DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
Sorry you had so much work to do. Glad you had fun though.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern did you run the top bulb or bottom bulb race?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bottom footloose......Thats a stretch because I was mostly in the way it seemed. I did win a few rounds by luck I think. People there from Conn. to lower FL yet the locals didn,t show up to this low cost good paying race.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My boy is at Sema this week with 2 booths. One for their Turbosmart products and one for their Pedders suspension and brakes products. Turbosmart one Best New Racing Product award for the 2nd year in a row.
He and Irene are celebrating their 26th anniversary with a typical working holiday. I can't be any prouder of those two.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are lucky to have good kids Floyd. I got one that retired at 40, another retired around same age---both of those are on their 2nd career now. Youngest is a Govt contractor and seems to be doing really well. I don't nose in their business but glad none of them have come home to roost. Those of us with good kids are blessed some are not so lucky.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
When my son took over Turbosmart US business. They were doing about 500 k a year. Today they are north of 12 M. My daughter is a special eds teacher that has 25 years tenure. She has excelled in her career. I must of done something right. I'm very prod of both of them.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike Hawkes started this thread years ago and has lately been consumed with facebook. So Sat I took a trip to Cana VA and hunted him down, sort of, I found his house with his 57 Chev wagon race car sitting in front but no Mike. His little dog barked and looked at me from inside but no Mike. Left a note on his wheel chair by the door with my phone number but still have heard nothing. Hope he is OK.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
He was on FB earlier today. So maybe he and Mannie went some where.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you go on there Floyd tell him I was there. Maybe he missed the note

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey guys... I sure hopes he is ok... Fern you are a good guy to check up on him , wonder what's going on with Chuck T too... I miss his posts …

Saturday I raced at an Arizona Drag Racing Association Memorial race that helps us remember all who came before us... Hard to hear all those names of racers who came before us ...then they came to Guy Price and well you know it was tough...

Praying

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I miss ole Guy. He and I use to have a lot of fun. I still hear from Jamie every once in a while.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern
I just got a message from him and he said he didn't find your note. Told him he should check in here.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd--I put it 1/2 under the cushion on his wheel chair

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
He takes stuff to the auction every Saturday morning. Only time he leaves the farm. He said he will post on here.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I guess he doesn't want to come back here. Don't know why.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll be back up there before Christmas and I know where his house is now----he can't hide from ol Fern Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
6 days and nobody home here. Spent a day installing trailer brake controller in new motor home, gave up and took it in for service and told them to fix it. Had to take a valve cover and get a hole welded up in it because person I bought motor from had put a freeze plug in the end of it with silicon and it was leaking. Trying to chase down an electrical problem in my starting system. No luck yet. Been cold as he!! here. Roof developed a leak so getting estimates to get that done. Life goes on! Had a long chat with old friend David "Outlaw" Spaugh last night who I had not heard from in years. Good to get a call from an old friend. Also good to hear from those of you here now and then. At least stick your head in and say hello so we know you are still above the ground. Good door car race this weekend at Piedmont and then a good foot brake race there after Thanksgiving.....Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Ou temprature was 89* Monday and dropped to 69* Tuesday. Today it's in the 50's, wet and a little breezy. Might be a quite day for the Woody and I.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We had a hail storm come through that probably lasted 20-25 minutes. It is cold.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening all, well down here we are getting some much needed rain over the last 2 days , 1.75" which is 10% of the whole year. Looks like Thursday we will be getting more rain all day, happy for the rain but SFG race this week is suffering . They will not be able to have warm up 15K tomorrow but its looks good for Fridays and Saturday 50K races. I heard they had 125 pre-entry cars , which is great for Kyles first hit out here. Hope to see over 200 but ….

You Guys Have a Great Week.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post