DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its a race car, need I say more?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys …
Went with a friend up to Wild Horse Pass yesterday , it was a great time lots of cars and the weather was unbelievable 71 degrees with 15 % humidity. I got tried telling everyone why I wasn't racing...LOL
Been working on the car , work pump was sweeping and just got it back from Meziere, and after racing the Hangovers a few weeks ago put in a couple block heaters. If you can believe this at that new years race Saturdays high was 46 and at night down to 26.... chilly
Fern sounds like your not slowing down, I just hope I do half what you do...
Floyd , truck is going to be a monster. what have you been cooks lately. Is the grill open for business?
Where the heck is Chuck??

You All have a great day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,

With the little bit of warm weather I've fired up the grill a little. Problem is I don't fir it up for one piece so I have left overs to carry me for a couple of days. I did chicken quarters night before last and my neighbor did 7 racks of ribs yesterday so I got some of those. I pulled a rib eye out of the freezer yesterday so it will be ready in a few days. I guarantee I don't miss any meals but my weight is staying good, 190, and blood pressure and sugar levels are good.
I went for my every 4 month check up Tuesday. Doctor came in shook my hand and said how are you? I said, you tell me. That's why I'm here. He said all your blood work is good, PSA is good, kidneys are good. I said how about my liver and he said numbers are all good. I said I better stick with Johnnie Walker then.He laughed and said, you don't drink that much. I said, I don't drink any less.

He did say I wouldn't be having any more kids. That made my daughter happy.

Y'all have a gooden. It's scotch o'clock.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to All ! Had a 2 day race this weekend had a great time . Saturday got a beating, Throttle stop was not working , lost first round ! Ran 7 hits and could not get to repeat. Sunday ran super pro, and after 5 rounds walked away with the win.

Floyd glad to hear your in good health , I wish I could have your diet you are one lucky guy! I bet buddy gets some of that good stuff!

Fern, wish you would come out west sometime, you could see what happen as Tucson grew .

You All Have a Great Week!!

Where the heck is Chuck..... Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Brrrrr! It's turned cold. Just like that we are back to winter. 38* right now. No rain in sight for the next week so the Winternationals should go fine. Probably going to be fast with the cold weather.

Nick, good for you. Glad you put it the the circle.

Brian has a new car that should be done but it's not entered yet. They entered the '69 and the Cobalt at Pomona. I was hoping to see it out. A new COPO with a Jason Line engine. SS/XX. You know him, it will be fast.

Y'all have a gooden. Woody and I are going to stay warm. Blue Man

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon you All !!! Floyd did to have to send that cold here? Sunday was 78* today high will be 47* and going down to 28 in the morning. Winternationals should have great weather, wish I could make the run out there but I'm not making that drive and I'll be dang if I'm flying...LOL

Have A Good one All !!!

Come on Chuck you can do it....haha

Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning from Annapolis, MD. 70 here last 2 days but raining this morning. Toured Naval Academy yesterday. Pretty impressive. Heading home this morning

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone is hiding.....Got home yesterday to raining and high wind...This morning 23 degrees!!!!!! These high and lows are hard on an old guy......I have some trim work to do on the part of the new floor that is finished so guess thats my day. Pretty soon time to get ready for racing. Carry on

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, Wednesday here it was 80 degrees then Thursday we had severe weather. I was lucky I only lost a couple of small branches. Tonight it is down in the 30's. Racing is already in full swing, Gainesville, Orlando and SGMP have full schedules.I am dead in the water waiting on my new engine. I still have things to do on the dragster and the trailer, work on them a little while every day, at 70 I am slow and have no stamina, but I keep plugging away. Have good week guys.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Forecast today is for a little rain. Typical for when the Winternationals come to town.

Hey Nick, Brian and Ryan are in the semis today. Hope they both can pull it off and collect father and son wallys. Brian had 3 red lights in a row and then a bye to the semis. When it's going your way take advantage of it.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, Ryan got caught by a perfect light in his semi but Brian marches on. And he wins a heads up in AA/SA. At least one of them got the wally.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , thanks for the heads-up, I was watching off and on all day....Ryan is one bad a**

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Very impressive Floyd. Never got to see you or the boys but looking at the numbers.... Brian had him covered.

BP

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE FILM....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another rainy day in the Carolinas. Been working on race car between bouts with trimming out my new floor. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Very impressive Floyd. Never got to see you or the boys but looking at the numbers.... Brian had him covered.

BP

Barry, I wasn't there unfortunately. I was watching on on live results.
Pond out qualified Brian cause Brian never runs it out in qualifying. About the closest he came to running it out was against Lane when he posted that 9.691. I don't know if he tuned it up for the final or not. He knew he had Pond covered. But that was an exciting final that everybody should be happy about.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When they won the Championship he stated he was disappointed he never got a heads up to run the car hard. I get it!! Great car great team! Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The McClanahans always strive to have the fastest car. They were that way when the kids started in juniors. I'm just waiting for the new car to come out.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went to the Greensboro drag racing car show Sat. Saw lots of friends, many that I now only see at this event. All the tracks were rolling out their schedules for 2020 + the NC Drag Racing hall of fame inductions.....Lots of 70s pro stock cars on display and a ton of restored old cars in the car show. Steve Earwood (Rockingham)spoke and said our area was seeing a resurgence of racers due to the excellent economy in our area and across the country due to Trumps leadership. Hope that continues because here there are tons of opportunities to race every weekend for everyone + Flings, SFG, and Loose Rocker races. Looks pretty good