DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This morning my wife informed me that six of the seven dwarfs are not Happy!

Whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its 70 once more here in central NC and how about the 5 point underdog Clemson last night night putting a whipping on Alabama? I was up late but may get on the roof and clean gutters this afternoon, at least give it a look. Didn't fool with car yesterday but did change motor plate to raise engine 1/4 in as steering was slightly rubbing oil pan. Nick I just keep on going I guess ignoring the small bumps in the road.....Looks like new knee will be 21 Feb if all goes according to plan....want car ready before that ordeal. You all have a good day.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Real nice day here yesterday, finished my lunch time walk with no jacket. Flip flop today, hoodie, Carhartt, hat and scarf, in the teens with the wind chill.

Fern, they just need to work, looking pretty is for the car show crowd. So sorry to hear about the young man. Clemson sure did roll the Tide (sorry Jared Big Grin ) in impressive fashion. Yessir, won't travel much, but looking forward to the new season.

Nick, how you doing?

Floyd, I feel for your daughter in law. I went through the same thing, pancreatitis caused by gall stones. Same surgery too.

Bob, I like her sense of humor. Big Grin

You all have a good night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning Chuck , Fern ,Floyd.... and everyone else who keys in here. Just got home from a long day, time to get some rest. And this political stuff are we all tired of it yet?

Chuck, I missed the hangovers race this year too dang cold for me , one day got all the way up to 51°. Most said the track was OK, but one car into the wall and another on its roof tells me a different story. So this weekend is a two day race “ Arizona drag racing Association “ and I will be going out just on Sunday. It’s just a test and tune as I installed a starting line enhancer, and want to test it out. Also did some jetting on the carb and want to see if I went in the right direction....

You all have a great day!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Temp dropped like a rock here last night. 28 this morning and I got to get my gutters cleaned. Chuck my friend and I are considering coming to KRP for the Sportsman Spectacular if we do any good at the ones before then. Nick you ever heard the saying "never kick a sleeping dog"? If the car is working don't touch it. I spent yesterday making my own bolts for my engine as all I could find were either 1/4 to long or 1/4 to short, so I cut some down to the right size....Floyd must be froze up out there in Cali

Nick I been tired of it. Like a bunch of 5 year olds fighting over a penny while $50 needs attention. I just don't understand why you can be for something and then because the name of the President changes (wants less in fact) you are dead set against it. Lets get over it and get on with our lives. Oh well I guess I'll just try to ignore them. You all have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all. Wind is starchy still, makes me want to eat a pot of mac n cheese and a bunch of fried chicken. But, that's every day. Big Grin

Nick, bummer about the weather. I think you'll like the SLE, my friends that run them do. I hope the changes keep you consistent.

Fern, that would be awesome, hope it works out. Always good to have that coffee can or bucket of extra bolts/screws/washers around, for just those types of occasions.

I'm just trying to stay warm and make it to race season.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
22 this morning and high they say will be 43. Enough already. Chuck when I moved down here let a 5 gal bucket of bolts go for scrap. Missed it ever since.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Tired of this political bs too!

Demo’s and some Rep are all doing the Olympic record breaking backstroke on the wall and immigration. All Caught on record (video) supporting immigration law and a wall/fence but now its too sensitive! So tired of this bs. Watched the Gov of Texas yesterday stressing how important this wall is for them. According to the C-linton N-ews N-etwork these are model citizens crossing... Sorry guys.... This prob should be in the political sections..

Lots more rain coming!!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Getting cold up here. Wife is going to be switching schedule where she works every weekend so we don't need to pay for a babysitter during the week. So that means no racing for me basically. Although at the same time my real estate career is about to explode some. I have about 8 potential clients lined up this year. I just had to be patient.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Rainin here in SoCal. Luckily Woody and I got our running around done yesterday.

Lost another drag race buddy day before yesterday. Ray drove a nice purple small block Nova for many years before financial problems made him quit. He was 65 years old. Had a heart attack in his sleep and went peacefully. Knew Ray for about 30 years. It sucks losing old friends. I guess I'm lucky.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That continues here Floyd. One of our racing families lost a young man last week. Seems the older we get the more of this goes on. Little warmer here this morning but chance of SNOW! Later

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cold week, about 3" snow last night. It's the long part of the year, holidays over, long stretch of the winter until the start of the race season. And it looks like winter will stay around this week too.

1258, trade offs are necessary sometimes. Racing will always be there later. Good luck with the real estate deals!

Floyd, very sorry to hear of your friend. It sucks, regardless of age, but 65 is too young.

Fern, wow, 5 gallon bucket, that's a lot of bolts and such! You can send some of that warm weather north.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Monin Y'all,

Woke up about 11:00 last nite freezing my but off. The power was out. Came back on about :30 this morning. Just in time for me to reset the coffee maker for my morning joe. Might have to aly in some firewood in case this happens again.
Ain't raining right now but we are supposed to get water off and on the rest ofnthe week. About time to make some killer Texas chili.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Still cold here but for now the rain has stopped. Got on the roof and cleaned the gutters and discovered a nail had backed out which no doubt has caused a leak over the car port. Got to get up there and fix that today. Propane ran out in the garage Sat morning and still not refilled. Stopped any race car work. Got to go to Baltimore in the morning to a funeral and renew drivers license. Darn rat race. Trying to tie up loose ends before the knee surgery. Everyone have a good day

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Long winter week dragging on here. Supposed to get some mix of rain and snow on Saturday, with temps falling into the single digits Sunday night. Good times!

Floyd, always good to have some firewood about. Sets a good ambience if you are entertaining some company. Wink And if you don't have company, it is still nice and relaxing. I think I'll be going through a chunk of the stack on Sunday while I watch football. I love chili, making me hungry. Great time of year for it.

Fern, you for hire?? Big Grin You get more done in a day than I do in a month! No moss growing under your feet, that's for sure.

You all stay warm out there, and have a good night.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morinin Y'all,

I don't want to surprise anyone but it's still raining out here. Rained so hard in the middle of the night it woke me up. I imagine when Woody and I go for a ride a little later we will see a bunch of trees down.

Yeah, Chuck, I'm getting closer to that chili everyday. Problem is I make so much of it I have to share with my neighbors. I don't use any beans. Chuck roast, lots of onions, chipotle chili powder and a bunch of other stuff. Yep, it's spicey. Almost have to serve it with lot of cheese and sour cream but it takes the chill off. I made a pepper jack stuffed meatloaf last nite with a Jack Daniels sauce over it that is damn good. I'm going to trade some of it to my neighbor for some fire wood. He owns a tree service so he always has a lot. He supplies me with all my pecan that I smoke with.

Y'all have gooden. I'm off to the store for a chuck roast and a onion.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... Glad to see everyone coming in and visiting , like to see what everyone is going these days...Last week I could not make it to the track on Saturday and it was sunny and 72 degrees. I packed up for Sunday as it was a two day race, left the house with a few clouds an traveled 40 miles only to get a call from a friend that they called the race.... Sure enough it starts raining on me as soon as I hang up...hahaha

Floyd, Love the way you cook , if only I could eat that way now. My system has me eating like an 80 year old ...LOL

Fern , hope thing goes as plan on your knee surgery, make sure to doctors plan on rehab. It will make a difference.

Chuck , glad to see the news from the east side keep it coming....

Camarorace, The longer up hang in there with working in real-estate the more chances of making a great living. Good luck with it.

Everyone One Have A Great day !!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
Nick,
The weather for this Sat and Sun at WHP is perfect. Come and join us.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Plans change. It's raining way to hard to go to the store. I would melt getting from the house to the truck. Guess we will do leftovers tonight. Chili will have to wait.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got home this afternoon from Baltimore. Beat the snow out of the Baltimore/Washington area and it is warm here at home. Propane delivered while I was gone so garage will be warm. Set a record at the DMV getting license, in and out in 20 min. Never been that quick. Took a rest this afternoon after turning off heat in the 2 motor homes. Helps electric bill. Passed by Dr on the way home and so far everything is good. Go back 4 Feb for something else knee related. Later