DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just returned from VMP where I made a less than stellar performance. But had a lot of fun and saw a lot of friends....Special thanks to Stacy and Jill in the tower that saw to it that I did not go hungry clapping

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, there’s A sweet 56 belair baby blue and white here at Nights of Fire here in Boise....

It's so Hot

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
You know who that is. Trey has been driving the wheels off that thing all year.That new Shaffirof short block makes that thing fly and he's driving good. Watch for those giant wheelies.
Good luck to you, too.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, Trey won first round no big surprise, that is a big wheeling machine!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd wins Trey wins a free entry to next years Nights of Fire at they dinner tonight!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
Are you having fun? Is it everything you expected?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick getting it done working on his “bucket list”. Been trying to race and visit some different places myself. Out West you must travel so far to visit another track. You have a good time Nick and be safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern and Floyd, This is a great place, Right now one ProMod start some grass on fire so everybody
Is chowing down . The trip was 1,070 miles, Took 20 hours including a 2 hour nap.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You get home ok Nick? Now you need to get your Ducks in a row for the SFG race thats coming to Tucson.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, if he's like Trey Sommers he's only half way home. It's a 2 day drive. I'm sure he will pipe in and tell us all about it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd And Fern, good morning on the road just passing LVMS heading home , just 7 more hours !!!
Had a great time , The car had a lot of issues.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, drive safe. Sorry about the issues with the car. It happens. Trey said his trip wasn't up to par either. Did you get to meet him?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd we made it back record time .my friends will stuff will unload there stuff . Mine will stay upstairs to replace trans break solenoid . I will get on my laptop tomorrow and give you full details. About TreyHis car was in the lanes next to a guy and I started talking to a guy that looks like Trey butWas not him He was talking to an army you guys on the other side of his car and I couldn’t interrupt their meeting LOL. He was parked way down in a place they call the bowl which is probably a half mile no quarter mile away from the lanes. I’ll probably see him at SFG race in Tucson.

Tip PC

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all...here is much of what happened at NIGHT OF FIRE up in Boise. Left Monday at around 8 pm the two of us for the 18 hours of driving, Got to 50 miles north of the LVMS drag strip , pulled over to sleep at 4 am waking at 6am only to drive 10 more hours to the gate and got checked in and parked. We came in contact with 6 staff all welcomed us as if we were friends for years. Next day we unload the four cars and made sure we are ready to race{ 2 dragsters , 1 S-10 prostock and my car. About midnight went to airport to pick up Chuck the owner of the rig one of the dragsters and S-10. Next morning I was up at 4 am walking the track, watching the sun come up and waiting. Buy this time I have sleep 2 hour on the road , 3 hours the next 2 nights...LOL As Thursday comes we do 2 time hits and my car is real slow, round one I'm ,within .006 at the light but the car slows again by 2 hun. I and going over while watching Chuck go to the final and runner up. Donnie come over and finds the problem distributor gear wasted , luck if it make one more hit, I burn some food and drink some cool ones. Next day after another 3 hours of sleep we get one time hit the car picks up 5 tens !!!! The car has never been this fast 10.290 at 129.98 mph, first round comes { I have no history in the books for this} weather shows it will slow I dial 10.31 goes 10.272 I breaking out large on the brakes taking a .0112 stripe. Donnie has just been pull up to the wrong guys and Chuck is lost in the semi. Two days in and I'm a 1st round runner up twice. day next weather rolls in 90% time hit ok I get a win with a .013 light his was a .029. Now the car is hot no fan or pump working, find out switch panel is fried Chuck runs the same one and has a spare but is in the middle of the same round Chuck and Donnie are R&R the dragster tranny and converter as he wins but only has high gear. WOW great timing WOW...We both make next round go .001 red on my dial with a three. Chucks car goes straight to 8400 as this new converter lets go spinning the splines , pull and change again... Next day I add five in box and time hit go .004 with another fast hit of 10.286 at 4,790 DA , First round and the car pushed thru the lights when the SLE goes to wide open, I go …. .753 red , dragster next to me has a great .155 light...OMG Chuck comes in at tie for third after leading by 2 rounds and loosing in the semi and our drinking buddy Dan Lafferty goes around us winning the last day. What a great place, had a great time......

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, I got tired just reading all of that. Glad you found the problem and glad you had a good time. Now get ready for Tucson.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wow Nick---Sounds like my VMP trip but at least in my case the car didn't break and did its job--driver didn't show up. Getting ready for Rockingham this week. Going to try to learn how to drive. Those long trips are hard on us old guys but at least I, so far, can always sleep even with race cars, the sun, and neighbors noise from generator. At least so far. Glad you got back ok.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Can't let us slip off the front page.
Not much goin on out there. Kinda quiet with the heat and all. Gotta get out in the garage today and nut and bolt the old Minitruck. It starting to rattle bit. Woody doesn't mind but I don't want stuff falling off as we cruise the neighborhood.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Mourning, ben real hot here last couple of days , cooling down to 105 today. Been working on car and toter, will have my car back together by this evening . Floyd Chris was his race coming up in Fontana over Labor Day, my come out for that one. Sorry I typed out so much detail Floyd....LOL Relaxing

You all have a great day.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It is hot--95 here today. Leaving in a few for a 2 day race at Rockingham. At least its close and I sure need some practice. See you all later--oh, using the open trailer and starting to like it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, don't worry about details. I read them all. Just pause to take a breath now and then. Hit that return button and start a new paragraph. Sorry if I sound like a English teacher.
Fern, have fun and good luck