DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe tomorrow---So I head to town today and they were working on every road I went down.....Took all day for a 1/2 day trip. Gas is down here about $.40 a gallon. It was $3.04. Pollen is awful, my grey Smart car is yellow! Eyes watering, nose running, and coughing. Give me a break!!!! Later

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B King thats a long ride. I once went from here to Pamona, back to West Palm Beach, then back here to NC. The mess I had was 72++ feet long. Never again. Just remember to see them while you have them, parents! I keep working on the car but its a long haul. After moving the engine only 1/2 in nothing fits. Spent yesterday on fabricating exhaust from headers back on one side as I finally got parts from Summit. Also cut down a peach tree mama been complaining about forever. Pollen still awful but it has been good weather otherwise. I guess Nicks off racing and Floyd is hiding. I may get back to it today and weld the pipe I have done together, every little bit helps. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Trying to leave today, dad is released from the hospital today. He's starts hospice when he gets home.

I was having the truck serviced at the dealer. It flagged an EGR code, valve is bad. The way it's going, I'll have to leave tomorrow.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all! Not much going on here in the desert SW . Team Tucson all done and waiting for ET Finals in Vegas come October. There’s a few other club races but I’m taking a break. May go to Boise for Nights Of Fire but still just thinking about it, long tow as I remember 28 hours one way.

Fern how is that toe doing, sounds like you been pretty busy with you home and car.
Floyd what’s going on you and woody been doing ok?
BKing is setting himself for a real good time driving the country and racing as he goes.

Hope everyone here has a Great weekend.

I could use a chocolate shake, make it a large one please!

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
N ick,
Everything is good out here. Weather is is great.
Fern won't complain to much. He knows they shoot horses. LOL!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
BKing is setting himself for a real good time driving the country and racing as he goes.

I wish that was still the case! Last Thurs. My dad's health took its final turn to the finish line. I scrambled to make it home 1,900+ miles with only 1.5 hours sleep on the trip.

While it wasn't one of his first questions, he did ask if I brought the race car. I chuckled a little bit & told him that it wasn't the priority for this earlier than planned trip.

We've been busy tending to dad's final needs along with hospice. Luckly my sister is an RN & that's a big plus for this situation.

As for my summer racing plans now, I don't know!

Right now taking care of dad's needs & wants, then take care of the trust/estate.

Take care everyone!

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BKing sorry about this happening but it does and life will go on trust me. I have been there 3 times. Parents and first wife, its rough.

Floyd you are right, its a waste of time to complain and I don't need a pity party. But--my toe is all healed up finally but is red for some reason.

Trying to work on race car as I can. Made a reducer, welded it up and put it on along with the rest of the exhaust on one side yesterday. I will start on the same deal for the other side today. I am making progress but it sure is slow. Had to take 1/2 day to cut down a peach tree to make Mama happy. Check engine light came on in my F-150, misfire in number 2 cylinder. Always something.

Everyone take care and be safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
It's Woody's 7th birthday today.

That is all. clapping

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everybody, BKing sorry to hear that I’ve done it with my parents my wife’s parents too . No way to easy the pain of these but sounds like having your sister is a big help. Before my dad pass he wanted to see a picture of my race car and then said “if your not winning the car better look good”

Floyd wish Woody a happy birthday from me!

Praying My prayers go out

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You bake Woody a cake? Thats 49 in people years.

Made some progress on car today then went backwards. Tired tonight.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Close enough. He got breakfast and Puperoni treats.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow Floyd that’s great ! He got more than me on my last birthday! Haha

Happy Birthday

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
I buy the big package of Pupperoni so I'm sure Woody will share.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another set back. Realize that I drove this car into the garage and as far as the motor, all I did was raise it up so I could get new headers on it. Started it Friday and I think it has spun a bearing! New motor still not ready so I am dead in the water. Came close to buying another car Sat--just what I need. Health is pretty good so I guess I better get to work and count my blessings. Everyone stay safe. And keep posting, been 6 days

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern was the car another Olds ? Maybe you could use another cool car. HMMMM

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. I use to go to Yellow Bullet first thing in the morning but now i come here first. Nothing like some smack talk, good old fashion beat downs and slinging mud. To all of the contributors, keep up the great work. You guys rock.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
Good morning everyone. I use to go to Yellow Bullet first thing in the morning but now i come here first. Nothing like some smack talk, good old fashion beat downs and slinging mud. To all of the contributors, keep up the great work. You guys rock.

Tip PC Mornin y'all!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It was a Camaro Nick----Yep, a CAMARO!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well with everyone!

We are busy following mom & dad's wishes; everything is good.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436