DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern went to Baltimore yesterday morning and got 2 Smart cars. Hit snow and sleet above Richmond VA and drove in it all the way back to about Durham, NC.....ditches were full of those that had no respect for the foul weather. About 600 mi round trip.....got to get tires mounted on race trailer next week. Smart cars are good for racers, smaller than a golf cart and you can drive them to town if you want. They run 70mph like nothing. I will sell one of these for $6000. 2014 with less than 10,000mi on it. Everyone have a good day, its cold here.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Weather man says we are going to set another record today. Previous record was 77* and it's supposed to get to 83* today. I gues we won't be looking forward to a white Christmas.
Speaking of which, I am at a total loss for what to do for my kids this year. I have been sending them gourmet meals from a specialty meat amrket but the owners retired and shut it down early this year. I use to get them from Omaha Steaks but they don't have what I want anymore. Besides that, Marty has been traveling so much he's been eating at the best places where ever he is.He's been at PRI so he had dinner at St Elmos one night and Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse in Indy last night. So getting him high on the hog isn't easy.
Y'all have a gooden!
Delivery

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope everyone is doing well. Back from PRI, couple friends got to make the trip for t he first time. Nice to be with friends, and see friends from all over. Got to see The Boss Scott and pick up my DRR gear.

1258, happy birthday to your son. That's great stuff. I like the plan to pay down debt.

Mike, I'm sure hoping Mannie is home soon. Glad to hear about the scooter company treating you right. You on the transbrake too hard to be busting those rear ends?? Big Grin

Fern, man, shame about the '66. I take it that it was pretty rough? I haven't heard details on Pollard's race yet. There is a racer here that uses a Smart car as a golf cart. Kind of surprises me that people don't respect the conditions more. Too confident in what a new car can do maybe,

Nick, hands off my pie! Big Grin Good deal on the next race. Get it dialed in.

Floyd, it was in the teens Friday morning in Indy. I like a white Christmas, but 70s sound good about now.

Good night all.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard if Mike English is OK?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mike is fine. He's on FB all the time. Murrieta isn't close to the danger.
I better clarify that. He's physically okay but mentally? That's another question.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Marty got home from there yesterday. He said it was a great show. I guess you didn't see him. Michelle and Rick did. They get together every year.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck where is the carb???? I said when the Smart cars first showed up several years ago that it made no sense to haul a golf cart when a Smart is smaller, lighter, has a/c and heat, you can drive it to town at 70mph, they don't need charged constantly, and used they are cheap. Anyway Getting eye worked on tomorrow and working on getting ready for Fl after Christmas.....Floyd I gave up, they got more than I do so let them spoil me.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I gotta agree but I don't need anything and if I want something I get it. So I tell them as long as I have them, I'm happy. But it doesn't feel right not doing something special for my kids.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
18 degrees here this morning---Ferns cold. Wanted to work on some outside stuff but that's got to wait. Race car is in nice warm garage so I guess I will give it some love getting ready for FL after Christmas....sure hope it is warm down there.....Got my Smart cars inside also waiting on paper work. Still need to clean out gutters....you all have a good one. Floys look up SouthernSupreme.com Trust me you won't go wrong with that thing.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Anybody heard if Mike English is OK?

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...5460652/m/7337073976

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all. Throwing a twist into my real estate career. Plan on picking a few charities to donate 10% of my real estate commission checks to. Will be done when I receive a referral from someone. That person that gave the referral will have the ability to pick the charity I donate the money to once the sale is complete.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
Hey all. Throwing a twist into my real estate career. Plan on picking a few charities to donate 10% of my real estate commission checks to. Will be done when I receive a referral from someone. That person that gave the referral will have the ability to pick the charity I donate the money to once the sale is complete.

Camaroracer, What an outstanding idea... With one 1 out of 9 US citizens going to bed hungry your local food bank could use your help......
In the desert SW I believe its the most positive way to make a difference...

By the way , GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!!!

Have A Great Day To All....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys... By the Time anyone will see this it will be Friday so....... TGIF

Have a Great Weekend....

Do something fun over the weekend. There is no re-entry to this race we call Life....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Well made it in here during the actual morning hrs. it's been a year today since I fell and lost my left leg it's been a learning yr. to everyone here thanks for keeping the thread going lots of different faces have come through here over the yrs never met many of you but somehow y'all seem like family I can be gone and come back and pick right up. Over time we've had different ones of the Good Morning Family pass on but all the memories are just like they were happening just now well I've got to get at it and as I've said many times if I catch it ain't sure what I'll do with it but I've be running it for a lifetime. Y'all have a big old goodern and Good Morning Drr for real today see y'all around. Need for speed Thanks Nicole I think this is my emoj. Lol.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike, I sure everyone here has great memories in typing though the years, mine center around Guy Price whom I meet at my two home tracks in AZ. For the short time I knew him he would just make me laugh and laugh...Also really enjoy the postings of Fern, Chuck T, Floyd , Camaroracer, Barry and yourself too ...

Thanks for the post Mike...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think of friend Guy Price often.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike and Nick. I made it a point about 2 months ago to go back and read the early GMDRR Posts. Pretty cool.
Visited Jim McCombe again today, making great progress. Put a smile on my face. Later today we got to see and hear first grand baby heart beat. Another big smile!

Have a great weekend folks.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4480 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
Diane, God rest her soul, and I met Guy and his daughter 20 odd years ago at the ET finals at the ol Vegas track. He and I use to trade a lot of stories and jokes all the time. We had a lot of fun in this site.
BlahBlah

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess I have met several from this site over the years.....I knew Big Mike long before he started this thread and can honestly say there was never a more sincere person on this earth....I have been blessed to have put 76 years behind me and can still go to the track, in fact going to Gainsville for the New Years deal in 2 weeks. Where is my boy Chuck? The rest of you all have a good day--Got "honey dos" for my daughter today....ho ho ho!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Been a busy week, but doing well here. Got a little snow this week, which I really like at Christmas. Christmas lights in the snow just look awesome. Supposed to warm up a little tomorrow, maybe 40. Feels better than the teens and wind from a bunch of mornings this week!

Floyd, no, had 3 buddies there for the first time, barely got to see Scott and Megan. I missed Michelle and Rick too. Frown

Fern, I'm here, just been a little busy, not much 'net time. I'll text you in a bit. I hope the eye is ok. Or call Stites for some advice! Wink Big Grin

1258, that's awesome! Nicely done. Pay it back, pay it forward, always a good thing.

Nick, the local food banks are a favorite for me too. I'm lucky, work matches my donations, doing some more good. I really wish I had gotten to meet Guy in person. Someday I want to get to Los Dos and raise a chip in a toast to him.

Barry, glad to hear about Jim doing better. That's fantastic, I can't imagine what that's like, hearing the baby's heart beat, got to be one of the best sounds ever.

Mike, you're absolutely right, lots of good folks, glad to have met them, here or in person, like family. You keep hanging in there.

You all have a good weekend!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post