Bracket Talk
"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/98810111

February 13, 2009, 09:57 AM
Guy M. Price
"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
This Friday the 13th started off right! One of the first things I do every morning after oatmeal and a cup of hot tea while I read "The Arizona Regurgable" newspaper is to go on line and check and make sure someone hasn't invaded my checking account and my $2 life savings! This morning I went on and found the IRS found time to deposit by Income Tax Refund in my account! I'm sure they only had to dig up one shoebox out on the White House lawn to get my refund to me! Last year's refund went for an HD Samsung TV for me! This year, I am gonna ask the wife if she wants one for the bedroom rather than that 200 pound beast that she watches every day! I'll bet you two bits to a hole in a donut she declines and says: "No, this one work's fine!" I hope so cause I don't wanta have to hire someone with a forklift to come in the house and carry the old one out! You all have a very happy Friday the 13th and don't forget, tomorrow is Valentine's day! So rush out by your "love" some fresh mescan made chocolates since all the candy companies, including Hersheys have moved to Mexico! Eyes Tongue Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"
February 13, 2009, 08:32 PM
concreteman
Happy 13 to ya, Mike. Man I been gone for a few days. Hard drive took a hard dive. had to replace it, but was trying to fix myself. LOL
Got er fixed and am back on.

These computers are like water, cant live with out em. Boy am I glad to be back.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair
February 13, 2009, 10:16 PM
Mike Hawks
No where you're coming from Marty,my laptop broke down,for about 3wks.so I bought Mannie a desk top for the house,for Christmas,used it while mine was down,I wonder if thats fair to use his gift... Eyes...he did'nt seem to mind,I let him use it every now and then.... Wink.......Good to have you back,wandered where you was,was thinking since it had been so pretty,you had been busy,or at least hunting..... Big Grin........or farming,hows the kids........ Smile........
February 14, 2009, 05:45 AM
rooster_439
good morning MH looks like the weather man done dropped the ball again Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss
February 14, 2009, 07:15 AM
Floyd Staggs
Mornin, Mike.
Damm, another consecutive day. But I better wait for the paper to find out if my name is in it. Then I'll know whether it's a good day or not.
It better be a good day, got to get over to my kids house and help him get the motor in his altered. The Narch Meet is just around the corner and we're going to try to get that VW powered car qualified in NE1.

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
https://www.thefoat.com/Ososik...jnkQG5aVrmV3A%3D%3D/
February 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
concreteman
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hawks:
,hows the kids........ Smile........

They aint good. I dont know what happened, but the wife went out sat morn and come back in the house and told me they was dead. One was dead and the other was about dead. I worked with it for several hours. Gave it a shot of vit B and cdt, tube fed it and had it looking a bit better but it died later in the evening. That sucks, but its the way life is. Now I only have 3 does left. I will wait till fall and breed again.

Oh BTW HAPPY VD to all.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair
February 14, 2009, 09:34 AM
Mike Hawks
Goooood morning DRR family,beautiful day here,was supposed to be a bad day all the races called off,man I would hate to be the one that had to make those decisions,you just can't win,damned if you do,damned if you don't,anyway Rooster,you're right weatherman dropped the ball,sorry to here about the kids Marty,you are right,you never know about them baby goats sometimes they just don't make it,sometimes they just bounce everywhere,trying to put a good face on a rough morning,got the word last night my uncle is not going to make it,he's only in his early 60's,been sick awhile,they are going to remove him from life support this afternoon,got to get to the hospitial,he has two sons,been divorced for years,kind of a loner,real sad when there's not a close net family around,makes a man think,makes me think,sometimes a fellow burns bridges that he should have left standing,anyway I'd appreciate a prayer,when you guys get the chance,going to be a tough day,and yes Floyd,it sure is good to have them days hook up,ya'll have a good day,sorry I was so long,but you know somedays you need to talk,if nothing else to hear your head roar......................................
February 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
Guy M. Price
Concreteman, sorry to hear about the kids! And on Valentine's day of all things! If you'd move to AZ it would be a little warmer and maybe you wouldn't had these problems! Good luck with your future family planning! Mike, sure hope you find someone that needs you to be their Valentine! My guess is that will be your day's greatest challenge! Good luck! Smile just do it Wink Eyes Tongue Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"
February 14, 2009, 09:59 AM
RACER99O
Mor'n all... took a little time off this weekend since the kids are out of school this weekend for 3 days because of Presidents Day on Monday. Nicole and I headed 4 hrs or so East to Gatlinburg, Tn for a little r&r.

Valintines day in the smokey mountains looks beautiful. Woke up to a warm hot tub on the deck! Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge looks like a Las Vegas for Kids... can't wait to hit the town shortly.

Y'all be good while I'm away and have a nice Valentines Day.

SL...out

www.dragraceresults.com

February 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Ragidy57
have funn...Crew Chief....

Mor'n EVERYBODY

tee

Tee
wjoh155052@aol.com

Schooled by Scotty
http://www.scottyrichardsonsdragracingschool.com/
615-804-2487

My Home Track
New London Dragway.

www.biondoracing.com
www.racepartdepot.com

Loose Change does not smoke tires because i didn't teach him to do that.
February 14, 2009, 12:00 PM
Floyd Staggs
I checked the paper and my name wasn't there. So it's off to put a racecar back together.

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
https://www.thefoat.com/Ososik...jnkQG5aVrmV3A%3D%3D/
February 14, 2009, 03:23 PM
MsFurr
We didn't make it, Rick decided he just couldn't get done in a day what he use to get done in a couple of hours Eyes
We thought about heading to G'burg too, instead we picked up the kids @ school & surprised them with a trip to g'boro & their 1st Circus, pretty cool stuff, and we got to the Japanese steakhouse before it closed...always nice to make memories...
It sure has been nice here today too...no rain either, maybe it'll be nice next weekend.
sorry about you Uncle, Mike.

Happy Valentines day fellas!

FurrRacing.com
February 14, 2009, 07:41 PM
Guy M. Price
Mike Hawk, did you see those tall palm trees next to U.S. Airways Stadium in Phoenix on the NBA All Star Weekend on TNT today? Got two of 'em in my front yard that are around 40' tall! Raised one of 'em from, basically, birth and the other one was about the height of a three year old when I stuck it in the ground in 1979! They is "big boys" now! Eyes Smile just do it Tongue Wink Cool

February 15, 2009, 04:28 AM
rooster_439
good morning all Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss
February 15, 2009, 06:24 AM
BarneyB
Mornin people Cool
It's hard to think we are on the down side of February all ready Eek
BB

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

February 15, 2009, 07:21 AM
bcdx30
mornin everyone....hard to be patinet when i hear some of you racing already,the snow just left hear and now theres more coming....i need to move...
February 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
Mike Hawks
Morning all,Scott ya'll have fun in G-burg,you know Guy will lead us.... help.....MsFurr,Rick at the circus now thats a fit..... Eyes......Guy I did'nt get to see the game,matter of fact,did'nt know there was a game,been busy with family stuff and Dr.duties,you know,but I have a 3yr.old nefew,that loves palm trees,everytime he see's one he freaks,and begs his Mom and Dad to dig him one up,too funny,my uncle was taken off life support,and they told us he would'nt live long,because of the amount of brain damage that occured with the stoke,but they took him off,and he stablized and was resting well on his on when I left late last night,and still this morning,we know it,s only a matter of time,only the good lord knows the hour,so thanks for the prayers,and continue praying,we sure all need it......all ya'll guys up north hang in there,springs around the corner,and if you had lived here yesterday,you would have been mad,because it was beautiful,and no racing,because of the weather forecast,so who knows,sorry for going long again this morning,alot going on here,but still above ground,and thats a good thing,the 500 today,and hopes of a great day for all........ Smile.............GO JUNIOR...........
February 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
Bowtie66
I agree at my age any time you wake up is a good morning. I have my wife read the Obits first thing, because if I'm in there I'm not getting out of bed.
February 15, 2009, 08:16 AM
ET2278
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great day Big Grin

Jim McKelvey
February 15, 2009, 09:09 AM
Transman
Ditto. Wife, little one, and I took my mom out for dinner last night. Going to try and keep after the trans work now as I have 2 TH-400's, a TH-350, and 2 Glides staring back at me. Never a dull moment. And there's the Daytona race... plus the little one wants me to take her ice skating again today. Anyone know what spare time is? Smile I'm outta here... church stuff to begin things then a normal busy Sunday.

Steve Oldani (319) 230-1440
oldanimotorsports.20megsfree.com