DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Raced with Guy at Bee Line dragway a long time ago--does this make me old? Dam good guy he was. RIP
Guess I'll test it once more at Piedmont if the weather holds Sunday....don't need no stinking button

You "don't need no stinking button" but it sure helps when everyone else has one in my class....LOL

No footbrake racing out here in the west...PRO guys even using buttons....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are in a dumb spot here as some are no box and some are straight up foot brake. Our track champ last 3 years has been off the foot although we are a no box track....our foot brake guy won the world at Memphis a couple of years back against the no box boys. Don't need no stinkin button around here Wink

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
I met Guy and Jamie at Vegas 20 odd years ago at the ET Finals. We discovered we were kindred in age and almost kindred in birth dates. We met up at a lot of races over the years and when I would go to Phoenix to see my kids. I still miss the old Guy. I never did try what he told me to do. He said pull the chip and put it to the wood and let go of the button. That always scared me a bit.
Y'all have a gooden. Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. It's Friday. Supposed to be 70 around here on Saturday, but I'll have the kids since the wife is back to work. She's getting into those ****ty moods because she can't be around for the kids when she works. She has to leave before they get up, and doesn't get home until they are in bed.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Supposed to warm up, and I'll gladly take it. Friends are getting married tomorrow, and I can deal with wearing a suit when it's mid 60s. Low to mid 60s Sunday, hoping to get the trans back in the car, and swap the cam out. I have to order my gaskets yet, but I'll get that done real quick.

1258, glad to hear you're having a good week. Adjustments to a new gig can be tough. Nice commute is even better, haven't had a short one since 2000. That's a really hard adjustment, the one your wife is making, working and leaving her babies.

Nick, good luck this weekend, stay hydrated, and eat some bananas, keep your energy up. Jami is doing ok, I see her on FB. Man, I miss Guy, and I never got to meet him.

Fern, have fun if you get to make some passes this weekend. Same around here, footbrake and no box, with no box in Mod for bracket finals. I'll keep footin', going to try it in Top this year too.

Floyd, I'd be scared of that too! I wish I had gotten to meet Guy. I still have my Price Racing Clan hat.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning!! Glad to see the crew checking in. Gotta leave work early and start loading the truck up for this weekend, also take the wife out for some dinner and a movie{her choice on both}

Chuck, have a good time at the wedding, hope you can get the car done soon, why the cam swap? I'm glad to hear about Jami, being around Guy the few times is saw him he was great soul. There was a lot of humor and knowledge that made you think all the time. I pulled the chip once.... LOL

Camaroracer, That must be real hard on the wife and the kids. But I sure she makes up for it on the weekends. In my early years both my parent's had crazy work loads, even weekends was tough. But the family adjusted to it pretty well.

Fern, hope you have a great time at the track.

Well Everyone Have A Great Weekend ...

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I got the car loaded ready to go to Piedmont Sunday, changed the oil in the Mercedes and will now get ready to go to Rockingham in the morning to watch my friends son race....he won 1st round today .001 light to .044 in the other lane. After they run the re-entry deal it will be 6 by the time 2nd round starts. Chuck needs to change the cam because he has a tiny motor in his car Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer: Chuck needs to change the cam because he has a tiny motor in his car Big Grin

LMAO.... That was funny Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its an Oldsmobile thing--not many of us still using that combo. Me and Chuck are pure Olds people. Went to Rockingham today. Three $20,000 to win races this weekend for $399. They had 320 Friday so a good turnout and great weather. I can't understand why folks would go down the road to Darlington for the IHRA 3 day race---they can make more in round money at the Rock than if they win 3 days in a row at Darlington. The math just don't add up. Had ice cream when I got home Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin, Y'all!
Looks like it's going to be a great day for a Nascrap race. They are running stupid fast over at Fontucky.
Today I leave the golden age era and go straight into the platinum age era and join Fern. Now I gotta find me a 40 something age lady to push my wheelchair. Next month I get cataract surgery in my right eye. Had the left one done a few years back and now it's time to finish the job. Since I'm getting an implant in my eye maybe I oughta look into another type implant just in case that 40 something lady wants some pushing her self.
Y'all have a gooden. Big Grin

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its possible Floyd. Friend has a 40 year old riding around with him in his 500SL Mercedes and helping with his money I am sure Big Grin Fern might need to find some old bat that can still walk and likes to wash my race car

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The folks that went to Darlington are going for something The Rock is not offering.

Marshall Smith. Jr

Posts: 18 | Location: rock hill s,c, | Registered: June 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are right, what pray tell might that be. Its sure not money. You can't even win your expenses at these events. Darlingtons regular bracket races pay far more. BUT at a bracket race they don't have 100s of obscure classes you can win with little competition in the other lane. Hot dogs might not even be as good Big Grin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Floyd Staggs, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He is an old F/a-r>t---Happy Birthday Floyd

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Dinner and games Friday night with friends, wedding Saturday, good times with good people. Got the brakes changed on the Jetta yesterday before working on the Cutlass. My buddy who has my transmission wasn't able to come over, so it was a gasket scraping afternoon.

Nick, the car lays over about 5400 rpm. I had the wrong pushrods when I came back out with this combo, broke a lifter and bent some pushrods. I'm wondering if I hurt the cam, even though I see no evidence. I'm swapping to see if it makes a difference. Car runs great, runs the number, but it should go to 6000 easily.

Fern, I sold my Torker and BBO headers, so I'm planning on always staying SBO! Big Grin Did you make some hits this weekend?

Floyd, happy belated! I hope you had a great day. Platinum era, I hope it's a good one for you.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Even my first wife sent me a message.
All I wanted was dinner but I got a really good lunch and a new fancy power recliner. Gotta love my kids.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No hits Sunday----Went to the wrong track. Went to Rockingham Sat to watch friend from Baltimore and others run-----4.70 door car he was fastest one there but did no good at all....saw a lot of friends and a good crowd of more than 320 entries. Floyd Fern has another one Friday---we getting old Buddy.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy belated Floyd.

Yeah guys been tough for her when she works. She is finally coming around thinking about switching jobs and get something where she can maybe see the kids more. She's getting over $40/hr but I'd rather her get paid less and see the kids more if it makes her happy. My daughter is also on her fourth ear infection the last 2.5 months. Poor girl having so many issues this winter.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Yeah Fern, but it beats the alternative.
Now I just gotta find that 40 something year old wheelchair pusher.
Y'all have a gooden. Roll Eyes