough.

I'm all good here. Ian washed out our weekend here, our Halloween race, so it got rescheduled to the end of the month. Running at Mason Dixon next weekend for SBRA bracket finals, looking forward to it. Then some time next month, I want to get the engine and trans out to freshen up for next season. Mom got kicked out of rehab by the insurance company Friday, which is good overall. PT and OT will be done in home, and she can sleep in her own bed, which makes her happy.

You all be safe out there.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening you all . Glad to see you all dropping by and posting. Been having lots of fun going yard work as we have seen temperatures cool way down, days in the mid 80s.

Chuck your so right about the weight of that door. Even with the lightening that I have done it took three of us to do the upper hinge. Hinge was junk , pin was spinning in mount. Glad it’s done. Good luck at your next race.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Howdy all. Damn, Fern, sorry to hear about your friend's wife, and you injuring yourself. How did the doc's go last week about the one toe? I plan on the WFC next year, and want to see you there again.

Nick, you too, take care of yourself, will ya? I get what you mean on the doors.... the G body doors have some weight to them as well. I have to give mine a good slam to make sure it's shut and lined up. Did you have to replace the whole hinge? I've read sometimes you can get away with replacing the pins and bushings.

B, man, that's a little scary. I'm with you on not wanting to hurt dogs, but I'm not going to be their chew toy either. I want to get a small carry piece for protection against critters. I like to hike, and we have coyotes around here too.

Floyd, glad you're on the mend and hanging out here. Good luck with the neuro. I'm guessing you've seen by now Mike Hawks is back on FB and posting. I wish he would stop by here.

Hey Fabman! What kind of car are you building? Time is like money, never seems to be enough.

I'm all good here. Ian washed out our weekend here, our Halloween race, so it got rescheduled to the end of the month. Running at Mason Dixon next weekend for SBRA bracket finals, looking forward to it. Then some time next month, I want to get the engine and trans out to freshen up for next season. Mom got kicked out of rehab by the insurance company Friday, which is good overall. PT and OT will be done in home, and she can sleep in her own bed, which makes her happy.

Nice post ChuckT! Taking a little time to care about DRR members.

Plus, it's nice to have a thread that isn't cheap entertainment. Wink

Hope everyone has a great day. USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck the plan is to be at Bristol next year. I got my car back together and plan to try it out at Farmington tomorrow. Toe is supposed to be recovering but looks a mess, takes time. Looks like Elmer is thinking about letting Mason Dixon go next year--maybe. You need to find out about that. Weather has been nice. I have a nice low mileage 2014 Smart car for sale if anyone is interested. Floyd has got to hang in there as he has been an anchor on this forum for a long time. Besides his puppy needs him. Everyone be safe

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
ThanksFern,
I will hang on as long as I can. My arm is almost healed and my puppy is well taken care of.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

I build a Fox Mustang hatchback converted to an 86 four eye that has a SFI 25.2 3/4 chassis in which I put the engine & trans from the Malibu in.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Nick, wow, sure wore that one out. I'll take a look at mine this offseason. I want to get the windows to work again, so I'll peek at them then.

B, glad to contribute and be neighborly. Big Grin

Good deal, Fern. Hoping a couple of my buddies will make the tow with me too. Did you get to run today? From what I understand, Elmer was making an offer on the property, after all these years of being a renter. I hope it's accepted. I'll let you know what I hear next week.

Floyd, glad to hear your arm is about 100%. How's the rest of you?

Fabman,very cool. You don't see as many 4 eyed Foxes.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well the deal I went to was a "Race for Cancer" and what a deal. They had over 400 cars there and just plain ran out of time and ended it after 3 rounds in foot brake, 2 rounds in the other classes. I was still in with both numbers and car had done good till last round when track plain went away. My cars 60ft went from 134 to 144 in the last round we ran but it was just as bad for the guy in the other lane and I won. I had a good time, saw a lot of old friends, and it was all for a good cause. I got home at 2am, not used to that. On another note I took my pickup and open trailer and although it worked well it was a pita and had I had the motor home I could have got some rest. But that mess tows GOOD. Enough for now. You all take care.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My 38' 3 axle gooseneck towed like a dream and had a ton of room. I hated to sell it but that was a lot of money just sitting in the driveway. The circle track boys that bought it were happy as hell and brought me 22K in dead presidents.
I still have the open trailer bought in 2020. It's not for sale and it doesn't owe many anything.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd do you or Woody need anything?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fooloose,
10 years younger would be nice!
Nah, Woody and I have everything we need.