DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I never was fond of Hooker Headers. I switched to custom ones several years ago. Got the ground clearance I needed and tubing size.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Several years ago Floyd---the only good custom place around here said "not any time this year" so I thought I would try. Mowing grass today was much simpler and relaxing. Still hot.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anybody on classracer.com would know anybody down in your area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I hadn't sold out 23 years ago I could have built my own. Had a tubing bender and plenty of stainless tubing and I know how to tig weld. But that was then and this is now. I still have a welding machine and some metal fabrication skills and HAND tools so here we go. You should see the hack job on the ones I took off! But they worked somewhat for several years. Life is short but it does go on.. I might look at it some more today, its raining. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Nothing new over here aside from working my arse off the past couple weeks. A little good news I suppose. Wifes retirement checks, (pension), started this month, so hopefully I'll get to keep some of my $$$ to set aside for the hotrods now.

Have a friend whos son has his EV on display at Charlotte 4 wides this weekend. I don't think he's in any competition, but I heard they may have been planning to have him do an exhibition run. With the delays I've heard about, that may have been scratched though.

Fern, pretty sure I have a set of headers from my 77 Chevy Malibu, SBC, stuck in the shed. Been parked there since 2002, and haven't been on an engine since roughly 1988. You're welcome to them at no cost if they'll work for you. I can look around for them if you're interested. Don't remember brand, but I think they're Hooker.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

I actually did something race car related today! Aired up the tires, measured rear rim bs since found a set for spares, blew out the cobwebs and leaves since it's been outside. Baby steps!

Had a break in the rain in the late afternoon. Supposed to be wet all day Sunday.

On a good note, that might have got me motivated, I won an Optima battery from the Spring Fling Chat room contest!
Now 98 other things to address.
Trans crossmember,drive shaft,shocks,heim joints,brakes,..
Already got new tires ready to go. Bought last year.
Also going forward, every thing I do needs to be streetable. I'm looking into comfortable seats,real carpet, sound deadener,.. The FG seats aren't going to cut it for street duty. Would like to take on trips to the shore, Cecil County, MG,.. Also a quietish exhaust. Wishing I saved what I gutted and sold to have a race car.

I have a thought of using the transmission cooler as a heater core for fall days and to keep windows clear in the lanes.

Have a good Sunday. I'll be at son's street hockey game if weather is not to bad.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BTR69 thanks for the offer but since I have an OLDS engine small block headers would really take some modifying. Fling was a bust for me as every time I decided to go it rained and when it was supposed to rain it didn't. In the end, they got it done. And how about JJ on the mike? Other announcers should take some lessons form this young man. The apple don't fall far from the tree, his dad should be proud.
I am still mad at my car but intend to go out there today and give it another shot. Raining here today. Every one stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin, Fern!
We've had real nice weather for a few days but that stops tomorrow with rain coming back again.
Just like the rest of the country. Ever place you look there are weather delays.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all! Looks like most here working hard on there cars, which is a good thing. The weather out here has been dry and 10 degrees above average for this time of the year , real close to 100. Heard it will be cooling down for next weekend, team race 6 and 7. Car is ready but still need to pull oil filter after last race, just to be sure everything is good to go. Watched a lot of the Million last week, JJ did a great job and interview with Peter was a good one. Hope everyone is in good health and stay active it will keep you young.

You all have a good Sunday and a great week ahead .

It's so Hot

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hello all, hope everything is going as you wish!

JRED, I was thinking about Tuscon for your next races. I traded it for racing in CA & lower 70* temps!

ChuckT you're on call, here's a shout out for you! I've been neglecting this thread also.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cool today and thunder showers have moved on. I finally visited my car yesterday and after a couple of hours determined that although I draw well, measure well, and weld well I don't cut very accurately. So I have learned that if you are 1/4 inch off on each of the motor supports the holes don't line up well. I have remade one and will go out and try to get the other done and installed today. Will see how it goes from there. Times like these make me wish I had a more conventional car like a Camaro etc or a Ford where you can get parts at the 7-11.

Glad a few visit now and then, stay safe.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Same weather here Fern. Cloudy and cool.

Had a tree limb find my pole barn roof last night .Only put a hole through the metal.
Actually looking to add a skylight now since I don't have windows. Some natural light would be nice.
Need to get some tree trimming done!
I'll assess the situation and see what I can do on my own, then call my tree guy! I don't want to be on YouTube for that! I had a new pole chainsaw that I loaned out to never see but again.

Friend in the hospital, thought Kidney Stones but more serious. Surgery today. Haven't heard anything as of yet.

All take care.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well as it turns out if you follow your own drawings and do it all the right way the bolts fall right in---DUUUU!!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd have we missed your Birthday? Not much participation on here lately. Car is coming along but it is hard for an 82 year old to do all of this alone. Stuff didn't used to be this heavy! I raised the engine 1/2 inch which presented its own set of problems, even had to cut a notch in the floor because of the Ultra Bell on the transmission. Then all of that mess had to be at the perfect angle to get the bell housing past the fly wheel and matched up to the motor. Its in there. Lots more to do but at least I am making progress. Still need to weld up my mufflers etc to fit the new headers. Got an acre of grass out there that may get my attention today and let my aching bones have a break. every one come on in and stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
No you didn't miss it. It was 3-26. Right around yours. Guys and a number of other people.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I get mixed up as you are almost a year younger than me. So how you doin?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
When you get our age it doesn't really matter as much as it used to.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yard 1/2 mowed, cooked a pot of spaghetti, then rested. It was really to nice to be working outside. Might get back to my race car today. Later

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got yard mowed couple of days back then worked on car till I about dropped. Had other priorities so have not got back out there. Weather has been outstanding, high 70s and not a cloud in sight. Racing has started picking up around here so makes me want to get after the car more. Got some parts coming from Summit. Taking a ride to town today to do banking, take trash, and get groceries. Got to take a ride once in a while when you live in the country. I liked that no buy back race at Beech Bend, KY. Others should try that, it seemed to work in the past. Sure is lonely in here--hope everyone is ok.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Fern,

Get out there & get that car done. The race car should always be the priority, just kidding.

Some of my previous season race plans have changed with my dad's health issues. The big trip back to MI for racing in June - Sept. is subject to change for same reasons. Dad is adamant that I bring the race rig/car & not work the whole time I'm back home. As it stands today, getting things ready for the cross-country trip! Wink

2BKING hopes all is well with everyone also!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post