DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, Hey, good to hear. You'll be back runnin foot races in no time.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They cancelled Rockinghams big deal for the weekend today---pretty good call as it looks like a good chance of rain all weekend. Floyd I came back to town today for PT and will drive up to Baltimore in the morning to take care of some business. First time driving 350mi so I dragged out the Mercedes. That thing had so much pollen on it you could not tell what color it was, washed it and left it out for 2 hours and it was covered once more. That stuff is awful. Sure is lonely here, just me and Floyd. Where you hiding Nick?

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

When we were running at the March Meet Marty said he noticed the fuel pressure dropped down to 4 lbs at the stripe. So he calls me yesterday and say's drain the gas and I'll be over in a while.
He has a new company he is representing that supposedly has the highest flowing fittings on the market Speed Flow. I know he's been supplying a lot of the street outlaw guys and several of the NHRA promod cars. We pull off everything from the tank to the main feed line and he's going to re-plumb it.
There's a race at Fontana this weekend so we are going to go test. Glad he wants to get out more often.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all,

Today went okay but the wind was blowing and they changed it to 1/8 mile for everybody. So we weren't able to find out what we wanted to know. The old hay hauler was dead consistent though. First 2 were within .003 and the 3rd one picked up a 100th with a tail wind.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm tired.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning all welcome to Sunday .... had a great day racing yesterday had a pretty good crowd for the Tucson reunion race . Nostalgia funny cars , alterds and fireworks quite a few people to help celebrate the reunion. We had a team race , Sure was fun but was the second round loser giving it back to a 7 second dragster. If I would’ve stayed with the plan I would’ve run my number. It’s funny how you’re change the plan when you’re 1200 feet out . Well I got another chance today new race to go along with the new day .....

Floyd, glad to hear you got it done, now it’s time for some rest and some good eats you guys have a great Sunday.

Fern , Good to hear you’re healing up well fast sorry about all that rain ....

Well everyone have a great Sunday and make my ice cream rocky road please !!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made it to Baltimore and back ok. Went to a pickle festival yesterday. Yes PICKLE festival in Mt Olive, NC. Car show, food, music, all that stuff. Whole town lives on one pickle factory. Walked on new knee way to much and paying for it today but enjoyed it. Still raining and the air is still yellow with pollen. At least you all are getting to race a little. Later

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Heard a story about the man and the pickle slicer. We'll go into that later.

After that hard day at racing Iwas hungry on Sunday. A little 50 oz 3" thick rib eye last night.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Going to be a lovely productive day. My place is going to look like a Mexican re-union.
Hose A and Hose B , the gardeners are here now, Daniel and Manuel, the concrete guys, will be here in a couple of minutes to start my new walkway and Lupe and Anna, the housekeepers will be here at 8:30. Maybe I oughta order up some chips and salsa.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wish I could get some of that help here....To far out in the country and the chicken plants have bill boards up hiring anyone that is breathing for good money. And I can use some help. Been moving so fast I don't know where I am most of the time. Just got back from Durham, twice a week for PT. Doing good I think and leaving for a week in Charleston, SC for a week the 29th. Got this new lap top computer and its a challenge for these old bones. First time trying it. May get to race soon if it quits raining. Easter came and went I guess, it was cold! Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you're moving around, Fern.

I have a brick walkway that's as old as me so I'm replacing it with concrete. Goin to use the brick and put a mow strip around the perimeter of the front yard and put in new sprinklers and grass. Time to shape up the front yard. Kinda let it go over the years.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spent most of the day pressure washing the car port. The pollen had turned it yellow. Took 4 hours. Mad

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Walkway and mow strip are finally done. The guys did a great job but they would starve to death on piecework. Took them 4 days to do 42' x 2' walkway and 64' of two brick wide mow strip. I added a 4' x 6' brick pad off the walkway to put a bench so hey nicked me for another 330 bucks. Concrete finish is real nice and they grouted all the brick work. Now if I can get Hose A and Hose B in here to do the sprinklers and grass we'll be good. Got to get at least 1 load of top soil to bring up the level. All good.
Happy Birthday to my Mom. She is 98 today.
Y'all have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been watching the $40,000 footbrake race at Darlington. Ernie Humes wins over Kelly Stevens. Kellys car owner buys slicks from me and I have been friends with Ernies family for ever.....good to see the local guys getting it done. You can't beat a Loose Rocker race! Would liked to have been there but this knee isn't ready yet. Sounds like you are making it nice out there Floyd. We are leaving in the AM for Charleston, SC for a week or so in the morning......Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Can't let this slip off the first page.

Hose A and Hose B will be here this morning to rip out the old sprinklers, rototill and spread top soil and put in new sprinklers. Turf come next Tuesday. Getting close to being done.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Still a tourist here in Charleston. Pretty interesting area but lots of traffic. Can’t imagine what it’s like here in the summer. You doin good Floyd.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys. Just took a break from loading truck to go racing at Wild Horse Pass. Got a evening race that I was doubled up in . S/P and S/ST with a new ram setup...should be fun.

You all Have A Great Day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hose A and Hose B showed up with C and D. Collectively thye weren't worth a ****. They didn't do half what I told them to do and didn't do that very well. The sprinklers work good though even if they didn't get them the right hight. There is going to be a argument tomorrow morning and I'm going to either get what I asked for or pay him short and send him on his way. My neighbor says I'm too trusting.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good Mornin Y'all,

I wound up paying the gardeners for what they di and sent them on their way. Now I Gotta find somebody to finish the job and a new gardener. I hate it when they come back and try to raise the price half way done.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
At least you can get some help. Here every business has a "help wanted" sign out front can't get any help for things around the home. I haven't been here much the last few months and every thing is behind. Plus I got a race car out there in the garage that would like to take a ride. Won't be long now I hope.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

My neighbor decided since Iwas doing my yard he better step up the pace on what he started 6 months ago. He has a commercial landscaper he gives a lot of work to do so they came in did a whole bunch of work. Talked to them about mine and they are going to piggy back my work with his and finish both yards Friday. Saves me some money getting all the sod and mulch delivered together. Weather permitting should be done this weekend. Woody is going to enjow a new grass yard.
Y'all have a gooden.