DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I hope that all of you are well.

Most of our grandchildren have been laid-off from work with no idea if, or when they will be able to go back to work. This too shall past, we just tell them to remain positive that when one door closes another one opens.

Stay safe, save the hugs for later once this is over, hunker down and find the joy in the company of your Family.

Regards:

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am trying to figure this all out. In our case money won't run out, have plenty of basic food, will venture out when milk runs out. We are WAY out in the country. Smaller stores around here seem to be well supplied. But how long can those not prepared last with no income at all. Credit cards? And last night the Dems in the House voted down the stimulus. So much for cooperation and help for those out of work.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Woody and I went for a ride in the big truck yesterday to get some fuel. Diesel down to 3.19 gal.
City streets were real light on traffic and a lot of parking lots were empty. About the only things we saw open were Petsmart, grocery stores and drive thrus at fast food places.
I want to go to the grocery store cause we're getting low on some essentials but it don't have to happen. If it keeps raing we will stay in. Might hit somewhere for a hambuger or something so Woody can get some french fries. His regular food delivery is due tomorrow as long as fedex is running. My boy gets taken care of. I'll go hungry before he does.
Y'all have a gooden and stay hunkered down. Nick, hang in there.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Diesel $2.23 here. We came to check on our city house in Durham last night. Everything looks ok. Durham goes on lock down tonight at 6 so we will stay a few days then head back out in the country. Sure hate it for those holed up in the cities hoarding toilet paper. Everyone be careful and take care of yourselves. Say a prayer for Trump, he sure got handed a mess.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all , Fern it was great to see you on that video the other day!! Floyd thanks for that , I hope all are health and fatting up for the summer...LOL I spend most the day around the homestead doing yard work hanging around the garage and taken care of the dog and wife... No shortage of anything here, plenty of good stuff but missing some of the fast food from the local Mom and Pa burger and dog places... but Lucky Wishbone is still having takeout … where's Chuck
Haha..

Have A GREAT WEEK... Try to do something fun...

USA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I have fun at the races and after 60+ years racing I can and do tell some stories. Ducky (Beard) has been to a lot of my adventures. Durham is now locked down so we will probably go back to the country house tomorrow.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Howdy Y'all,

Fern, they started painting my house on Monday and they should be done tomorrow, Saturday latest. Added a big trellis over the patio and the outside wall of the patio. I been here 35 years so I figured it was time to put a coat of paint on. It was a little weatherbeaten.

Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
After 2 postponements painter is supposed to show up Monday. We will see. Funny we have millions out of work and can’t get any help. So far everything has been done inside, remodeled 2 bathrooms and put hardwood, oak, floors in foyer halls and living room. And I hit 79 a couple of days ago. Gas $1.32 yesterday!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, Happy Birthday! I had my 78th on 3-26.

Got all the painting finished Saturday. Perfect timing, started to rain a little yesterday and it's raining now and going to keep raining all week.
Y'all have a goodern. Going into week 3 of hybernation. Guess it's time to place another order with Total Wine & More. They deliver.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Life in virus land goes on.....painters have been here 2 days working on the house trim and I am finishing up the trim on the new wood floors. Beautiful day here in the Carolinas and the honey dos go on. Everyone stay safe. I think Trump and most Dem and Rep Govenors are doing all they can to get us through this. Shame a couple of them have to try to make political hay out of this. You know who they are.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Another wet one out here. It's rained all week long. Today is supposed to be the last one for a while. I hope so, Woody and I both have cabin fever.
Fern, watch your fingers with that saw. You need at least one for the button.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Painting done, floors done, mowed front yard yesterday. Been in the 80s but today 58 is the high. Will get back yard today maybe. Dems once again went home without passing the new stimulus package...Sure fortunate that I don't need their help. Hope everyone is staying safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mrnin Y'all,

Happy Easter to all of us shut-ins that can't go anyhere. Woody and I are just staying warm waiting for the rain to start up again.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd happy Easter to you too and everyone else who posts here West Coast Floyd we got your rain yesterday only for about three hours though now it’s perfect Yardwork time . Everybody stay healthy have a great day.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Late but hope all shut ins had a good Easter. We removed the storm windows and washed 1/2 of the windows in the front of the house. Starting to develop cabin fever. Temp dropped like a rock, 39 here this morning and tonight wind is howling and more rain to come so they say. Sure hope this deal runs its course and we can start moving around a little. Stay safe everyone.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, e got more thismorning but I see the sun shining a little on the horizon so maybe it will blow though.
Fern, I'm waiting for all the rain to stop so I can get my windows washed. They are a mess from all the pressure washing and being taped up. But Woody says he don't care so I guess I don't either.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

We had sunshine yesterday and supposed to have more today. Then the rain comes back for Saturday and Sunday.
Woody and I got to go for a ride yesterday to look at all the shut down shopping centers in town. I'm getting about 2 weeks to a gallon of diesel now with all this limited travel. Diesel is down to 2.79 and we don't go anywhere.
Grocery stores are still runnig out of stuff and can't seem to ccatch up. I've been letting my daughter shop for me but have recently been using Instacart. I've been wanting chicken thighs but the store is always out by the time my shopper gets there. A loccal store had them on sale starting yesterday so I cheated and went and got 15 lbs while they still had them. My daughter yelled at me but I was wearing my mask and there was hardly anybody in the store. In and out in 10 minutes.
You are now up to date on the activities o this shut-in out here in California.
Y'all take care of yourselves and have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In town for a couple of days. Starting today here in Durham, NC it is mandatory to wear a face mask. Not getting better. We are heading back out to the country tomorrow. So far it’s all good out there. Feel sorry for those living in those ant hills where there is no escape for most. Haven’t heard of any tracks doing anything yet here. Anyway everyone stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
I heard Bill Bader say's he's opening up and right after that I heard 4 other tracks were thinking about the same thing. That's called herd mentality. One leads and the others follow.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In another post they say Piedmont and The Rock are opening but I am on both tracks contact list and have heard nothing. NC governor hasn’t loosened up on anything yet. Guess I’ll call and find out. Being old I choose to stay safe. Old saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. And so far as I know there isn’t any cure.