DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys, happy Sunday,,, yep Floyd English was not my subject...LOL spent the week going over the car with a lot of help. Should be good to go now
Fern for the eastside that's hot. I been working out side most the week temp has been between 105 to 109 which is about 10 over the average. Been using over trailer for last 14 years, its the only way for me.
Fern this retirement is been turning onto a lot of work, honey do this honey do that...Haha

You all have a great Sunday.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, headed to Fontana to make a few check out runs in the TD before leaving for Indy. Hope that ya'll have a great week, be safe everyone!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Morning all. I hope everyone is doing good. I am, just busier than all hell. I’ll check in for real soon.

Thinking of Karen, Ashley, and Bob today. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since we lost Nikki.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru.../75460652/m/19410307

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I know whay you mean. My Nikki decal finally wore off the window on the hay hauler. Had it on right on top of Dianes for years.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well my record is intact, never won a round at Rockingham in 2 days. Car was fine but driver was blind at the tree. That being said I had a good time and saw a ton of old friends. It was hot--dan hot. Get off face book Chuck, we are still here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all, not much going on here, racing to start up here soon. I have been doing a lot of home maintenance this past week , its amazing how slow I am. The car is ready for Fontana race , hoping Floyd you come out one of the days so we can meet. Well back to work outside before it gets too hot....

you all Have A Great Day....Made mine a real Tall Ice Tea...Please…

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all,

It's time for Woody and I to cruise the neighborhood. As soo as I pour me a scotch we will be toolin on down the road.
Fern, we all have days like that. But you were there.

Nick, I doubt it but I will try if they let me in with the minitruck. Can't walk very far anymore. Good luck if I don't get there.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Evenin Y'all,

Nick, I doubt it but I will try if they let me in with the minitruck. Can't walk very far anymore. Good luck if I don't get there.

Floyd, come on out I'm sure a lot of your friends will be racing. W e will have a nice golf cart. Also the toter was a good A/C unit. I'll PM you with my cell....let me know your plan....

Fingers Cross

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
After noon Y'all,

Apparently golf has become a contact sport. Six people got hurt from a lightning strike at the tournament championship in Atlanta today. Golf is more dangerous than drag racing, I guess.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
After noon Y'all,

Apparently golf has become a contact sport. Six people got hurt from a lightning strike at the tournament championship in Atlanta today. Golf is more dangerous than drag racing, I guess.

Contact Sport especially if you are grounded!! . Holy crap! Hope they are ok.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4499 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anybody home?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern I’m home just reading not posting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not much to read.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well still more entertaining than a lot of stuff out there.....LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I've been watching live timing for stock eliminator at the US Nationals for the last 2 days. Cars are fast this year. A lot of old iron and a lot of new iron. Some of the old stuff is incredible. Take 413 Steve Wann for example. He won A/SA again with that old 413 powered mopar.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd just went over and talked to Trey,Pro car just lubed the track! So we are in heat waiting!!
Haha BlahBlah Hurry Up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Snuck up on me Nick.The heat would of killed me today anyhow. Only got 4 hours of battery life on my oxygen concentrator.
Good luck and get some big checks.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd been having a great time!! Lost big time when clutch pack totally died in tranny third round, but the other two friends from Tucson one lost 3rd round too and the last one lost round 4.

So around 4:30 we pulled the tranny out and installed a good spare !!! By 6:00 we got it done and tested . Then we went over to the $1000 to win practice tree event, they both went out 3rd round as the beers started to kick in, I was to busy as the beer runner . By this time I went to get the que started ,,,,tomorrow is another day of racing !!!!

Relaxing

You all have a Great Sunday!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hang in there Nick. Sounds like you are having a good time other than the transmission. This is not a plug but In over 40-50 years I never had a transmission puke thanks to ATIs founder doing them for me....and in the past I ran them to death. That heat is not fun, at Bristol I drank 12 bottles of water and peed once one day. Hot. You stay in the a/c Floyd