DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at a 1977 mag about Nationals at Bee Line in Phoenix---Not me in the Falcon as I was in Vietnam as a contractor then----My Ariz racing was in the early 60s. Had a 409 El Camino. Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd that's awesome that you helped that guy out. It's hard to want to help ex-cons but you definitely helped him turn his life around.

RED that's awesome. I love that show because those guys also talk about the things that go wrong with builds too, just not the stuff that make it seem so right. I used to watch it day in and day out to catch up to whatever episode they were on. Fun show.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Yep I agree Camaroracer these guys are as real as it gets , I don't have cable but watch them on YouTube ... Very entertaining , really like the low budget theme ...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Was a very slow day at work yesterday, but they did end up letting go one of the sales guys here. We are very small at like 15 people, but he wasn't producing either.

Anyways nothing new to report otherwise.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice stretch again for January, I'll gladly take it. Got the car home Sunday, hoping to get the transmission out tonight. Steelers held on, but they're going to need more than field goals against the Patsies.

Floyd, that is awesome! For sure, you done good, a wonderful compliment. Nice surprise and cake.

J, that does sound like a call for leakers to the lanes in the Oil Dry Nationals.

1258, always scary when the axe falls, though if it falls on dead weight, a little less so.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning folks---Fern got this cold hanging on. Motor ready to go back in but hasn't happened. Passed Big Mikes town, Cana, VA, coming back from WV Sunday. Didn't have his number or I would have called. Really pretty up in that area of the mountains. Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon all! What happened this morning everyone woke up late or what? I almost did the same this morning ... Set the time but forgot to set the alarm... woke up 5 minutes after the alarm was to go off, I must be living right or just plain lucky for the day. This weekend was a bust, rained all weekend and I just sat around the house with the dog. Watched some ball and a couple of movies , you talk about lazy days....

Chuck, what the chances of them winning one more?

Camaroracer, we are also looking to tighten our belts , as Dec and first 2 weeks of Jan are short of last year....

Floyd , Your first week off , just don't over do it... Kicking back takes practice..

Fern, try spicing up some chilly that may help get rid of what's hanging on...

Have a great Day.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED it's not like we are hurting but we have a huge pool to dive into within this industry and no one else is tapping it. The two months I've been here never saw one sale come in from him, big or small, so I understand what they had to do.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Camaroracer, I understand ... I was just stating what we are in the process of doing is all.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Cecil opens up in about a month and a half. My pops wants to try switching out the carb on the wagon and changing up the exhaust. I have an exhaust system that is definitely choking it that exits behinds the wheels.

Still trying to get it to run the 11.50 index racing.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Dealing with a little rain and clouds, but still, don't have to shovel anything, so it's good by me. Hanging around 50 through Monday, it looks like. I am for sure good with that.

Fern, that bug is nasty, lot of people I know fighting it. Soup and spice that thing out! Big Grin

J, I hate when I do that, have done it on more than a few occasions, set the time, forget to flip the button to on. Lazy days on occasion are good for the soul. At least that's what I tell myself. Big Grin I hope the Steelers can win one more. I can't stand the Patriots.

1258, man, CC opens early. What size exhaust do you have? I run 3", through mufflers, dump out of the mufflers before the rear end. Swapping what carb to what carb?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Traffic was light , guess everyone is staying home as it is Hump day...Haha This weekend going to the track to watch a friends two son's who started their own Stock and Super Stock Assoc. This is their first race but weather at this point looks like rain. They got some local and national sponsor's to help with winning and prizes, between the two of them they plan to race three car's (one not race ready yet). Should be a great time if it does not rain....

Chuck, I don't watch much ball , but if its NE I be rooting for the other team..... Rolling

Have A Great Hump Day....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
This hanging out and doing nothing sure has me busy. Hooked up the little trailer yesterday for the first time in a couple of years and the plug must be bad. No brakes and only one brake light. Took the hay hauler down to my boys place so he can put it up on one of his racks and service it. He had to do a couple of burnouts cause he hasn't driven it in quite a while. Come to think of it neither have I.
Got the new tires and wheels mounted and it goes to the fabricator to get the cage finished, rear end narrowed and the tubs widened on Monday. Got to get ready for the March Meet. We are both looking forward to going back out after being parked for over a year. We are back to old school, open trailer and just the minimum of stuff to take. An EZ UP, a generator and a tool box.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, take a look at this link.... sure wish you could come out for this. I will save you a place right next to my pickup and open trailer...LOL Nick

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...7607534/m/4317035676

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
RED, I don't know if he would have it done in time. He assured us it would be easy for March but you know how those fabricators are.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My son had the truck detailed yesterday. I don't think it's ever been this clean before.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn Floyd I didn't realize that was yours. Totally amazing looking truck.

And RED the carb has vacuum secondaries, so I think my pops wanted to go with mechanical secondaries. My carb knowledge isn't up to par.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
Damn Floyd I didn't realize that was yours. Totally amazing looking truck.

And RED the carb has vacuum secondaries, so I think my pops wanted to go with mechanical secondaries. My carb knowledge isn't up to par.

Yep, it's mine for the last 16 years. Constant work in progress. Rolling

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hoping I'm avoiding the bug that is going around. Fell asleep before 9 last night, so I guess I needed the rest.

J, that's cool, I like Stock/Super Stock. Tri State Stock/Super Stock is out here, runs at KRP a couple of times a year, as well as other tracks, and there is a Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock class that runs monthly here. Cool cars in both.

Floyd, there's always work to do, right? Trailer tires good, if they sat out that long without use? I hope all goes well and you're out for the March Meet, if not sooner.

1258, I used to run a vacuum secondary carb when I first started racing. Mechanical secondary Quick Fuel carbs since, no issues street driving, more consistent on the track.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, actually the trailer tires are about 4-5 months old. Brand new 10 plys that Marty put on.
Here are the new tires and wheels for the race truck. 29.5x13.5x15 on 12" wheels.