DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone----looks like I been slacking here. Weekend weather was a bear. 27 degrees Sunday am. All outside plans cancelled. Pretty bad Ronnie Davis getting killed at Rockingham--the King is gone RIP. Looks like summer will be gone before it quits snowing. Floyd you tak good care of your little friend---I miss mine every day. Chuck hard to believe you have snow but you let the Olds run awhile it will melt off Wink Where are you hiding big Mike? Loggin? Everyone have agood day

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Wet day yesterday, into the night. Got the Cutlass back into my trailer last night, just need to change plugs Saturday morning before racing and let it eat. Knock on wood, weather forecast looks real nice, warming up as the week goes on.

1258, yeah, that is a tough swing on back to back weekends. There are good footbrake and no box races out there, just got to look. WFC, Loose Rocker, Kevin Pollard, Chris Butcher, all putting good stuff together. I would love to do the SuperBowl that is 2 weeks after the WFC, but right now that is out of the budget, cost and time off wise.

Fern, you're 75, you're allowed to slack! Big Grin I never had the pleasure of meeting Ronnie, awful tragedy.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
You ain't goin to believe it. First time in several years the butthead didn't open my package.
So much for teaching him a lesson. Now, who do I give it to?
Y'all have a gooden! Confused Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd just keep it on your desk unopened for awhile. Eventually he will get curious.

Chuck I know they are around, just all over not near the northeast. Might have to hit up Numidia for once.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone!! Floyd maybe he is scanning DDR and he knew your plan.... LOL

Have A Great day!!!!

OPPS ! Forgot to say won a 4 Round S/P race Saturday!!! Winner, winner Chicken dinner (Lucky Wishbone no less).... LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
Floyd just keep it on your desk unopened for awhile. Eventually he will get curious.

Chuck I know they are around, just all over not near the northeast. Might have to hit up Numidia for once.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. These are the days I'm glad I have a desk job so I can stream the Spring Fling the next few days.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Nice looking one too, sun is out, but it was a cold start to the morning, complete with frost.

1258, I would really like to try Numidia some time too, but October is always pretty busy for me. Good races there, and I've heard great things about the track.

Floyd, who was the sender on the package? Did it tip him off? Post on here you left a pile of money in your unlocked desk drawer, as a test to see if he's reading DRR. Big Grin

J, I didn't want to steal your thunder and post about the W. Congrats again!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Guy's Good morning to you all !!! Weather here is same as Vegas this week mornings in the 60s warming to mid 70s...

Chuck, That's real nice of you to say , thunder is not a big deal.. look out for the lighting!!!...LOL

Camaroracer , If saw yesterday's race with the final being decided by .001 your in for a treat this week. I'm working on the front line so I'll be reading Drag Central for results and then replaying the stream after hours tonight....

Mike, where you at? I'm missing your posts.....

Floyd , sure wish your plan worked out, would of been nice.

Everyone have a Great Day.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
There's a ton of cars there. I would waste my whole day if I turned it back on.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think most of those guys & gals got to much money and no job----how else can you take a whole week or more off to go to Vegas, Bristol, the million, etc?

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dude the ridiculous amount of motorhomes, toters and stackers is crazy. Barely anyone has a simple setup. I'd be able to easily take off a week from work, but the money spent on all that. Damn.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I agree , where do they get the money? Most all my friends at the Fling are in the auto business. They all build , or supply, or service in the auto field. Since this is a all Super Pro race ( and a 32 Pro deal ) the pits look a lot different. In 2014 I was a odd sighting being a pickup and open trailer. I may travel with toter and huge RV guy's but I'm not changing... I've looked at enclosed, just can not see it me stepping up....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I've got a real nice enclosed trailer and a nice pickup but it would get lost in that sea of motorhomes, toterhomes, stackers, etc. They have a lot of heavy hitters there and the racing is furious.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Yep, saw a .008 package lose!!!! .000 at the tree ran his number with an 8 and lost.... Its a rough crowd , as always.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey guys hope all is going well me it's been a tough couple weeks y'all say a prayer for my boy Mannie we've started seeing some of the effects of his bio parents and their drug use,I hadn't said anything over on FB so it's just between us.
It makes so mad what these dumbass dope headed give me everything people do to these kids we've had Mannie for going 12 yrs he's always has issues but now that he's 14 and going thru becoming a young man it's got pretty bad,and as I said earlier I've been back driving the log truck and started with this local online auction site and doing good,but my stress level is bad,the dr put me on muscle relaxers and said that would help my stress and bp but they didn't tell me how depressed I'd be.

Somedays it all runs together as I said say a prayer for Mannie and for me and my X-Hope this is really hard to deal with,well enough of all that,the race cars almost ready just a few more adjustments and I'm looking at the last weekend of the month I've still not made my mind up on FB or top I can do both with this car but I'm not sure I can do both with one leg,lol.........

Ok I ain't caught up all the way but I'm working on it,Fern tell mom Taterman said howdy,red you stay cool out there in the dessert Winkand Floyd that Buddy's getting younger looking all the time,he's eating good,what up with you,you look rough,lol,j/k you know I love you bud.

Ok till I get back bisquits and gravy for everybody and Sweet tea for my pal Chuck....

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn Mike that sounds like some tough **** for you to deal with. Drugs are nothing to mess with these days especially with all the easy access to them. Heroin is out of control these days. And we are paying to have these overdosed folks get saved by the police.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looking like a real nice day out there, hopefully it helps the Pirates win this afternoon. Nice win for the Penguins last night to start the playoffs. I had the Vegas race on at the same time, fell asleep with it finishing up the 3rd round. It was really cool to see Scott Lemen get the win Tuesday night.

Floyd, I feel the same way about live feeds. I have to watch myself, or else I will end up watching all day.

1258, I'm amazed too. I'll stick with my old Ram and old enclosed. I own those, not the bank.

J, out in the AZ heat, I would think an enclosed would become an oven! Big Grin Set some biscuit dough on the counter, close the doors, make a pass, biscuits be done by the time you come back. Laughing

Shoot, Mike, sorry to hear that. Being 14 and having the stones drop is enough of a time on its own, the issues make that worse. I know when I was a teenager, I was hardheaded and sure I knew more than my parents. Took me a little time to learn some lessons the hard way. I know I added to their stress levels. Prayers for both of you, my friend. Maybe J will mail you one of those trailer biscuits. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Gorgeous weekend in the forecast, and man, I cannot wait to race tomorrow! This is the first time since I blew up my 455 that I am in my car to test before the points and money events started. It's a good feeling. Change plugs, swap wheels/tires, maybe even clean off some of the dirt, and go racing! My buddy and teammate is making his season debut on a new engine tomorrow, and I'm excited to see how it runs for him. No matter how tomorrow goes for us, either way, it will be ice cream time. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Weather looks good this weekend to toy with the wagon. Under partial throttle it feels like its shifting stupid early at like 5-10 mph. Modulator needs adjusting?

Chuck, I like to keep it old and classic too. Until my wife shows true interest in wanting to come and support, I'll do open too. But right now the wagon is meant to cruise to the track, race, and then drive home.