DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Glad you had a good time. You know better than most there's only one winner a round. Hey, you cashed a little bit. LOL
Sounded like you and them were having a good time up there in the tower. I can see why you go back every year. You Da Man

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its like a family reunion. And I got one of those this week. Fuel companies got to love me.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Floyd,couldn't get out of third round Friday and Saturday. I was 46 to Jamie Holstein's 34 Friday, and knew I was toast, rolled out of the throttle. Saturday I had an awesome run in the reentry round. 006, under 2 thou, to a 001 red, 001 under. That would have been fun up top. I rematched with the same guy in the Vega, Garrett Gilbert, for my first entry third round, and had a complete loss of focus, jumped it red, and he was almost as bad red behind me. I got myself together for my second entry, concentrated, chasing a Stocker 3rd Gen Camaro. I went 001 red, and was mad all the way down the track. Get my time slip, and he was 000. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Carried both into second round Sunday, and get Brad Plourd in Chevy II. He's dialed 7.29 in a 6.50 car, so I know what his plan is, and was ready for it. Or would have been, but was 005 red. Go back up for my second entry an hour later to get paired up with.... Brad Plourd! This time he was dialed 6.55, but I missed it, 46 to his 17. I pedaled it and he dumped for me to take 004, but 20 under to his 13 above, nothing I could do. Great time, everything Fern said is true. I got to announce the reentry round Sunday, until the rain came and I had to go button up my stuff. I had planned on signing off with a shout out to the GM thread here, and DRR land, along with some folks. It was awesome seeing Fern, Jed, Steve, and meet some more folks.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a good time.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was up there in the booth when Chuck was announcing. Good times. I am now up in the mountains of WV chilling for a few days. Nothing happening but getting some good food every day. Later

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
it's hot out here but it's summer time so it's to be excepted.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Spent the day in the pit at the outdoor Club gun range, temperature was in the mid to low 90's with very little humidity....perfect! Brought the 9, the 40 and the 1911, has a blast, actually nearly 200. Next week the Garand M1, the 12 and the 20.

My son Rob is going to Bakersfield to start the T/S licensing process soon, just waiting for the right weekend. He had Willy Rells move a few thing for a better fit and visibility in the car. The guy is an amazing fabricator, the finish product is better than you expect, clean and professional.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The 1911 is a Springfield but made in Brazil. A duplicate of a Military issue but with a 4 oz trigger pull. My 9 has a 14 to 15 oz pull, it takes some serious effort to fire the dang thing. At my age I'm shaking like a leaf in a strong wind trying to pull the trigger. NOT a competition piece. I'm looking for a drop in trigger replacement with a lighter pull. Any suggestions?

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rob is helping Steve Schneider with the T/D in Denver. After T-1 they are #7.

What's next for you and Jeff?

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sonoma, BF then??
Back on the pump with the 780. Gotta feed it..
Waiting on Onan parts for my trailer and car.

I’ll text you later

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4471 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well life is good here. Been hot, don't care as so far my a/c is working fine. But the wind when these thunder showers strike are hard on my tree limbs. I have parked my car till I can get a new motor and trans in it--might be winter. Lots of people missing here, wheres Nick? Watched the race at Newmedia over the weekend and it was nice to see a $50K race without the traveling hitters none were there--NONE. Local racer Kyle Biggly won the $50K and no split, NONE. Sad to hear that Serrra got killed in a car wreck, nice kid gone to soon. Anyway stop in once in a while and say hello.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fern, this race was full of “traveling hitters” from NJ, NY, CT, MD, Canada and probably a few other states. A few racers even attended Sean Serra’s funeral on Thursday and Friday before making the trip to Numidia and let’s not forget the hitters from PA no mind the Numidia regulars are as tough as any in the country. If you can win at Numidia, you can win anywhere in the country.

That said, thanks again for acknowledging Kyle’s big win. Stay cool and be safe.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening all! I’ve been here a lot I just reading. Got a little rain lots of heat but still in a serious drought situation. Fern and Chuck Been having some good times But the foot brake race. I got to hear chuck announcing and Was lucky to you two racing.

Got to catch Kyle and Ed win big, What a great final congratulations to both of those two. Amazing Tight racing I they got it done. I no split top it off ! Ed Did a great job getting the car ready keep it maintained throughout the race

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Warm out here this weekend, but it is looking dry. $1500 to win gamblers tomorrow here, going to at least try to be the last no box car, for a $250 bonus. I've been getting whupped on, putting up decent packages, but not enough, and a couple of .00x red lights.

Fern, who do you use for engines? I'm pulling mine once the season is over. I have a set of older Edelbrock heads to go on, and want to stay lower compression so I can be on a pump gas mix still. I used Smitty last time, but he's in TN now, and out of the game last I heard. Thinking about Bill Trovato, if I can afford him, and he can meet my timeframe. I want to talk to Bud too, think he uses someone in MD.

Bob, nice, 1911 I think will be my next purchase. Good to see you stopping in, and Barry too as well as Ed.

Nick, you look pretty warm out there. Be careful, my friend!

Ice cream time. You all have a good weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck my guy isn't taking on any more customers cause he is as old as I am. Back in the old days he was featured in many racing mags for his ability with Olds engines, once going through 3000+ rocker arms to get 16 that were perfectly the same for his stocker. Dam that. But I will ask him for you. My motor has 5 years and who knows how many runs. First hit was 2 6.58s in a row. At same sea level last time was 6.63 never changing the dial in in 3 days. Good to see you at Bristol. You could have tried for some of that best winning and losing package loot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Man been a week since anyone posted here. Come on in and say hello Ed, we need to keep Mike Hawks thread going. Fern is good.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm posting from where I shouldn't be. I'm in themhospital.I took another header and have no idea why. I don't remember going down. I woke up a couple of hours later and couldn't get up. I called my neighbor and he came right down.He called my other neighbor and they showed up after him Hem got me up in a chair and tried to talk to me. My speech was slurred and I was real dusy. They called 911.
So I got admittedand thev'e been running all kinds of tests. Yheonly thing they've come up with so far is a very low sodium lTevel that could have made me pass out.
It's now day 3 and the sodium level has come to normel with 3 I.V's.
Cardiologist didn't like the EKG'smso he ran a different 3 today and hqd the do a CIT on my brain. A stress test tomorrow and maybe I'll get to go hom. They want to find out why I get dizzy and fall down. We'll seem I got no fukin idea.
Good night y'all.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention no evidence of stroke or heart attack.
I got admitted for alow sodium level so gave aS odium IV solution. So what do they serve for food? A slat free menu. Make sense?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I'm posting from where I shouldn't be. I'm in themhospital.I took another header and have no idea why. I don't remember going down. I woke up a couple of hours later and couldn't get up. I called my neighbor and he came right down.He called my other neighbor and they showed up after him Hem got me up in a chair and tried to talk to me. My speech was slurred and I was real dusy. They called 911.
So I got admittedand thev'e been running all kinds of tests. Yheonly thing they've come up with so far is a very low sodium lTevel that could have made me pass out.
It's now day 3 and the sodium level has come to normel with 3 I.V's.
Cardiologist didn't like the EKG'smso he ran a different 3 today and hqd the do a CIT on my brain. A stress test tomorrow and maybe I'll get to go hom. They want to find out why I get dizzy and fall down. We'll seem I got no fukin idea.
Good night y'all.

Jesus Floyd! Get well d -ammit! Pray all is well.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4471 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd if it’s any comfort I did about the same in FL last year. They ruled out heart attack, stroke, etc and to this day don’t know why I fell out. Been doing fine ever since so hopefully so will you. We just got to keep going till the end of the road shows up. Get well soon.