DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Started getting old motor home ready to sell. Had been 8 months since we used it last and that thing is filthy just from sitting....Got it about 1/2 washed. Then started maintenance on new one and broke the water filter first shot out of the bag. So ordered a new one. To much to do around here + running back and forth to PT for the knee. This takes awhile on an old guy. Floyd I guess its up to me and you to keep Mike Hawks thread alive so we will. Glad you getting it done with the yard, Woody be able to go out and hit a tree in soft grass--cool.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon you two.... we been having great weather out here in the southwest, yesterday was the hottest day since Oct 20th 2018 and it was only 95 ……..very unheard of for us.

Floyd , glad to here you got your yard labors worked out....

Fern, hope that knee PT gets you back to normal soon, sounds like there is not enough hours in the day for you....

You All Have A Great Week....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,

Nick is still alive over there in the sticker patch. Everybody else must be gone on vacation.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Finally done. Never thought it would be so hard to replace a front yard.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening Floyd, and if you’re around Fern too!
Floyd, front yard looks great, I can see Woody rolling on the grass!!!

Myself had a great weekend visiting with friends and then attempting to race. My good friend on Saturday night took me out with a 15 pack , I was right behind him with an 18 pack !!! Sunday morning I take out a heavy hitter with a 15 pack and he goes it under by .011! Next round I race a slower car and have him by .005 on the tree only to give it back by .0011 DANG!!!

Hope the two of you have a Great Week!!!!

Where’s Chuck????

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd you are looking good there. Wish I could do that but over an acre of yard is a little much. With all the trees, flowers, shrubs, etc it takes about 3 hours to mow with my 54in mower. Knee coming along enough I plan on racing at Rockingham this weekend. Spent some time at the Loose Rocker door car race at Piedmont over the weekend. That track knows how to get it done. You ever get a chance to attend one of their races you won't be disappointed....Don't worry Nick I am still here.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all,

Kinda hard to see in this picture but we put in a 4'X6' brick sitting area up there to the left by that little table. Got a neighbor that comes by in the evening and we sit on a bench in the shade and sip on a couple of scotches. I had a whole bunch of used red brick so we put in a 2 brick wide mow strip around all the grass and buil the little patio. I still had 125 bricks to give away to a guy that wanted them. A little more work on the parkway and she will be picture perfect.

My next door neighbor had all those big rocks you see in his front yard and he wanted to get rid of them. So a buddy of mine up the street brought down his bobcat and moved them to my yard. Come to find out a guy up the street wanted them and got pissed off when he saw them in my yard. So he called code enforcement and reported my trailer in the driveway. Now we got to move it over to Marty's for a couple of months. That trailer has been in my driveway for 20 years and a lot of the neighbors borrow it. Petty bullsh$t over a couple of rocks. I'll remember when he wants to use it to move something.

Good luck this weekend, Fern, Take it easy on the knee.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd----I'll just be glad to get to go.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern, are you cashing checks today?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did Floyd, although it was a small one as I lost at 8 cars to my 74 year old friend who slapped a .007 light on me to get him down to 4 which he won, then he ran out in the final with a .006 light to the other guys .039.... 150 years on the starting line they said. My car was deadly consistant and I was on the tree pretty good every day. It was close to 100 degrees down there..... Hope every one had a good weekend. Now back to the grind..

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, anytime you cash is a good one. I remember back in the Heritage series where qualifying got a check for 35 bucks. I was just ahppy as hell to qualify.
Good job. Now kick back and enjoy some sweet tea and A.C.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Looks like we might be getting a little taste of summer in the next few days. I better change the filters in the AC. Gotta keep my Woody comfortable.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Raining here Floyd....I am entered in the WFC race at Bristol over the 4th of July weekend for my next race....Nothing like jumping in with the best in the country for my second race after being out for almost 2 years.....you better keep ol Woody happy, he might kick you out!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Fern A bad day racing is better than a good day at work.
Goin against the best sharpens your skills. Just keep it green and dial hard. Good luck and have fun.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We're having a heat wave,
a tropical heat wave.

105* so Woody and I are inside.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
107* yesterday. We didn't do much. Nothing outside. It's only supposed to get to a hundred today. We'll see how that goes.
Y'all have a gooden. Nick, stay cool.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Morning Floyd. Bit of a heat here too... 105 yesterday but the AC is good! Get things done early...

BTW, House and yard look GREAT!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
70 here at noon. Feels good and supposed to head on up in a few days. Doing a 1/2 hour house project. been at it for 2 hours and a long way to go. None of the holes lineup, none. Oh well got lunch now back to it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Barry. Woody is enjoying the grass while I sit in the shade with a short scotch in the evening.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all .... Us here out west are seeing red right now we should be at 107 today. Been using neighbors pools to cool off after yard work lately ....LOL That is what I like about having great neighbors , we all help each other. One of my neighbor is restoring a 57 belair , which I have been doing a little body work on . Love a garage with AC....

Racing season here is over , the tracks have decided not to fight with the heat and monsoons . They will pick back up in September, my only plan is to go up to Boise for Nights of Fire. I'm not racing will help get toter up there while others fly in. But then will act as cook and tire checker and battery guy, I'll be real busy as they have 4 cars total.... LOL

It's so Hot