DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I guess everyone is sleeping. Snowed here last night. First time this year 20s today and tomorrow and 60--70 this weekend I guess. Racing starts in a couple of weeks. Started the car a couple of days ago and it acts like it is ready to go as is the motor home. Still have to get my bottom pulley machined to fit an Olds crank shaft so I can run an alternator. But thats minor since I have ran without it for a couple of years. Hope everyone is alright as its awful quiet on here.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morrnin Fern,,
We've finally got some decent weather out here and some rain is coming in tomorrow. It's only suppose to last a day so it ain't goin to mess up racin too much.

Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, Mike Rice seems to have changed the schedule around in Arizona just incase the rain comes in and kills most of Saturday ...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, The rain passed through here early this morning. Weather channel say's you are going to get it till tonight. Today might be done. Ryan went out first rd, gave up the stripe, and Brian went out 2nd rd, looks like he gave it up also. Another friend of mine, Greg Ventura broke out by .009 in rd 1 of S/G. I think Brian and Ryan are going to Tucson. Greg is coming home. Y'll try to stay dry.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, still light rain here in Tucson, Brian lost to Dave and this is his home track him with a few championships. I’ll be going out next weekend to watch, I could not handle 4 days of racing. Thanks for all the updates, if you send me a PM with a cell I could send you some videos and photos next week...

Have A Great Weekend!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick
I sent you a PM. Hope it went through.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
The boys aren't going to be in Tucson. The Camaro is running perfect but the Cobalt has a problem. They were going to go but when they called about parking they were told they would be in the dirt so Brian decided to come home.
The Cobalt is going in to get the frame checked. It might be tweaked from those giant wheel stands.
They were there when Herem wrecked and the said the car was junk. I saw were it was posted he has 4 broken vertebrae and is going to have surgery.. Cars can be replaced, the driver can't.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
First race at Rockingham is this weekend an I got kicked to the curb by 20 degree weather then woke up yesterday with an absessed tooth. You talk about pain, never in my long life has anything hurt so bad. So now I am all doped up and get it removed Monday. Maybe l can make the next weekend. But l want everyone to know I am just glad to be here, treasure the moment.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

You're right. I had a doctor prescribe me some pain pills when I had one and he recommended I wash them down with a little alcohol. I said we aren't supposed to do that, are we? He said no but if you just take a little you will be able to sleep.
Get better.

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, I went to dentist today for a filling and to have a crown, 3 hours and 3000.00 dollars later I have a temporary crown. My pain is nothing like an abscessed tooth but my mouth is hurting.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
At least I feel a little better this morning. Antibiotics!! Supposed to get it pulled Monday so hope to go racing that weekend—-I hope!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdbsmith:
I feel your pain, I went to dentist today for a filling and to have a crown, 3 hours and 3000.00 dollars later I have a temporary crown. My pain is nothing like an abscessed tooth but my mouth is hurting.

Crowns are a bigger rip-off than speed equipment for your race car.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It’s out now!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
It’s out now!!!!

clapping

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Feel good this evening. Look a little snaggle toothed though.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Does Summit sell new teeth?
Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Probably. Got to make a run up to Baltimore in the morning and hope to be at Rockingham Sat morning. At least that’s the plan.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Plan is a little iffy. Got up at 5am to get back here and ran out of steam before I got it all hooked up. Going to bed and hit it in the morning and try to get there in time to make a time run

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made it -- about 1 hour late Sat but was OK. Had to fight a gremlin all week end and in the end it won. Thought I had it fixed Sunday then it raised its head 5th pass and I lost. Pretty low turn out for a free race but I guess they had a race at Galot and Darlington had its first points race. Met another DRR person and saw a lot of friends that I haven't seen for awhile. Weather was awesome in the afternoon, bite was excellent, and the barometer was in the cellar so everyone was turning better ETs than usual. Good time. Now to try to find gremlins before this planned weekend at VMP. Congratulations to Kevin Blevins for winning the first points race at Darlington. Later!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Atleast you made it.Some of us were staying home and watching for news fro friends racing.
My group didn't do well at the March Meet. There are only 3 left. We couldn't go this year.
Wayne sold his C/G Nova, Keith is putting a new bullet in his '56 and the hay hauler wasn't ready.
Rocky broke out 1st rd of H/R, Jeff go beat 2nd rd of D/G and Jim broke on the line in N/E 2. He did the burnout, went on the trans brake and broke the input shaft. The Brogie never breaks. Guess it was time.
Y'all have a gooden.

Oh, Nick
Trey Sommers won C/G in his '56.