DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Silent Assassin
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Silent Assassin
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Good laugh about tracks not being able to handle an EV fire, most couldn't handle an RV fire with a propane tank or a race trailer with a drum of methanol either. Should we ban them for that reason?

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Good laugh about tracks not being able to handle an EV fire, most couldn't handle an RV fire with a propane tank or a race trailer with a drum of methanol either. Should we ban them for that reason?
I could care less about the fire part….but we did have a local warehouse that had some clown Asian dude that had these batteries stacked in there that caught fire….it was so bad they just gave up an let it burn itself out took days…I am more concerned about the traffic light READERS that are built in….YOU TUBE an then think it’s alright

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I could care less about the fire part….but we did have a local warehouse that had some clown Asian dude that had these batteries stacked in there that caught fire….it was so bad they just gave up an let it burn itself out took days…I am more concerned about the traffic light READERS that are built in….YOU TUBE an then think it’s alright

I agree with the Traffic light reader portion. If it can sense a traffic light turning green, why couldn't it sense anything to do with the tree?

I can't believe people even argue about this one.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Not gonna get into the electronics part of it just yet, but it sure sounds like the potential is there for some un-sportsmanlike conduct by a bad actor... Big Grin
I am curious about the incremental times of an EV, for a given ET range.
Does anyone have any timeslips or run data from an EV, to compare with the incrementals of a similar ET car that is traditional Internal Combustion powered? My guess is since they achieve full power output immediately, they would probably 60' real well, get out ahead of a similar ET, normal car early, then the fuel car would begin to chase it down? (Assuming nearly equal ET's and both reasonably optimized). But I have no idea, and honestly my assumptions are just going off the different performance characteristics of my 2-stroke, nitro blend RC truck vs the newer electric versions of he same model. Roll Eyes

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
Not gonna get into the electronics part of it just yet, but it sure sounds like the potential is there for some un-sportsmanlike conduct by a bad actor... Big Grin
I am curious about the incremental times of an EV, for a given ET range.
Does anyone have any timeslips or run data from an EV, to compare with the incrementals of a similar ET car that is traditional Internal Combustion powered? My guess is since they achieve full power output immediately, they would probably 60' real well, get out ahead of a similar ET, normal car early, then the fuel car would begin to chase it down?

Quite the opposite. Soft 60', MPH like a mofo. 10 0's @ 150

Check out the Tesla Plaid channel on youtube, go back about a year. The guy is a bit goofy, but he runs the dog crap out of his Tesla.
Probably paid for it easily with the youtube revenue.

NHRA bent the rules for these cars.
No cage, no cert, no license, no parachute and 150 MPH is A-Okay.

Oh yeah, he's already had a near disaster crash at over 145 mph when a car from the other lane tagged him. Seat belt and helmet in a 150 MPH crash isn't going to be good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Goob,

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

I agree with the Traffic light reader portion. If it can sense a traffic light turning green, why couldn't it sense anything to do with the tree?

I can't believe people even argue about this one.

Well this is what you get you haven't a clue how the Tesla system works.

"Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control is designed to recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs, slowing Model Y to a stop when using Traffic-Aware cruise control or Autosteer. This feature uses the vehicle's forward-facing cameras, in addition to GPS data, and slows the car for all detected traffic lights, including green, blinking yellow, and off lights in addition to stop signs and some road markings. As Model Y approaches an intersection, the touchscreen displays a notification indicating the intention to slow down. You must confirm that you want to continue or Model Y stops at the red line displayed on the touchscreen's driving visualization."

Not even available on the Tesla-S Plad.

Just saying

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post