DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No worse than me Nick----would have won 2 rounds if I had not tightened it up so much I was behind at the stripe. I mean when I kill 20mph don't you think is enough. Heading back to Baltimore to work on rental in the morning. Everyone have a good holiday weekend if I don't get back to you.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Fern ,Floyd and Chuck .... over the hump and looking for the weekend....

Fern, thanks for that last post , we need to go some rounds soon.....LOL

You all Have a great Holiday weekend....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Y'all,
Our girl Michelle went out in rd 3 of S/G and rd 4 rd S/C. Both very close races. It's Indy guys and everybody is on their game.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Time to move this back to the top.

My daughter is a special ed teacher at a local middle school. She has been through a lot of **** in 29 years but today almost did her in. One of their kids was hit by a car in front of the school this morning. He died in her arms. She's a tough girl but she has never been through this before. I talked to her again last night and she was hanging in there. Between counselors and the police she had been kept busy. I will talk to her again this morning and will see if the shock is weraing off.

All you guys with young kids please teach them safety in cross walks and around traffic. This is a tragic thing that is effecting a lot of people.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the poor lady driver. And my daughter.

Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Floyd---Got back to NC last night after another week in Baltimore. Been hot--dam hot! Another thread on here about the young man hurt in MD at the track. I have known the Dad and Mom since before they were even married and Robbie was born. They are good people and a shame this had to happen. I have seen a lot of bad stuff at the track in my life, some could have been prevented and some could not. But it is worse for me when It is the children. Pay attention folks especially those of you that let your kids take control of your golf carts and ride recklessly through the pits, not good.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all,

Spoke to my daughter this evening and she is coping very well. With the counselors and the police interviews she realizes that she did everything she possibly could. Hopefully she will never have to go through this again.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys ....Floyd that’s some sad News I bet she’ll get over the grief pretty fast she just has to remember at least she was there in his time of need. It takes a very strong person to work with special needs kids so I believe she will be alright, Time seems to heal everything . She is one special person .

Fern, that kid that got hit at the MD track is a real trooper, I have been following his Accident and feel real bad for him. He took a real bad hit.

My prayers are going out for both

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick. Her specialty is mentally and emotionally challenged children, Lot's of them from broken homes or drug homes. She's had 12 and 13 year old pregnant girls, bullies and even been threatened with a knife. One time she was sued by a parent cause she kicked a kid out of class for bringing a knife to school.
She's tuff, a little extra wine this weekend will probably help.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd I truly believe God will bless your daughter. People like her are hard to find anymore. She is special herself. Years ago I grew up next to a family that had 4 Retarded children. They taught me a lot. They were harmless and loved anyone. Your daughter is a blessing to people with special needs. Will say a prayer for her and the childs family.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Floyd I truly believe God will bless your daughter. People like her are hard to find anymore. She is special herself. Years ago I grew up next to a family that had 4 Retarded children. They taught me a lot. They were harmless and loved anyone. Your daughter is a blessing to people with special needs. Will say a prayer for her and the childs family.

Thank you, Footlose,

She and her husband couldn't hve kids so they adopted.
Elo the oldest just got back from a year in Poland with the Army and now wants to go to Asia.
Angel the youngest is a senior in high school and other than being the sweetest kid you ever met he will be flipping burgers for the rest of his life. He came from an addict mother and been mentally afflicted. Angel just wentto his first prom last with his girl friend, who is also a special needs child. They look just as normal as any couple in the world but just a little slow.
I am very proud of my daughter and theperson she has become.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Did everybody disappear or did I go to far off track talking about my daughter?

We are having lovely weather out here but we could use some rain. Me and Woody are still just chillin and enjoying life.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not even Floyd. Hurricane came to NC so we came up to MD and no computer. Doing this on my phone. Has rained every day here but life is good. Daughter has last cancer treatment tomorrow so that part will be over. Any way catch you later.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good to hear, Fern. You take care give my best to your daughter.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all who read here, seems like most are like me very busy at working and not posting. Its hump day and soon we will have another weekend to be off work....LOL If your like me I do more work at home than I do in the shop.....but what's new.

Floyd, Good to hear you and Woody are going better with the cooler weather, Woody would like more of the cruising the neighborhood I bet.

Fern, sure hope no have no major loss after the storm, glad you got out of there before it hit.

Guy's Have A Great day...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sorry I've been slacking. It's been pretty busy up here, and I haven't gotten to race much. My parents moved yesterday, been helping them out. Adding in to that, Tropical Storm Gordon 2 weeks ago brought down a tree above their house, into another tree, and the domino effect put a tree in their backyard, just missing their house. Another foot and it would have been a disaster. Last weekend was cutting that up, cleaning up the branches, and feeding the chipper, in addition to moving stuff over to their new house. All went well, and they're happy. I had to miss the 2 $5ks at KRP last weekend, and we got rained out of the last 2 points days because of Gordon. I didn't qualify, but bracket finals are this weekend, and I'll be there, helping out and cheering on my friends.

Floyd, your daughter is a special person. Sorry to hear about her student.

Fern, great to hear about your daughter, I hope she beat that ******* so badly it never wants a part of her again.

Nick, what's your next race?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all... Hey Chuck you have your hands full that's for sure. No changes going on out here , been going out to the desert snake hunting just for fun , catch and release program....LOL

Chuck, if you lived out here you could be racing in ET Finals , both tracks have not got full teams as of last week.... I don't have time to go but wishing them good luck...As for me I'll go out and support the Super Chevy Show second week in October , they always have a good car show turn out , very few come to race so I been asked to help out and race. After that third week of the month have a Arizona Super Street two day deal( being tied for 4th and just 2 rounds out of first for the season) and also on the same weekend Arizona Drag Racing Assoc. race so will double up both days.

I've said to much , You all Have A Great DaY!!!!

It's so Hot

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck heard you had a great weekend in the tower, Alright......

clapping

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

All kinds of good racing coming up and I can't go. ET finals in Vegas, CHRR at Bakersfield. Damn! Marty has got SEMA coming up and he's busy as hell. Plus they are going to move the warehouse sometime the end of next month. Lease rates have got so high here he has to move or close down. His rent is going from 13k a month to 19k and it just doesn't pencil out. I'll be bringing the hay hauler home for a while so I better get busy making some room.
Fern, you all cleaned up from Florence yet?
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all...... But really me, Floyd, Fern , and Chuck is a strange all....LOL

Not much going on here, a little cleaning a on the car for Super Chevy Show in a few weeks. Most are getting ready for Div.7 Et Finals , I have more friends in Showdown better known as Race of Champions this year than in the past 3 years combined ..... and me having to work just sucks big time....

Floyd , those rents are just not right. There are so many empty warehouses near the old Arias Pistons location , but I'm sure if he is moving he has a good building to move into. Sorry you cant make to your favorite races this year. Bad thing about ET Finals there is zero internet coverage....

OH well , To all Have A Great Day....

Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern left town Floyd. I am 10 mi from home right now waiting out a thunder storm. I’ll let you know how it went but from my neighbor it looks like everything is ok. Later