DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Anything for a pal and his family.
You Da Man

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Look like its been a few days so I'll give it a go. Took my old car to Farmingtons T&T Friday and 3 hits, 3 identical tickets. But it still feels to me like it don't go into high gear as crisp as it should. Been advised that it might be the converter so I am going to replace that and see. Watched the MIR race some over the week end was glad to see "Loose Change" take the top spot over Alan Glat yesterday as well as going the most rounds for the weekend. He had to win the race to knock off John Dustin. Looked like they had a good crowd each of the 3 days. Anyway hope everyone had a good week end. Stay safe and be careful.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well good afternoon everyone. Nothing going on here in the desert southwest got some heat today coming in well 106. This weekend with a man’s telling us it’s going up to 114 that’s about 12° above normal. Racing is done for the summer we will be picking up again first week in September. Fuel prices here are just ridiculous just like everyone else got To blame it on the liberals but I think fern knows Best about this as he is very close to his oil

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Yeah, Nick, it's that time of the year again. Do we blame climate change for summer coming at this time every year? Actually I think we are cooling off a bit out here. I can remember when it used to get hot but I don't see it in the near future.
I can remember back in the late 60's when I was working at Ft Irwin in Barstow it got from 115 to 120 everyday for a while. The base would sound a siren at about noon and that was a signal to find some shade and hunker down for a few hours. But I was a lot younger then so I could handle it. Not so anymore.
It's so Hot
Y'all have a gooden. Woody and I are going to hunker down till this evening.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its about 90 here and 62% humidity. If weather holds I am going back to Farmington tomorrow night to test and if that works and depending on weather I will race on Sat. Nick thinks its hot, one of my first jobs was working for an A/C outfit in Tucson and I have fond memories of snaking refrigerant lines through the attic of a funeral home when it was 110 outside. No telling how hot it was in that attic. Back then those that had any A/C only had those evaporative coolers on the roof. It was hot. Looked like on another thread someone thought I worked for Jenkins---Wrong! Everyone be safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Talking about air conditioning I can remember working on evaporated coolers on my parents homes all the time. Only the very rich had air-conditioning back then. When I first got married we first had a small thousand foot square-foot house it has evaporator coolers I double tap the pads put two pumps in it could be 110 outside in the well below 68° inside. I would also divert the air from inside the home into the attic. When the monsoon came was a nightmare. Humidity above 30% and those evaporative coolers we’re just blowing air. I’m sure Fern remembers that five minutes.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Quote;
Looked like on another thread someone thought I worked for Jenkins---Wrong! Everyone be safe.

Who would that be? I certainly didn’t think that. I meant what you knew….. Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. I'm looking forward to racing this weekend after none last weekend, hoping the weather cooperates. Our last points day on May 28, Keystone gave everyone the chance to remember someone that passed, whether they were a racer, crew, fan, or anyone they wanted to remember. I had the honor of reading the list before the parade lap went down the track. Lot of names, lot of emotion. I went out second round both classes, messed up the stripe in Mod, and went red in Top.

Nick, all that talk of heat, whew, I'd burst into flame out there. I haven't even put my window unit in yet here. We had a pretty hot weekend last month, but rain has chased it out of here before it hits close to 90 next Wednesday.

Floyd, I've worked at the track at the head of staging and in the burnout box, but never in that kind of heat. I might spontaneously combust if I did.

Fern, did you swap converters? I hope you get to race and light some lamps. I'm looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the WFC.

Barry, how much do you get to race out there?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck. Mine- not enough but we race the Top Sportsman GTO quite a bit..
I'm finishing a new stocker motor at S&S Automotive (Rick, Jeff and Dave Santos helping us both cars) right now and a new bracket motor too.
I've been my worst enemy ! Couple of bad breaks...
I am looking forward to racing Redding, Sac and Bakersfield but not sure Sonoma wants us there....
Did I mention Ca sucks? They hate racing!
Saw today four fires started at sonoma raceway, was told smoking?? Not tires either... LOL!

Bottom line- I retired and the race car money took a hit!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck good to see you posting got a love it . We have finished seven races have one more Second weekend of September so everybody here is working to get their stuff happening for the fall winter races. First week in May we had a race and I overdid it wrenching my back, so the next race was May 28 my back was worse than ever but I lost fifth round as the sprag in the converter went away. Two of my buddies picked up my car for a different converter in But I couldn’t get in or there out of the car on June 4 race. That kinda really pissed me off what are you gonna do. Saturday and Sunday news just said 114. Oh well we got No racing here till September 1. Good luck racing, it’s your and Fern turn for a win !

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BP my reading comprehension is a little slow sometimes. Converter?, I am stuck with what I have as everyone has a different opinion of what is wrong so I will leave it as is until after Bristol. Then change it all. It works most of the time, if it don't oh well. Nick I didn't know it was hot as a young person, I didn't know any better. You can't go back but Tucson was a good place for me as a teenager. Probably not a million people in the whole state. The good old days.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
T&T at Farmington didn't work out to good. Car acted the same but it hooked hard, came down hard, and put a small crack in the oil pan. Looked like it might have contacted the steering drag link. Anyway I spent the night and Sat turned out to be a perfect day for racing and the place was packed. I got to see a ton of people that I haven't seen in awhile. Its a good track to go to, good people and well run. Had a good time and that is what it is all about.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK where is everyone? Been real hot here. Pan is fixed but still need to find out what caused it. Come on in guys

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all and Fern.
Weather has been fairly nice out here, not too hot yet.
Haven't poste much because all I do is ***** about fuel prices.
Have a gooden, y'all!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Got a little surprise this morning with thunder lightning, sprinkles and power flickering. I only got a little rain but someplaces around here got a lot and hail too.
Just got a flash flood warning on my phone.

Y'all have a gooden. Dancing Cat

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd as I type this it is 95 here. I think TV said it was either tied for the hottest day on record or it was a new high for this date. Thank heavens for a/c in the garage. Be ready to roll to Bristol this time next week. My friend and I decided a while back to do as last year and put up $500 for the best package for the weekend. We decided today to put up another $500 for the first perfect run in competition and if no perfect run add it to the best package. Thats cash folks no gift certificates or discounts on our products (we don't have any) Cash you can buy fuel with! Everyone stay safe and drink water

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

That's real cool. Everybody loves cash.
What is going on at Bristol? I can't keep track of all the races back there.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
World Foot Brake Challenge Floyd. 15th or 16th year I think. Last year we had 3 with .001 package so they had a runoff for the cash. Drag racing has given my friend and I a lot over the years so this is our way to give a little back. No discounts, gift certificates, etc just green back $$$ The race will be on Motor Mania, WFC I think it says. Take a look

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK our first idea had one person winning the whole $1000 so we are changing it. Best winning package gets $500 and best LOSING package gets the other $500. In case of a tie either way we will have a runoff. Is that better?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns at Bristol