DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We are right at 4000 lbs with driver.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning....
That’s some cool real steel there Floyd! 1.39 @ 4K lbs is great! Great looking leave!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Good morning....
That’s some cool real steel there Floyd! 1.39 @ 4K lbs is great! Great looking leave!!

Thanks Barry,
We had a 1.43 1st pass and only ran 10.87 I think. Went to check why we slowed down and did a plug change. They looked okay except for #5. Wire wasn't plugged on. One cylinder is obviously worth 3/10's as we picked up to 1.41 60' and 10.55. Ist rd dialed 10.59 and it hooked hard as you see. Marty passed him by the 60' cone and just stayed in front to the stripe. That was the first 1.39 and a .003 rt. Figured it would have run a.55 so we dialed 10.55. He backed off the tree just a little and that was it. Had to run him down and wound up with a 10.51. The other guy was on his mark though. He had a .037 light and ran a 11.63 on his 11.62 dial. He earned the win.
Best part about it was Marty had a great time and I might be able to get him out more. He's already making plans to change the front brakes cause he says they are dragging. We'll put a full set of Strange brakes on it.
I guess Dad gets to B.O.A.T. Break out another 1000. That's what dads are for, isn't it? Laughing very hard
Ya'all ahve a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wish my boy would have been interested. Built him a Trans Am when he was 16 and it is still rotting to pieces out behind my garage up North. He is 38 now so its sat there for 22 years. My car is pretty even with your truck but 2880 empty last time i weighed it. 6.35--6.40 in the 1/8 @ 104--105. Never ran a 1/4 in awhile. I like that truck. Oooops----had a 10 up there instead of a 6........

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I wanted to put it up for sale last year but my boy said NO. He has sold his race cars and all he's got now are some toys. A Shelby 500 GT, A mustang 5.0, a mid engine Porche Cayman, his wifes Audi suv and his hot rod Dodge ram. He does a lot of r&d on turbo parts and suspension parts so the Shelby and Mustang and Ram are not stock. He had a '16 Ecoboost Mustang that he built with all garret and turbosmart parts but he got a chance to sell it. It was in 2 SEMA shows.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Good morning....

Thanks Barry,
We had a 1.43 1st pass and only ran 10.87 I think. Went to check why we slowed down and did a plug change. They looked okay except for #5. Wire wasn't plugged on. One cylinder is obviously worth 3/10's as we picked up to 1.41 60' and 10.55. Ist rd dialed 10.59 and it hooked hard as you see. Marty passed him by the 60' cone and just stayed in front to the stripe. That was the first 1.39 and a .003 rt. Figured it would have run a.55 so we dialed 10.55. He backed off the tree just a little and that was it. Had to run him down and wound up with a 10.51. The other guy was on his mark though. He had a .037 light and ran a 11.63 on his 11.62 dial. He earned the win.
Best part about it was Marty had a great time and I might be able to get him out more. He's already making plans to change the front brakes cause he says they are dragging. We'll put a full set of Strange brakes on it.
I guess Dad gets to B.O.A.T. Break out another 1000. That's what dads are for, isn't it? Laughing very hard
Ya'all ahve a gooden.

Exactly Big Grin Finally making headway with mine. Short block together, I built a new stock pan, new heads are at Don Little’s getting tuned up. I just bought all new Strange brakes and shocks. Hard to whoa a 3600 lb turd at over 130...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I just looked up Strange brakes. Damn, front one are expensive. I'll let Marty get those and I'll do the back ones.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have discs on all 4 wheels and the whole system cost a bundle years ago. But worth every penny.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The hay hauler doesn't have any problem stopping, Marty just thinks the front discs are dragging. It's got '72 Chevy pick up front discs, big Ford rear drums.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now thats old school right there

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fern. It's the original color too. We got a lot of attention up there. People really like how we have kept it uncluttered and still looking original.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd check your PMs

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, found it. Chuck posted it on page 1.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good. Chuck is the man. Guess my boys will be racing up at Virginia Motorsports park starting tomorrow. Sure wish this leg, knee, would go ahead and get well.
I like my old cars Floyd

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Me and my hired gun at the March Meet.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all! hope everyone was plans for a great Green Day....Going to be great weather here as we are hitting high 70s and low 80s....
Yesterday had a good day of racing making it to the semis , as a good friends wife Cindy Hawk took me out and went on to win....

Floyd, that boy of yours looks like you 40 years ago....LOL Glad to see you and him get that truck to the track and win some rounds...

Chuck, whats been going on ?

Fern , hope you heal up fast ....

You all have a Great Day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went to my house today and found frig had died. I had just given niece a s/s 26ft one a month or so ago. Drove for the first time today and it went well. They had 593 entries at VMP Sat. Bracket racing is dead.Congrats to Nicole Talbert for her win in todays $10,000 foot brake race.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, thank you. We had a real good time and I think I will get him to take more breaks from work. I might have to buy another trailer if we go more.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey, is everybody on vacation?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Medical leave. Seems all the racing is in the East and I am the only one paying any attention to it. Got IHRA at Farmington this weekend and a free race at Rockingham I think. No telling what all is going on that I don't know about. Really not a lot of support for NHRA here. They do nothing for the local racer. But some of the NHRA National champions are from the East. If my recovery continues I'll be out there soon.