DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Just 10 gallons for now prob get a drum. Because of my sponsor Ben, we were able to test a bunch of fuel for my motor a few years ago. I wore it out on the dyno! Headers, cams, carbs, valve settings, cold, hot and oils too. With his help I learned a bunch.
ERC
Sunoco
Rocket Fuel
C11
C12
C14
C25
Every fuel had timing and fuel sweeps, same eng and oil temp.

I fired it up today, set the timing. Cooled it down and did a couple of stalls against the converter then a burnout to seat the rings. Plugs look great!
I was on the chip!!! It’s been 4+ expensive years but I am very pleased. Delivery

Thanks for the update.

I really haven't loaded the refreshed motor in the 68 yet. I did 1 or 2 high gear part throttle rolls with it. I've never checked the converter stall. Guess, that's a plan now;full stall launch out of the shop.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Came back out here with the cows yesterday. Looks like Mike Hawks thread has reached 700 pages thanks to some of us who never stop.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
No reason for it to stop. We don't have the volume of people we used to have but we still have the ones that like to exchange toughts and ideas. Right

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

I fired it up today, set the timing. Cooled it down and did a couple of stalls against the converter then a burnout to seat the rings. Plugs look great!
I was on the chip!!! It’s been 4+ expensive years but I am very pleased. Delivery

Thanks for the update.

I really haven't loaded the refreshed motor in the 68 yet. I did 1 or 2 high gear part throttle rolls with it. I've never checked the converter stall. Guess, that's a plan now;full stall launch out of the shop.

I put the 68 on full stall this morning (twice). The stall was tighter than I like, 5400. It probably needs 800-1000 more stall. Oh well, it's not the primary car anyway.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
700 !!! Nice , missing Chuck posting .Need to pull that converter and send it in !! It’s always something. that’s right were mine stalls at but it’s a small 383 running high 10.20s at 4800 adjusted! Only 128 -129 mph, in PHX 10.10s at 3,000 adjusted. Fast as I want without all the 9.99 extra certs!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
700 !!! Nice , missing Chuck posting .Need to pull that converter and send it in !! It’s always something. that’s right were mine stalls at but it’s a small 383 running high 10.20s at 4800 adjusted! Only 128 -129 mph, in PHX 10.10s at 3,000 adjusted. Fast as I want without all the 9.99 extra certs!!!

That 68 Camaro is our secondary car & a total pain the pull the trans. It really needs about a 6,400 stall, but it's going to have to wait.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Came back to town last night. They let up on some restrictions last night. Plenty of meat in local stores and they are selling chicken out of trailers several places. My converter turned out to be ok but still don’t know about trans. Sounds like a packed house at Darlington but cold. Hope everyone is ok and be safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

You're lucky. Meat is in short supply out here which doesn't make sense. We have a couple of huge feed lots in Central California, Farmer Jon for pork and lot's of chicken ranches. Costco has a limit of 3 packages of meat either poultry, pork or beef or a combination of one each. A local Sam's club hasn't had any meat for 2 weeks. Our super markets are selling out early in the morning. Luckily my daughter scored me a 10 lb rib eye roast yesterday. Last one they had. And only a 4 pack of tp. Woody is going to have to do without tp for a while.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kathy has Dr appointment at 1 then heading back out in the country. Floyd I have 300 head of cattle across the street and 4 chicken houses near by. I’ll get some meat!!!! They raced at Darlington this weekend. Had a full house but from what I heard didn’t go well. 1st race stopped after 2nd round at 1 am. Haven’t heard about Sunday. But they did race

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I stay on top of it cause I pay attention to what goes on sale and use my vacuum sealer. I'm more careful than others.
I hope you're good friends with the cattle guy.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went for a ride in the country today. Stopped at a small town "we have everything" market and surprise, plenty of meat, toilet paper, paper towels, water, and hand sanitizer. Stopped at Wal Mart 15mi away and they were picked clean. My car is still in pieces and don't know about the trans yet. At the mercy of the local rebuilder. Floyd we are always over run with eggs as another neighbor has laying hens....we aren't going to starve.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I don't know what it is with TP. The stores run out early This lock down must have caused a lot of people to get the runs by eating their own cooking. LOL.
Much to my daughters chagrin I'm going to have to make a grocery run. The Instacart thing is okay but the people doing the shopping Aren't as choosy as I am. My next door neighbor has convinced me to start doing some baking. I make killer quiches and cheesecakes and she wants some. So I gotta do some shopping. I will wear my mask and carry my O2 and ride around in the little electric cart.
Y'all have a gooden

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Oh, a buddy of my boy has a friend that has a friend who died in March and his wife has a couple of cars for sale down in Lake Havasu. She has a '57 4 door wagon he was working on that has a 350/350 in it but the front end is all off cause he was putting power steering and disc brakes on it. She wants $15k with a trailer. I'm not looking for a project. But she also has a '56 Belair 2 door post with a 327 and a Muncie, American daisy wheels, good interior and headliner, no rust, paint 2 tone dark grey with white top, about 2 years old I had a friend in Havasu go check it out and he said it was straight and good shape except the engine has an oil leak. Probably a rear main seal.It's a plain jane 327 so it needs some ginger bread put on it. She's asking $25k obo. I'm tempted but there again, I don't need a project. If I could steal it for 15 I'd throw some money at it and flip it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You need some of the deals my friend gets---they GIVE them to him. Last one is a 65 Baracuda with a tri power motor in it. I could not list all of the good stuff he gets for free because he has a junk yard, they don't know what they have, and just want it gone so they can park their Prius in the garage.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I threw the 15K offer out there and she said no thanks. She's in no hurry so she will wait. I don't need it anyhow. I've got the hay hauler that seldom gets used. Since my boy got his new Shelby GT500 the hay hauler has been put on the back burner again.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd a lot of people our age and a little younger are going to end up stuck with these 50s cars because the age group that loves them is dying off and the Honda boys could care less about a SS 396 Chevelle or 57 Chev.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I still see a lot of the early cars running around here on weekends. True, most are older drivers but there is some real nice stuff out there. I went by the race shop the othr day and there was a Chevelle SS 454 and a big block camaro there. Both real nice.
On another note my boys 2008 Shelby leaves today for Juno Alaska. Buyer just flew in and is going to drive it to Seattle then ferry it to Juno. He told the guy it wasn't a prius so he better be prepared to make a lot of gas stops. LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He didn't keep that long. Brother has a 70 SS Chevelle LS 6 4spd he got new and has 13,000+ miles on it. Brother in law has some of the new Shelbys + one of those factory fast Mustang race cars with the snake on the side. Broter claims Chevelle has never been rained on. My 65 GTO has 19,000 on it. I sold my 65 GTO Conv 3 years ago come July.....It was a perfect driver but I had it 30+ years and thought it was time for it to go + someone wanted it

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
The '07 Shelby is one he has had for several years. He did a lot of modifications to it so it isn't legal here. The new 2020 he just got he will have for a while. He has this thing for high horsepower and forced induction. I don't think he will mess with it. He says the 760 hp is incredibly strong. I haven't even seen the new one yet.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was mixed up, thought it was the one he just got. Had to come in, 90+ outside. Turned the a/c on in the garage but its nit cool yet.....