DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Stop/Start function
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stop/Start function
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wife bought a new Buick which has the start/stop on it. While it does not seem consistent in doing it every time, I dislike the fact the starter has to engage the flywheel each time it restarts. Do any of you GM guys know if we can have this function disabled? Can we have the dealer do it and would it affect the warranty?

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Runner-up:
Wife bought a new Buick which has the start/stop on it. While it does not seem consistent in doing it every time, I dislike the fact the starter has to engage the flywheel each time it restarts. Do any of you GM guys know if we can have this function disabled? Can we have the dealer do it and would it affect the warranty?

On my 16 Cruze there is no way to disable it. On some of the newer GMs there is apparently a button to disable it. So if there’s no button you’re probably out of luck.

An aftermarket tune from somewhere like trifecta performance can disable it for you but the dealer wouldn’t like to see that I’m sure. I doubt the dealer can do it. Good luck.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Runner-up:
We've had this feature on 2013 Malibu and never a problem in 8 years.

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
My Wifes car (not a Buick) has it, and I found that if your light on the brake pedal pressure it wont shut off.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My daughter's 2019 Jeep Sahara that I bought new 1 year ago has it, she doesn't mind it and it can be deactivated from the driver's seat.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Driving a rental car Jeep right now due to no driving idiot on highway. The Jeep has this crap and if I buying it this would be deactivated before I bought it or I would not have it.

As OP said I can not see anyway this does not shorten starter life.

Take into account I counseled Idea of newer truck because I hate all the electronic crap in them. Not to mention the cost is just stupid high.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Has anybody tried the obdII plug ins that supposedly turn the auto stop off? I see them advertised for around $150, but before I buy one I would like to know if they work.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe a dumb question, but have you scrolled through the info system on the dash and tried to find a disable function?

Posts: 119 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a 19 terrain and I have looked in the info screen but I didnt see anything about disabling the auto stop and there is nothing in the manual about it. So i thought it couldnt be done on board. Being in Vegas its not a big deal cause the ac is on all the time but Im thinking this winter it might be a concern.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
A google search turned up this trick to try....
Pop the hood before starting it. Start it, and close the hood.
The article goes on to say that even several of the third party programs take advantage of this to disable it... by tricking the ECM (or BCM) that the hood is open until the engine is running.

GM Authority Article

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its not OEM but ive put a few of the over ride plugs in some fords. google it and i bet something comes up

Posts: 64 | Location: Ocoee | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post