DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I went to Galot as a spectator for the weekend and it was well worth it. As I noted in another post they had "almost" 400 entries for a top bulb only race that was advertised as 3 $5000 to win races. Pretty good turn out I would say.

My butchered toe is holding me back pretty good. They took out the stitches Friday and told me to stay off of it--I tried, honest I did. But it seems to be coming along slow but sure. I did go out to the garage and look at the race car, its still there. Luck not good around here as soon to be son in law broke his neck Thursday. Head first down the stairs. He is sort of ok but a long road to recovery. seems like bad luck is hanging around here. Any way for me life above ground is good. Everyone stay safe and don't be afraid to chime in here, we miss you.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are getting better for your toe Fern. Slow progress is still progress. Hate to hear about your soon to be son in law. Hope he heals up soon. Glad to hear the Galot race went so well. Saw lots of pics online. Looked like a great time.

Around here it seems like it's one thing after another with my junk. Need to pick up a new TIPM (fuse box) for the 2005 ram I've been planning to bring back to daily driver and play with at the track. New ones are $400+. Used are cheaper, but as I gather it, would need programming from dealer, which adds more $$$ to the pain. Also about ready to change out the shift solenoids in the tranny of my 98 Chevy dually. Doesn't shift out of 1st gear anymore. Picked up some advice from here on the tech forum a while back and 2 of the 3 fixes didn't work. I've read conflicting info that says they need programming also. Guess I'll find out. If no luck, I wait til I have the spare change for a rebuild. Life getting in the way put dually on the backburner all last year. Once those are back to being proven reliable transportation, I'll probably sell my 2018 Ram. Should be able to cash out pretty good and save a monthly payment. That would go a long way to getting one or both of my Camaro's back on track. I'm certainly not car/truck poor over here, just time & money poor. I do get to look at them and remember the good times with my brother and our hotrods at the dragstrip though.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another day! I have had an offer from a friend near by to help me get car together ever since I hurt my toe and last night a friend from South Carolina offered to come up and stay till its done. I need some things done here before I can accept their help. Racing friends are great and I have been lectured for not asking for help when I need it. Oh well, I hate to ask. Anyway I am doing my best to stay off of it but still swollen and some blood seeping after almost 3 weeks.....I just have a hard time DOING NOTHING. I'll be back at Galot in 2 weeks at least to watch regardless. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening to all. Weather out here in the southwest desert is just beautiful . The last couple of days have been high 40s at night and 78 day time . And It’s going to last for the next 8 to 10 days or more. This will include this weekend’s team races 3 and 4 .

Fern , gotta take it easy and let your friends help you. Hope your eating and sleeping good as that will help with the healing, taking vitamins will help the process too . I’m sure your already doing all this but never hurts to say it. Hope you make it to the race in 2 weeks as that is good medicine too.

Everyone have a great weekend!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

The rain and snow have slowed down so my daughter is taking me grocery shopping. Gotta stock up on corned beef and cabbage so I can celebrate my favorite granddaughters birthday, March 17.
Y'all have a gooden

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My granddaughters ears must have been burning cause she and her mother popped in from Arizona for a surprise visit.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Very proud of her. She is a codeing nurse at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got back home this morning. Been a month since I got hurt and still limping some. My friend came by and helped me get engine crane on its feet and out of the way so a may be able to do a little something. Temp has gone from the 80s to 30 in the morning. Looks like sunny but cool weather for the Loose Rocker race at Galot this weekend. I plan to go and watch. My daughter that looks after me boyfriend fell last weekend and broke his neck. Luck and good Drs indicate he will recover, but it was a close one. Need some good luck around here.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Fern. Glad you're feeling better.

I got another great great grand child this morning. That make one each from the same grand daughter. I'm a proud great great grandpa!
Dancing Cat

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks. Hope y'all are doing well. Floyd, big congrats on the new Great Grandbaby.

Wife and I just got back from a little vacation,,, as mandated by wife. Something about her and special dates/events in our lives. This time it's our yesterday anniversary. Spent about $1000, missed out on roughly $1000 in work, but she's happy, which means all is good in our world. Went to the outer banks. Spent the week in Ocracoke and spent some time on Hatteras. Pretty sure we picked the wrong week. Cold and windy for us, while the week before was warm and toasty, and the upcoming week is looking nice as well... Bed we slept on put my back in time out, but I think that's recovered now.

Been trying to keep up on watching racing and reading up on the drama of the week which is helping me stay focused and motivated on getting my junk back on track. Looks like the big race at Galot this weekend has a great turnout. NHRA divisional at SGMP appears to be having some challenges this weekend, but looks like a decent turnout there. Thinking about going to CPD to watch tomorrows T&T and street drags. Next weekend is CCRA 1st race of their season at CPD. Really looking forward to that. Burnt rubber and racin fuel always put a smile on my face.

Just ordered new shift solenoids for the dually, so I expect in the next week or two, I'll have them swapped and hopefully have that truck back on the road. The 05 Ram is sidelined for now with the TIPM issue. Temp fix lasts 2 days, then it's lights out again, so I'm giving it a break till I get the part to fix it. Still trying to hide money from wife to go toward making the superstocker run again as well. Almost there I think. Monday morning I should be back to wide open chasing $$$.

Y'all have a great week and stay healthy. Good luck to those of you who are out there racin...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wore a shoe on the hurt foot this weekend for first time since I hurt it. Went well but still some swelling. Back to Dr tomorrow.

Went to Galot Sat and saw some really good racing. 438 entries I think. Left before it was done but looked like most were just glad to be racing even if it was some pretty tough conditions weather wise for promoters. Got to see a lot of old friends but because I wasn't real mobile I missed some also.

Going to Myrtle Beach next week then if all goes well I may be able to work on getting my car back together. Everyone stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ma nature sure is pissed at So. Cal. these days. We've had continuous rain, wind, hail, tornadoes and occasional bouts with snow.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy heavenly birthday, Guy.

I’ll try to stop in for real later on. All good here, just busier than all git out.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back to 80 here today Floyd and looks to continue for a few days. Only takes a minute Chuck, come on back in.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Guys kid
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all, I know it has been awhile. I just thought that I would pop in for "old time sake". I am still above ground. It looks like in the near future I will be running MY car again. It only took 13 years to clear my head after losing my daddy. I am selling my dad's car in order to get my car up and ready to run. Bitter sweet but mama needs to get back in the drivers seat again. Have a good one y'all!

Posts: 10 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: October 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am probably the only one on here that ever raced with Guy when I lived in Mesa back in the 60s. I'll be 82 in a week and still racing. Thanks for dropping in.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Guys kid
posted Hide Post
Wow! I do not know if I ever knew that. I have to agree with you that you are the only one on here that raced with him in the 60's. I wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My dad would have been 82 yesterday.

I will try to pop in a little more often. Take care!

Posts: 10 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: October 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes -- he was 1 week and 2 days older than me. Bee Line drag strip has been gone a long time. I lived in Tucson as a child, we moved back East then after I married we moved back to Mesa where my oldest daughter was born. That lasted 2 years before they starved us out and back East we went once more. My car I raced in the 70s looks like your Dads old car, it was originally a pro stock car. You take care and good luck.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I raced with Guy and his daughter several times back in the day. At the ET Finals in Vegas and old Firebird.
Guy and I would just ride around in his golf cart, smoke cigarettes and lie to each other.
If my math is right he was 1 year and 3 days older than me.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry I forgot about you Floyd. Weather here has been great for a few days but they claim rain this morning. I see bright sunshine? Anyway been getting ready for our trip to Myrtle Beach. Motor home is ready as is the Smart car. We will leave Sunday AM I hope. Race car will be my next project when I get home. Toe is much better. You all stay safe.