DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All ...weather here today about 75 , still need rain bad. Fern very well said about praying its not your job, its a scary world
the slow Joe is building .... Some one will have to pay in the future.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,

Chilly here tonight. We had rain half day yesterday then sunshine. Today started with sunshine then clouded up and looked like rain. Not yet, but it's still early.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Seems like it has been raining forever and with the temp right at 32 its lucky its not snow. Been rewiring the car some. Amazing what you find when you start looking, wonder it even ran. Hope its better now. We are going back to FL beginning of March for a couple of weeks to see GREAT grand son. No one around mentioning racing other than Duckys deal at Galot in March. Looks like a good race but people aren't jumping all over it like I thought they wood. Did I mention I got my 2nd covid shot and no side effects---everyone stay safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Fern.
We are getting old. So far from 8 grandkids I only have 1 and 1 1/2 great grandkids.
Have fun in Florida.
Woody and I are just hanging out waiting to get my arm and hand fixed. After the 23rd I'll be all good.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

My surgery got re-scheduled to March the 3rd.Nothing like waiting to the last moment to tell me.
Y'all have a gooden

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They keep that up you will be old first

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,

Surgery cancelled again. Don't have a date now. Every hospital is booked.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
now that right there sucks

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
now that right there sucks

Now that is an understatement. I started this procedure back on December 15th. After al the testing, xrays, blood work, physical, EKG ane the covid test I get cancelled again. Now I gotta do that covid test again and I swear she stuck that swab into my brain.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Haven't you got the covid shots yet? That should eliminate the test. 70 here yesterday with bright sunshine again. I changed the fuel filter in the motor home then started trying to remove 2 broken wheel studs on the Mercedes. Didn't get it done as those things are a nightmare and an idiot must have designed them. Oh well, wheels are on tight, tires are pretty good, and it has near new brakes, so I have no reason to take the wheel off. Getting ready to head South in a couple of weeks. You stay safe.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Floyd, thought your doc had an inhouse surgery center, which would eliminate a hospital schedule. The only thing that saved me last April when I had my shoulder done was my surgeon had his own center, or I would have been at the mercy of the hospitals also.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Floyd, thought your doc had an inhouse surgery center, which would eliminate a hospital schedule. The only thing that saved me last April when I had my shoulder done was my surgeon had his own center, or I would have been at the mercy of the hospitals also.

Yes, they have their own surgery center but the anesthesiologist doesn't want to do it because I have COPD. He wants it done in a true hospital setting.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, sorry to hear this on going problems. Know one can plan on our future, sure hope this works out for you soon... you do not deserve this....

USA

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nick, yes you can plan for the future; doom and gloom, then be pleasantly surprised when things go good. Case in point, im basically a pessimist, so I prepare for the worst and hope for the best, I.E Thats why I carry so much crap in the race trailer cause I know im going to blow s^%$ up. When I dont then that makes me the winner. If the car loads in the trailer under its own power, I had a good weekend.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I really like that positive attitude. I’ve been working around the Acreage here trying to keep the vegetation alive as we have been without rain for months out here in the desert SW. I to like to have as much spare parts as possible when I go racing. Sorry if I was negative, Did not mean to be. You coming down next week for Chris’s Showdown race in Tucson?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I would gladly send you some rain. I don't remember many days and certainly not a week without lots of rain here. Our nearby lake is 13ft above normal level and has been for a while, and its a big lake. Sorry !
Floyd and I are getting old and sometimes it seems like medical stuff takes to much of our time. But its a lot better than the alternate. Everyone stay safe.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its hard not to be negative these days, but I didnt take your post as such. Its just that I am negative all the time, lol. I was kicking the idea around of coming down for that race, but I get my wifes and my second shot next week, at least I think we do. We are eligible for it if I can find a place thats giving shot #2. I had to go to Laughlin for #1 shot, but they are not giving the second one. I was told I could go to Arizona for it due to the fact the state has no residency requirements, but because of the weather shortage they are not taking out of state reservations at this time. I probably wont be traveling anywhere this year, with the e.t. final in Sac I might not even run the points. Havent decided yet though.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Our idiot governor has finally realized we are serious in the recall. After a year he is finally releasing his grip on us people. What he doesn't realize is it's too late to make up for his actions. We have 2 million signatures on the petition. The fat lady is singing.

Our weather is perfect now. And we get another hour of sunshine pretty quick. Now if I could just get my surgery done it would be perfect world.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
Nick is doing good down in Tucson. Going rds each day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good for him. I know he was wound up. Leaving for FL in the morning.