New
Find
Notify
Tools

DEF
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Says the scared old man that can't park his butt in the driver's seat & compete in the Big Show. Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2478 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I just bought 35 gallons on ebay just in case. It's still pretty cheap price wise.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You would not believe the problems DEF can cause on a large trailer mounted backup generator....

I have one here..... A 350KW unit with a Volvo engine and it's been here for months....

Very costly to let one sit and not maintained for a while...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Whats even worse when you have to buy the Volvo
PTT Diagnostic software for these engines. OR call a vendor in to run the program. Cha ching....

Posts: 1407 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just bought 35 gallons on ebay just in case.

If you think about it just a little, it's a self inflicted wound. The need for DEF was mandated by a non-elected government bureau and now the supply chain situation was exacerbated by the guvment. Don't you just hate it when they pull on your nose ring.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Whats even worse when you have to buy the Volvo
PTT Diagnostic software for these engines. OR call a vendor in to run the program. Cha ching....

We eventually did call in an outside company good with the Volvo ECU's......$1800 for the service call added to a lot of things we changed to get it working without shutting down in faults....

The company that bought it from us neglected it and sold it to someone else.

It sat for I'm not sure how long....2-3 years I'd guess....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have only worked on 2 large units. They were in the basement of the large hospital. Naturally it was for minor things. Massive units. Pre Def. Funny thing i asked the engineer there, how the
He** do you get this thing out of here if need be.
Knock out one of the walls. The one, they lost a crank and rod/bearings. Repair was north of 125K.

The other one was outside. Had to get the radiator out. Had to call the local crane Co for the pull out. (Goodall)

Posts: 1407 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I just bought 35 gallons on ebay just in case.

If you think about it just a little, it's a self inflicted wound. The need for DEF was mandated by a non-elected government bureau and now the supply chain situation was exacerbated by the guvment. Don't you just hate it when they pull on your nose ring.

Yep, definitely frustrating.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post