DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    I Am Not A Spectator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Am Not A Spectator
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
NASCAR? While I am a car guy and enjoy seeing car “things,” watching a bunch of guys going around in circles for 500 miles isn’t my thing. Call me when it gets down to the last 10 laps and my eyes will be glued on the finish. Maybe that’s why I like drag racing.

https://dragracingedge.com/the...-not-a-spectator-59/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Charlie Allen
posted Hide Post
Top row of the stands with a cold one watching a 50 lap Outlaw Winged Sprint Car race............yep, count me in !! Watching drag racing, not so much. Drag racing is a participant sport only.

"Mourning the loss of Auto Club Dragway in Fontana"............RIP

Posts: 532 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm short attention span in my older years. I watch drag racing on dvr and fast forward like a mad man.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have to tell you. I really enjoy watching a lot of the current bracket racing available online. But only because I personally know some of the competitors. If I don't know a single competitor, I have much less connection. About the only thing I can root for is that the door car beats the dragster. Smile As for the heads up/no prep/whatever stuff, I am only there for the carnage. Just being honest. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I got to watch Vegas TS and TD all rounds. Have to tell you it was really great racing and I was glued! Knowing most of the hitters helps but there were all divisions being represented. Pretty cool. However...I would not have traveled to watch it.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4480 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As professional racing has become more and more "spec" racing my enthusiasm has waned considerably over the years. It first started with Indy car, and I was born and raised in Indianapolis area. My grandfather use to take me to qualifications so my initial interest was high. But as chassis and engines became spec items I couldn't take it seriously anymore. And of course drag racing has followed the same path. The difference in body templates in pro stock is a joke.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Love watching local dirt races, always sit there thinking about how in the heck i could build one yet keep my drag car up and running. How much work would it be to maintain? How much would it cost? How much would i spend at the car wash? Where would i put all that dirt if i tried to wash it at home? ETC. ETC. ETC.....

Then i leave and go back to drag racing where i can race have fun all weekend and leave it in the trailer for another 2 weeks without washing it then race again..... Glad i don't run dirt.

Posts: 371 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I'm short attention span in my older years. I watch drag racing on dvr and fast forward like a mad man.

I'm just like that now too...

I just figured out you can fast forward to the semis and they will re-cap the entire race for ya in the break between rounds.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
I love drag racing because I can participate in it.

I follow Formula One because I love the drama, the skill and the incredible engineering.

I follow WEC especially the longer endurance races. Man and Machine - it's fantastic.

I grew up in the South, I still love the South and our Dixie ways and for a very, very long time stock car racing was everything to me. But then someone decided that it all had to be cookie-cutter, that cheating was bad for the sport while I think it's just racin'. Suddenly the younger crowd were NASCAR fans and they didn't know a jackscrew from a pop rivet and it all changed. Dale, Alan, Adam, Davie and more were gone. Now you get wrecked, throw a fist and get a $50k fine. Gotta be corporate but why - corporate money made the technology better but ruined the sport, now most of the corporate money has left - show me one ride that has a single full corporate sponsor now - there isn't one. Half or more of the stands are covered up now, but they still act like the race is "sold out". The new car coming out will be nothing but an IROC deal going forward.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post