DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    660 Top Bulb Nationals Being Graced by the Weather Gods
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

660 Top Bulb Nationals Being Graced by the Weather Gods
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Our friends in the North to North East have been hammered the past 2 years with weather. Finally Keystone Raceway catches a break for one of the best races of the year up that way. Break out the sun screen and BBQs. Make sure you have plenty of race fuel because this one looks like it will be completed as scheduled! We were planning on attending until my recent "trip" in the shower.

weather forecast

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don’t start talking to loudly, somebody doesn’t like that and will flip on you in a heartbeat.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sorry you won't make it, Tater. I hope you're healing well.

No preentry, $399 for 3 $15K's, good time and a good deal. I'm going to be footin' it for first round and the reentry round, maybe get through here and there.

Double entries permitted. Double entries must use 2 numbers. No driver may have more than 2 entries, no car can go down the track more than twice per round.
All run, 1/8th mile, no deep staging.
First round bye will be previous event winner, or random draw. Subsequent bye runs given to best winning R/T of previous round (reentry round winner not eligible for round 2 bye). Ties broken by best package. In the event of an even pairing, the bye car gets lane choice. Unused byes do not carry over, but the driver remains eligible to earn the bye again. An entry cannot take 2 byes unless all other remaining entries have also taken a bye.
Reentry will run each other, with the winners advancing to round 2.
Lane choice: Once the lanes run, late arrivals must go to tail end of the single file lane. Single lane, lane choice determined by coin flip.
Entries will be paired on a pro ladder at 8 cars/quarterfinals, based on RT. New ladder each round.
120 car minimum. In the event of short field, R/U, semis, round money guaranteed. Only "WIN" is subject to prorating.
If weather shortens race, race will be completed after the next day's scheduled race, time and weather permitting. If the race cannot be finished, remaining payouts will be split to the winners of the last completed round.
Random inspection may be done at any time. Slew rate controls are expressly prohibited. Infractions may result in DQ, forfeit of entries, and/or money. No downtrack throttle stops.
No gold cards for entries, however, IHRA/NHRA gold or silver cards may be used for 1 free buyback in each race (not transferable).
CrossTalk will ALWAYS be on. It will not be turned off.
Door cars called separately until 1 left, or total entries is 8. Last door car may run against first dragster (only 1 bye per round).

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ok I think it’s safe now to talk about the weather. I will be there Friday morning with a 5.34 on my window.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Glad to see crosstalk will not be turned off. This has caused an issue in the past. Just so the racers know this, What is the official dial in board ? The clocks in the water box or the scoreboards ?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No Motormania this year.. 1st thing to go wen they made it 15's probably.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
$3,000 - $6,000 for live coverage is tough to swallow as an expense. Although it seems we as racers and fans have come to expect some form of live coverage of these events, I think most don't realize this is being paid for by the promoter / track.

MMTV and DRTV are businesses and charge a premium to the track / promoter for their services.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Didn’t realize no live coverage so now nobody will believe me that I ran 5.34 first two passes. Big Grin
Oh well with live coverage nobody will see me stinking it up later.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What was the car count like today? Might drag my junk up tomorrow morning, make a charitable donation, and if I am unlucky enough, get beat by a house car!

Razz

Posts: 1558 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think I heard 208 entries today. More were pulling in throughout the day after the race had started.

W - Chris Bear - 5.96 dial, .0115 RT, 5.9729 ET, 114.62mph
R/U - Marco Abruzzi, 6.30 dial, .0268 RT, 6.3028 ET, 106.58mph
.0053 MOV to Bear. Dave Gunn was the lone semifinalist

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post