DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trump gets it - Delaying taxes until July 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump gets it - Delaying taxes until July 15
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Hey,
He gets it.
We don't have to pay our taxes now until July 15.

At least he's trying.
Sounds like he knows how bad things will be.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The key word here is "pay". One still has to file by April 15. Also any proposed tax credits, for businesses, won't be able to be used until 2020 filing, so they would be virtually worthless for those in immediate need.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Hi Canted,
Actually he bumped the whole thing.
No one has to FILE until July 15.

I know I said "pay", its a habit because that's all I do.
Big Grin

https://www.npr.org/sections/c...coronavirus-pandemic

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
They actually had a thing called an extension you can file for.
I don't think anybody gets it or will learn anything from this. So far this virus has stayed at the higher tax brackets and the people that they contacted. When it gets down to the working people, the college students and the homeless it will be Katy bar the door.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually he bumped the whole thing.

That's what I just heard. What I stated earlier was told to me by my tax man when I turned in my taxes. Don't know if it has been changed or he was mistaken. Ditto on that "that's all I do".

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Since the gov't is 'extending these money situations' ....... how 'bout something with the 'quarterly taxes' I have to pay, being self-employed. (first one due April 15th)

Anyone hear anything about that? ...... just asking.

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
as of today:

MARCH 20, 20203:30 PM
Tax forms and payments won’t be due to the Internal Revenue Service until July 15 this year, Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin said Friday as the government looks for ways to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.

“We are moving Tax Day from April 15 to July 15,” Mnuchin said in a tweet. “All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties.”

Posts: 13 | Location: MA. | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I live in Illinois and I think this "might" be another Illinois scam.

You have until July on the Federal taxes,but I have yet to see that same date for the STATE taxes.

I'm trying to find this out.

I can see ole JB Pritzker putting on some pretty hefty fees for filing late.

He has to eat you know.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post