DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got to the beach Sunday on the rain. Weather has been everywhere. 40 this morning. But having a good stay in spite of it. Toe not done yet but it’s doing good so far. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Feel pretty lonely here. Got home from the beach last night. Grass is high, weather is warm with rain coming. Guess everyone is off racing but thought I would check in. Anyone on here race at the new Rockingham this past weekend?

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon all ! Not much going on here, just a lot of yardwork after all the rain this winter. Fern hope that toe is healing good. Been getting the car ready for a team race and ADRA race April 15th so will be doubled up! Vegas Million coming up fast going on Friday and Saturday to help a friend, should be a great time ! Peter knows how to make this race this a great time. Hope to see a lot of friends!

You all have a great week!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We aren't getting much participation here, whats up? One thing I see in racing is locally Rockingham was packed and on the big screen with the turn out at Vegas it is obvious that many racers have a lot of money and time off of work to be able to attend this event. In my opinion these insane turnouts can't survive as races don't finish and since they end up splitting there is never a winner. You only need to stay in until the split. But it is good for the promoter. Also, I turned 82 last week! Everyone stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Fern I'm right behind you.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hello all. I don't post much here.

Happy Birthday Fern!
We have been at the same events but never met. Hope foot is mending.

Hope you are getting back in shape as well Floyd.

Watching the Spring Fling on line and waiting on weather to come in. They cancelled the Phillies Home opener today because of it. They toned down the hail forecast but thunderstorms definitely coming.

As a side note, I was in Vegas for the Spring Fling in 201x

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is that you Bob? I know you are next Floyd--hope you are doing well. I seem to feel good in the AM, do a few chores, then start to feel like ****, then feel better later in the evening. Temp dropped like a rock around here, went from 85 yesterday afternoon to 40+ this morning with plenty of thunder. How do you work with that? I washed PART of the motor home yesterday and unhooked the dolly and put it away--thats it. Damn, thunder just rattled the house awful. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Weather has turned rea\l nice. Low to mid 80's in the day and comfortable at night.
Fired up the minitruck and Woody and I cruised the neighborhood. People were glad to see us, maybe it was just Woody but we had fun.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good morning and happy Tuesday y'all. Hope everyone out there is doing well. Happy belated birthday Fern. Hope that toe is treating you better. Not really much new over here, besides work getting super busy again and now having to take a day or two off after injuring my foot. Nothing like Ferns toe incident though, but have to stay off it for a bit.

Good news for NC racing coming soon. There's a new group starting up, associated with the CCRA. They've formed a group , Carolina Classic Modified Production, which will have their 1st race at Farmington August 26, at the CCRA event. Should be a great show.

Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey you all happy Tuesday to you all . Fern hope you toe is healing up, time for you to start moving around?
Chuck whats up on your car, time to start getting ready to race, haha I know your on top of it!
Floyd glad to hear you and Woody are out and cruising, that heat may get hot this year.
This weekend got team race 5 and ADRA race 7 so I will be busy doubling up. No rest for the wicked, gotta love it! Car is all ready just need to load.

You all have a great day and a gorgeous weekend!

Relaxing

Make my shake a tall chocolate and the burger a double with BBQ sauce, bacon and jalapeño’s and onion rings please!! LOL

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just got back from VA--toe is doing good and if the weather cooperates I'll be back at it in a week or so. That CCRA is what Tabatha runs isn't it? She has done a good job with that. Door car race at Darlington this week and end of the month Fling will be at Galot. I am kind of behind since I been laid up. Glad Nick and Floyd keeping us up with out west. Been a lot of mouth about a couple of tracks only paying 8 places when crowded and also having 2 rounds of buy backs. Don't think that will play out good for them as there are a lot of tracks around here that pay round money. Everyone have a good day and stay safe.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fern, yes sir, CCRA is run by Tabitha Draughon and Leigh Anne Flynt. They've done a great job with CCRA, and I think they are the ones that will be running this new organization as well.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Y’all, I forgot to say we hit a new record 99° today normal average 85. It’s gonna be a wild summer, we quit racing third week of May won’t start up again till second week in September. That’s just not because of the heat it has to do with the rain from the monsoons hits between that time. That’s when we have time to freshen stuff up.

Have a great evening

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hello all, hope all is well.

Atco, NJ got hammered with rain and thunderstorms today. I was at son's hockey game about 10 miles away as the crow flies and got nothing. Came home to a pond in the front yard that only flooded once 15 years ago with a full week of rain.

Nice and calm now and nice temp. Good sleeping weather.

I'll eventually do something with my Chevelle. It needs some TLC. My son expressed an interest in the Jr Street program. So might be teaching a 13 yo to drive!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
About the same here. Wind was leaning the trees over, hail, rain, then it was gone! Sold my extra Smart car Friday after I finally advertised it for sale, took 12 hours. That big race at Darlington had less than 100 entries I see. These things can't continue if racers don't show up. Glad to see Jeff Jones won the first race. Life is good, everyone stay safe.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I actually worked on my car for about 3 hours yesterday. Hooker headers don't fit right as usual so will go out there today and see what I have to bend, cut, bang, or otherwise modify. Might just raise the engine up 1/2 inch. Weather is good, 70 degrees and not a cloud in sight. Everyone stay safe and don't be afraid to post here. Us old guys get lonely, right Floyd?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Finally got the front end aligned on the Nova loading up today test in 2 weeks here tracks just opening if mother nature allows-lol life is good-so far

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 403 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Might be getting somewhere, maybe. I made a new set of motor supports yesterday to raise the motor 1/2 in. Also need to redrill motor plate for that configuration. Hope this all works, we will see. Temp is supposed to be 86 today, glad my garage has AC. Got so much to do around here, grass is high, trees need trimmed, motor home needs washed, and the list goes on. Everyone take care and stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ma Nature can't make up her mind out here either. Suppose to be mid 80's here too.
If I can talk Marty into bringing over the can of 110 he has Woody and I can do burnouts in the driveway with the Minitruck. Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That dam race car is whipping my a$$. Dam Hooker headers! Guess I'll mow the grass today and let car rest. Hot here once more.